One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-05-27 04:40:09

Wood

FR though

Is this game actually abandoned, what's the last we've heard of Jason. I see he trained a dog, I feel like all his uploads are actually a lowkey troll. Think about it,  First he was moving house or some shit. Now he doesn't even use an excuse, just uploads lil snippets of him doing other shit and ignoring the playerbase.

The whole game was social experiment about rebuilding civilization, My theory is he stopped updating because the game is actually done. There's no content cause civilization has already been achieved, The end-game is pretty much present day civilization even if the technology isn't exactly the same.

Last edited by Wood (2022-05-27 05:02:29)

A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.

#2 2022-05-27 09:58:58

Léonard

Re: FR though

I think he's just bitter and sad because his last 2 years of updates were a trainwreck and everyone but him saw it coming.
To top it off he's too stubborn to admit his mistakes, so the game is in limbo as a result.

#3 2022-05-27 10:05:15

Wood

Léonard wrote:

I think he's just bitter and sad because his last 2 years of updates were a trainwreck and everyone but him saw it coming.
To top it off he's too stubborn to admit his mistakes, so the game is in limbo as a result.

In Jason's defense, he did end up with A multiplayer survival game of parenting and civilization building.

Last edited by Wood (2022-05-27 10:07:32)

A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.

#4 2022-05-27 10:13:55

Léonard

Oh yeah the game before that was amazing. It could have been so much more though.. Sad to see it go that way.

#5 2022-05-28 19:24:40

Arcurus

Wood wrote:

Is this game actually abandoned, what's the last we've heard of Jason. I see he trained a dog, I feel like all his uploads are actually a lowkey troll. Think about it,  First he was moving house or some shit. Now he doesn't even use an excuse, just uploads lil snippets of him doing other shit and ignoring the playerbase.

The whole game was social experiment about rebuilding civilization, My theory is he stopped updating because the game is actually done. There's no content cause civilization has already been achieved, The end-game is pretty much present day civilization even if the technology isn't exactly the same.

Actually the game might or might not be abandoned by Jason, but since Jason saint like made everything open source this does not matter much.

There is now a free 2HOL community made servers with tons and tons of new updates and players, lot lot more then OHOL currently (just checked 99 players currently online in 2HOL).

Or if you prefare it more hardcore, there is now a fully new written server currently in Alpha test using Vanilla data and new mechanics like a combat system with hitpoints...

To Jason: The last i heard from him some month ago he was still planning to work on OHOL, but with now 2HOL i dont see much reason why he actually should except to work on his quite unique piece of art...

He gave the community all the tools to go on their own as they wish...

Last edited by Arcurus (2022-05-28 19:25:21)

Board footer