One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-02-18 13:55:32

Laggy

Steam deck integration

Jason, have you thought about creating a version of OHOL for the steam deck?

I know you can play OHOL with a controller using Hetuw, and even use the mouse if said controller has a track pad.

Can you make a version of OHOL that has an onscreen keyboard and WASD movement?

Steam deck is the future of mobile gaming.

I could envision OHOL's population booming, if it would be one of the 300 games, so far, steam deck verified.

Last edited by Laggy (2022-02-18 19:24:49)

#2 2022-02-18 19:07:01

DestinyCall

Re: Steam deck integration

His feelings on this subject may have changed over the years, but in the past, Jason has made it pretty clear that he would rather focus on developing the game on a single platform, rather than messing around with multiple platforms.

Basically, as a solo dev, he doesn't want to stretch himself too thin by trying to do more than he can handle or adding features that would suck up too much dev time to implement or maintain.  Porting a game on to a new platform can be a major undertaking.   If he had a whole team working on this game, it might happen. 

But he doesn't.

You might try reaching out to the people working on You Are Hope.   They are already in the mobile game field, so Steam Deck is right in their wheelhouse.  Also the idea might be more appealing, since YAH is already built for mobile.

#3 2022-02-19 00:59:55

LonelyNeptune

I didn't bother replying to this one because I thought it was a joke.

#4 2022-02-23 04:14:17

WumboJumbo

Laggy wrote:

Jason, have you thought about creating a version of OHOL for the steam deck?

I know you can play OHOL with a controller using Hetuw, and even use the mouse if said controller has a track pad.

Can you make a version of OHOL that has an onscreen keyboard and WASD movement?

Steam deck is the future of mobile gaming.

I could envision OHOL's population booming, if it would be one of the 300 games, so far, steam deck verified.

You're joking, right? Nowadays, do you expect Jason to give two flying farts about the Steam Deck (or whatever the "next big thing" is for that matter)?

#5 2022-02-23 04:15:17

WumboJumbo

DestinyCall wrote:

You might try reaching out to the people working on You Are Hope.   They are already in the mobile game field, so Steam Deck is right in their wheelhouse.  Also the idea might be more appealing, since YAH is already built for mobile.

Ahem: https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewt … p?id=10362

Board footer