One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-07-19 15:39:29

NoTruePunk

Lift race restrictions for all but oil, latex and glasswort

And no more homesickness.

This is hopefully a good compromise to accomplish whatever it was jason was trying to accomplish with race restrictions while making the game playable. Maybe it'll result in more consolidated villages, but stuff like horse taming and sand transport is pretty damn annoying without nearby infrastructure.

It's silly that I drop my cart when walking in the cold and can't pick up hot rocks.

#2 2021-07-19 18:17:20

DestinyCall

Re: Lift race restrictions for all but oil, latex and glasswort

Glasswort?    Latex and oil are mission-critical for maintaining water supply. Glass is not.

If we are doing glasswort for desert, shouldn't we do less critical trade goods for the other races too?

Last edited by DestinyCall (2021-07-19 18:51:00)

#3 2021-07-19 18:33:01

fug

Just bin it. If Jason can’t get things to work right it shouldn’t be in the game. Eves still don’t spawn properly after the last fix.

Game shouldn’t have mechanics that break constantly when he’s unable to work on the game.

Worlds oldest SID baby.

#4 2021-07-19 18:51:42

DestinyCall

And the game  shouldn't have mechanics that don't work properly if he IS working on the game.

#5 2021-07-19 20:41:04

Palacio

I like this idea. There is a good reason to restrict certain goods to certain families, but there is no good reason to have many types of good restricted. By only restricting one good per race, you get the best of both worlds: you get trade, which makes the game more interesting, yet you can do a lot of things without trade.

It would be best to restrict only items that are important very late in the civilization tech tree, so that the lack of trade does not block development, yet are unique and useful, so that it is interesting to trade for it. Glasswort is a good example. For jungle and arctic families new items could be created for this.

#6 2021-07-19 23:35:29

DestinyCall

For jungle family, mangos would be a good choice - the leaves are necessary for yellow paint which is needed for making paved roads.   The fruit is a tasty snack.

For tundra, I'd go with snow.  It is used for construction of snow walls/floors and fun things like snowmen and rose bushes.

#7 2021-07-20 07:17:34

JonySky
Website

I recommend you look for another game ... ohol has not been updated for a long time and this project is already abandoned

Although the developer doesn't want to say it, the game is only slowly shutting down ...

It is useless to look for solutions to a game that has not been updated since the end of September 2020 (https://onetech.info/versions/360)

We have enjoyed the game (especially the players before the implementation of stupid and contradicting mechanics) but it is time to move on to other games

#8 2021-07-20 23:54:12

Gremlynn

Honestly im pretty inclined to agree with jony. As much as i hope jason comes back in a fury and starts shaking things up, its been so damn long. I think its grown from being busy and distracted into a lack of interest.

I hope im wrong but it doesnt feel like it. My only hope is someone down the line was inspired by this game and makes a grander version. One like we all hoped for in the beginning.

#9 2021-09-10 02:57:15

Booklat1

no race restrictions, no homelands, no bands, point and click to kill someone

i miss old ohol

Board footer