a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-01-18 12:49:21

JonySky
Website

The plan moving forward?

Jason?... are you still there?...
The plan moving forward?.....

Last edited by JonySky (2022-01-18 12:50:09)

#2 2022-01-19 05:28:55

Eve Troll

Re: The plan moving forward?

Im pretty sure hes just as tired with the game as we are

#3 2022-01-19 07:58:52

DestinyCall

Surely he is just working on that new kitchen.   Could take years.   You know how it is with house projects.

#4 2022-01-23 09:39:25

PeebleCreek

I hadn't played the game or visited the forums pretty much at all since the start of the first lockdowns and so far the only positive change I've seen is that there are now more people who are calling Jason out on the bullshit he's been putting forth for years; even before all the wildfire stuff and COVID.

Been playing the game again for the past two weeks or so and remembered why I fell out of love with it pretty fast. All the things people had been complaining about since implementation are still there and everyone still hates them (eg race restrictions to force "trade"), and Jason still just keeps making excuses as to why he can't take them out. Although at least this time he's finally choosing external factors to blame it on instead of being a conceited asshat who just repeats how much experience he has with game design over and over so therefore he doesn't have to consider any suggestions from paying customers lol.

I really really really wish we could have gotten a game even remotely similar to what was promised at launch, or what ANYONE in these forums has suggested over the years that would be an improvement over this. I still like the game.... kind of.... It just feels unfinished. Feels like if you start reading a really good book and realize someone tore out the second half of the pages. Like what I've seen is so promising it just never goes anywhere.

I dunno, y'all. I'm sad and rambling. I was hoping to come back to a better game, but the game can't really grow with Jason at the helm and it's just a real shame. Still love the community though! I missed you guys!

I always name my first daughter Amala, and my first son Damen.

#5 2022-01-24 16:15:09

arkajalka

Imma bump this too. Wassup Jason
cant
give us the can plz!
2 iron
Empty Tank + Steel Pipe
fill size 20cups
dunno the water balance, but always +1 for water gain, just makes things flowrish.

I am Sheep, the lord of kraut, maker of the roads, professional constructor, master smith, bonsai enthusiast, arctic fisher, dog whisperer, naked  nomad and an ORGANIZER. Nerf sharp stone it's op.

"BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" -Jaleiah Gilberts
"All your bases are belong to us"-xXPu55yS14y3rXx-

#6 2022-01-24 18:59:03

DestinyCall

Watering can would be so awesome.

#7 2022-01-24 21:48:39

jinbaili83

There is hope those working on rewriting server code in openlife project will release working version before memory of OHOL completely fades away. They got some interesting ideas for this game, way beyond just stuff like watering cans.

#8 2022-01-25 03:30:32

WumboJumbo

PeebleCreek wrote:

I hadn't played the game or visited the forums pretty much at all since the start of the first lockdowns and so far the only positive change I've seen is that there are now more people who are calling Jason out on the bullshit he's been putting forth for years; even before all the wildfire stuff and COVID.

Been playing the game again for the past two weeks or so and remembered why I fell out of love with it pretty fast. All the things people had been complaining about since implementation are still there and everyone still hates them (eg race restrictions to force "trade"), and Jason still just keeps making excuses as to why he can't take them out. Although at least this time he's finally choosing external factors to blame it on instead of being a conceited asshat who just repeats how much experience he has with game design over and over so therefore he doesn't have to consider any suggestions from paying customers lol.

I really really really wish we could have gotten a game even remotely similar to what was promised at launch, or what ANYONE in these forums has suggested over the years that would be an improvement over this. I still like the game.... kind of.... It just feels unfinished. Feels like if you start reading a really good book and realize someone tore out the second half of the pages. Like what I've seen is so promising it just never goes anywhere.

I dunno, y'all. I'm sad and rambling. I was hoping to come back to a better game, but the game can't really grow with Jason at the helm and it's just a real shame. Still love the community though! I missed you guys!

Yeah, just revisit the trailer and cringe at how different it has become over the years: https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7651

#9 2022-01-25 06:19:03

Eve Troll

Back when dodge defended Jason. Simpler times indeed.

#10 2022-01-25 21:40:42

WumboJumbo

Eve Troll wrote:

Back when dodge defended Jason. Simpler times indeed.

Haha, how times have changed... big_smile

Nobody defends Jason anymore (even his most loyal supporters back then no longer support him whatsoever).

#11 2022-01-25 22:05:48

DestinyCall

Which is pretty sad, when you think about it.   And probably related to why Jason hasn't come back from his extended break.

#12 2022-01-26 08:36:29

Spoonwood

arkajalka wrote:

https://i.imgur.com/6wQPz2v.png
give us the can plz!
2 iron
Empty Tank + Steel Pipe
fill size 20cups
dunno the water balance, but always +1 for water gain, just makes things flowrish.

That recipe is already taken: https://onetech.info/2370-Engine-Fuel-System

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#13 2022-01-26 11:05:46

Eve Troll

What about:

Copper pot + copper rod + (fuel injector + copper foil)

#14 2022-01-29 21:47:23

arkajalka

Spoonwood wrote:
arkajalka wrote:

https://i.imgur.com/6wQPz2v.png
give us the can plz!
2 iron
Empty Tank + Steel Pipe
fill size 20cups

That recipe is already taken: https://onetech.info/2370-Engine-Fuel-System

Well just add a handle on it then etc

I am Sheep, the lord of kraut, maker of the roads, professional constructor, master smith, bonsai enthusiast, arctic fisher, dog whisperer, naked  nomad and an ORGANIZER. Nerf sharp stone it's op.

"BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" -Jaleiah Gilberts
"All your bases are belong to us"-xXPu55yS14y3rXx-

#15 2022-02-01 03:03:51

WumboJumbo

DestinyCall wrote:

Which is pretty sad, when you think about it.   And probably related to why Jason hasn't come back from his extended break.

Jason is afraid.

Board footer