One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-05-08 11:13:21

Star

The Triple Towns - Death, Tyranny, Revenge and Emma.

I've been playing for a couple of hours tonight and had an amazing time.

First, It started with the Wises, an eve camp. I was there four times, dying young. On the fourth, I found an expert waystone.
I came back for my fifth, ready to explore the new area, full of life! I impatiently waited to be big enough, before making a basket and starting my 700 meters run north, to an unknown city, which may or may not be abandoned.
It wasn't looking good, I found forgotten bodies, however, luck struck and I found a horse and cart with a body of full clothes. I was estatic! coming from an eve camp with no clothes or pies, this was a gold mine.
I continue my journey in good spirits and eventually run upon The Mises Family, (later I misremember) as Moss). I do a quick sprint around and attempt to engage in conversation, however, the language barrier and lack of interest held me back.
I stop for a moment to steal some pies and a few more things to help my eve camp. Stacking all this into my horse and cart, I say unheard goodbyes and race back home.

Death.
"Curse [redacted] Wise!" people screamed. Someone had released bears. Thankfully, I had grabbed a knife, I carefully get off my horse to allow someone to grab the knife. Out of nowhere, someone runs and grabs the horse.
It had been the griefer.
It was chaos. I attempted to grab a bow to shoot the bear, except my dumbass doesn't know how to shoot and simply gets mauled.
Welp, goodbye Wises.

-

I was next born in a town I remember! The Mises! I was overjoyed, as soon as I was old enough, I could go check on the Wises to see if they had defeated evil.
The younger years were a blur. As I am old enough, I stuff my backpacks full of pies and rush south. It was a long journey on foot but I soon made it.
Dead bodies. Everywhere. Only one survivor, Steve Wise. He was there, riding the horse I had brought! Through our language barrier, I manage to convince him to come north to the Mises.
We set off, and he dies from old age. I took my horse home and head back.

My exploration thirst was not quenched and I wish for more. I find another waystone and set off, now this time west. I stumble across the Voss. Very simple conversation, a little ride around then back home.

At the Mises, there was one girl we joked was a little crazy and in a "silly goofy mood", Clara Mises. She always attempted to try stab someone with the knives on display but never quite managed. A bit of harmless stuff.
Unfortunately for the Mises, it ran in the family.
Her daughter, [redacted] Mises, decided to take over the town. Slowly she did. First, we discover all the sheep slaughtered.  Next, she accuses July Mises. We watch as she stabs her, the blood dripping down her shirt.
Next, she accuses another person of killing the [alive] cows. We watch as she stabs him.
I caught on at this point, but my inability to stab is hindering me. She then stabs the current leader and becomes the leader herself. Unstoppable.

Tyranny.
Slowly, this girl kills off most people in town. As my wrinkles grow, I try to get my revenge. "Curse [redacted] Mises!". I try to stab her, now having used google to figure out how. Unfortunately, I had no possey and only one adult was left other than ourselves. I am then promptly exiled and die of old age.
The end of Mises.

-

I couldn't believe it! I had been now born a Voss. I knew what I had to do. I planned from the start as I eyed up murder weapons. As I wait to grow, I wander around and help out.
Once I am 11, I head to the bakery and just think out-loud of my plan to head back to the Mises village and kill the tyrannic leader.
"I was there, she killed me!"
A slightly older man piped up.
"What was your name?" I ask, an ally perhaps?
"July Mises", excited, I ask if he, Gene, would like to join my plan.
Gene gladly agreed, we grabbed our weapons and set off, at one point we got lost but eventually came back to the Mises village, unsure of what to expect. Carefully, we wander back in. Deserted. Where was everyone?

Revenge.
Soon, we get our answer. The last Mises, the Tyrannical leader, had killed everyone else. They stood there, gray, wrinkly and lonely.
"[redacted]" We stated. "We have come for revenge."
Their chat oozed black, from the previous curses placed on them.
"I killed everyone, I killed all my kids"
We had enough. Our knives hit their target and the girl stood there with blood dripping down. No sign of remorse, just joy.

Eventually, she fell and Gene and I threw her into the woods.
We buried our old bodies, July and Simon. I left a note, "July and Simon, the last of the Moss Family", mistyped for sure.

"Do you want to see if the wises are alive?" I asked Gene, up for another adventure.
He agreed and we set off. On the two horses, we had gained from the Mises Village, we zoomed south.
Unfortunately, I got separated from Gene at one point and checked the family tree. He had died of old age, I could never find the body for a proper burial :(

I could never find the Wise camp, however, I did find the Naabs and informed them of the abandoned town to the north and headed home.

Over the past few hours, I realised. I had had the same horse. Affectionately, I nicknamed her Emma. Placed her in the sheep pen at the Voss Sheep pen, and headed to the graveyard to await my death, happy and fulfilled.

The Fifth Wise: Cannot find link  or name, not showing up on genetics :(
Simon Mises: http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=8203773
Stone Voss: http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=8204160

side note- I'm very confused. I could've sworn I was called Tim Mises but no Tim mises exists, only Simon. Who knows.

Bob <3

Board footer