One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#26 2021-08-16 03:59:27

DestinyCall

Re: Never ending water (sprinklers continued)

Wait ... does this mean NOTHING has a water cost? 

Mind blown.

#27 2021-08-16 21:19:35

Spoonwood

DestinyCall wrote:

And you still don't seem to understand why it is problem for a valid argument to be logically unsound.

There is nothing to understand as a problem there.  Validity and soundness are separate things.  Thus, the soundness of an argument can be irrelevant to it's validity.  Therefore, a valid argument can also be unsound, and oftentimes valid arguments are unsound.

DestinyCall wrote:

Care to explain this one?

It's impossible to use a 1/4 bowl of water.  Thus, it's not the case that all pies require 1/4 bowl of water.  They require a bowl of water used.

DestinyCall wrote:

So you are only using 1/4 of the bowl of water that went into the dough on each pie that you make.

Were it the case that 1/4 of the bowl of water got used, then you could use 3/4 of the bowl of water on something else.  But, you can't.  The whole bowl gets used in making the bowl of dough. Thus, you are not using 1/4 of the bowl of water for the pie, since a whole bowl *already* got used in making the dough.

Laggy wrote:

Spoon lives in imagination land, ...

You've never used 1/4 bowl of water in the game, and no one ever has.  You are fooling yourself if you think so.  The engine doesn't compute 1/4 of a bowl of water, and that's all there is to it.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#28 2021-08-16 22:12:36

Laggy

FluxBB bbcode test

#29 2021-08-16 22:55:12

OneOfMany

Spoonwood wrote:

mutton pies don't require any water

Also Spoonwood wrote:

An entire bowl of water needs to get used to make the dough.

I'm not sure who am I rooting for here? Go Man Go! I can't wait to see where this goes.

#FreeTheWildGooseberry #TownlessLife #IDontKnowHowToHashtag

I am a dirty, dirty roleplayer. I roleplay in the game, sometimes on the forum and if I'm being honest, a bit in real life. I can't help myself. I'm a dirty, dirty roleplayer. Don't hate the player, hate the game. smile

#30 2021-08-17 00:25:58

DestinyCall

I have done what I can.   

If someone else wants to try explaining how fractions work and why they are important to this scenario, go right ahead.

#31 2021-08-17 14:15:31

Laggy

I want to know how many berries you get off one bowl of water if fractions don't exist.

According to Spoon the first berry costs 1 bowl and the rest are free? Not 1/6th a bowl?

#32 2021-08-17 19:04:46

DestinyCall

No, the rest are not free.  He already said that.   I guess they all cost a bowl of water.  Just ... like ... the same bowl?  Six different times?

Math without fractions gets real weird, man.

#33 2021-08-17 19:23:24

Laggy

DestinyCall wrote:

No, the rest are not free.  He already said that.   I guess they all cost a bowl of water.  Just ... like ... the same bowl?  Six different times?

Math without fractions gets real weird, man.

FluxBB bbcode test

I think Spoon purposely disagrees with everyone on purpose.

You can't disagree with math.

Numbers don't lie.

Last edited by Laggy (2021-08-17 19:25:12)

#34 2021-08-17 23:49:58

DestinyCall

OneOfMany wrote:

Has anyone considered wild water? Wild water can be gathered for free.

Think bigger, my friend.  BIGGER.  If there can be wild water, then why not ... wild dough?  It can be gathered for free too.

Go find a dead town and grab some free dough right off the ground.  Try not to think about how long it has been sitting out.  It is still perfectly good.  Don't question it.  You can make a pie completely for free*.   No water needs to ever pass across the palm of your hand.  Never even look at a spring or well.  Live a wild and waterless life.

We have the power to unshackled ourselves from the water wheel entirely.  We can become unhinged from the fabric of reality.  We are truly free at last. 

Free to pie with out asking why.

#35 2021-08-18 00:48:11

OneOfMany

DestinyCall wrote:

Think bigger, my friend.  BIGGER.

Too small, think BIGGER.

There's no need of long dead towns. No need for wells. Just travel towards the wilds. Endless free wild foods. Baskets, clothing and tools given by the Great RNG to those clever enough to see them. Raise your family on the road with fresh organic all natural yums. True freedom from the drudgery of town life. No field work, no animal husbandry, no kitchen duty, no smithing, just free food and the freedom to talk as you wander down the way.

I am a dirty, dirty roleplayer. I roleplay in the game, sometimes on the forum and if I'm being honest, a bit in real life. I can't help myself. I'm a dirty, dirty roleplayer. Don't hate the player, hate the game. smile

#36 2021-08-18 01:13:05

DestinyCall

Generation after generation, you wander.  Free from civilivation's yoke.   As free and innocent as Adam and Eve in the garden.   

No drive to rob the earth of oil to feed engines that will only grow more hungry in time, a never-ending war against attrition.   No slaving away in endless fields of milkweed and corn and berries.   No need to kill innocent sheep to fill your belly with hot pies.  The land is generous and vast.   You can move across it without leaving deep scars.   The only sign of your passage a sharp stone here ... a missing berry over there ... a long branch laying on the ground. 

You are just a leaf on the wind, at one with nature.  Teaching each new generation to continue the wandering life, unburdened by the evils of civilization and all its pointless striving toward something greater.  The simple life is good.  It is pure.  It is wild and free of struggle. 

Until food decay slowly corrupts all the natural foods you depend on for survival and your nomadic family is slowly swallowed up by bottomless hunger. 

What was once a leisurely walk across a food-rich landscape, becomes a mad dash from berry to berry, the harsh cold stripping away your pips faster than they can be replenished.  The bones of your children left behind as a grim warning to whomever might come along, lest they dare to walk so freely and share your tragic fate.

#37 2021-08-18 02:09:17

OneOfMany

Who's Adam?

#38 2021-08-18 03:08:13

DestinyCall

Some dude with a missing rib.

#39 2021-08-18 23:52:53

OneOfMany

Poor guy. Was it cancer?

#40 2021-08-19 00:41:29

DestinyCall

Nah.  Skiing accident.

Board footer