One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#51 2021-06-14 19:18:52

Spoonwood

Re: Just got banned in OHOL Discord by mean moderators

Villaenelle2 wrote:

Good. Show me your true colors. Lie to me. Call me names. Bring your Discord self here.

Dodge wrote:

I dont know the full context but taken at face value it sounds like he's mocking transphobia and the LGBTQ community, maybe even some joke that trans people should kill themselves, bathe with a toaster?

I don't find any implication from Tarr that anyone should kill their selves.  I'm not condoning it or justifying what he said.  Do you think the bathe with toaster part is an injunction to kill yourself?  But saying that someone bathes with a toaster is more likely saying that they have tried to kill their self, not a command, recommendation, or moral judgement that they kill their self or should do so.  Note the 'as long part' also.  So, Villaenelle didn't disprove what Gotre said.  Viallenlle apparently has tried to capitalize on Dodge's confusion about what Tarr had said.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#52 2021-06-14 20:28:36

Gremlynn

Well this turned into a hot mess.

I do think its a good opportunity to reflect on how we hold ourself as a community though. There is a lot of hate that gets thrown around over just a game. How someone plays hardly defines who they are, but many people get treated poorly for relatively silly behavior. We have lost a lot of our compassion and become hardened to one another. Its ok for people to be different, its ok for them to make mistakes. No good change has come from raw spite.

On a second note i dont see why villanelle's first account was banned. I dont recall them doing anything ban worthy, at least on here. If mods simply banned them to silence them thats a major abuse of power. Especially since jason has made it clear he wants as little mod involvement as possible.

If they were misbehaving on discord and got banned, ok. But that shouldnt translate to the forums, especially if they decided to hold themselves differently here.

Last edited by Gremlynn (2021-06-14 20:31:55)

#53 2021-06-14 21:20:31

DestinyCall

Gremlynn wrote:

If they were misbehaving on discord and got banned, ok. But that shouldnt translate to the forums, especially if they decided to hold themselves differently here.

Actually, posting this thread to complain about being banned and roast the mods is in violation of the Discord rules, based on what Spoonwood just posted.   And the moderation rules for the Discord mods also apply to the forum moderators ... so by inference, the OP earned another ban by complaining about their first ban.

They should have kept what happened in Vegas in Vegas.  Or simply taken their refund and left, I suppose.

#54 2021-06-15 02:39:05

BlueCramberry64

I am ok with most trolling and some griefing, and my convarsation with Villanelle was not terrible, but the ban is definitely good ridance for the discord. Way too conflictive even by OHOL standars. Playing with Villanelle inside the game wasn't a good experience either. You've got issues my friend. Bye bye.

Last edited by BlueCramberry64 (2021-06-15 02:50:10)

#55 2021-06-15 19:02:12

Spy Mouse

Wow I cant wait to see this thread being necroed a few months later. According to their behavior in here you can probably tell how they acted on Discord. A person acting like a victim and trying to convince people to think they are a poor victim is in the majority of the cases actually the offender.

I am pretty patient and I think I always at least try to talk to people who I dont agree with to figure out a logical reason for their opinion or behavior, but when the other person DOES NOT listen, or even continues with said behavior I usually just give up, because its a lost cause to try and explain something to someone if they dont hear what you have to say.

jasonrohrer wrote:

In all the moderation cases that I'm aware of, the person in question was being disruptive.
"retraded," and that stuff, is just jack-ass mod-baiting
I mean, what kind of specific rule could we even have to cover the retraded thing?
"Don't bait the mods?"
that's vague, right?
"When the mods tell you not to use an offensive term, do not try to use all sorts of creative misspellings of that term."
I mean, you really want rules like that?
"I'm going on a trip to visit NIGER tomorrow"
I mean, rules can't cover every way of being an annoying, disruptive jackass
people will always get creative!

This above can all be found in Villanelle's crime list. search word "niger" on discord, they did exactly what jason says here in the rules.
Apparently they are "a jason's fan" speaking about his book, view on game, yet did not read his very own rules? I am quite lost in your logic, its a mess.

Well, I expect to see Villanelle3 responding soon. If you have at least 1/10 of conscience inside, you try to work this out like a regular person. No more "third world" "Im a victim" "everyone but me is mean" crap. Thank you and hope to hear from you soon.

Last edited by Spy Mouse (2021-06-15 19:02:44)

One day planes will be viable.
I can feel it in my /die baby bones.

#56 2021-06-15 19:06:18

DestinyCall

It looks like both of their accounts are currently banned, so unless they have or make a third account to respond, it might take them a while to get back to you.

#57 2021-06-16 00:23:23

Gremlynn

Make that three destiny. When will villanelle 4 be released? Summer of 2022? Hit movie of the year? Emmy award winner? Certified fresh on rotten tomatoes?

#58 2021-06-16 00:40:18

DestinyCall

Does that mean she will need three refunds from Jason?   

I thought you needed a game code to sign-up for a forum account.   Or am I remembering wrong?  It has been a while since I made my account, but I remember it was a pain in the ass.  Something about magic words.

#59 2021-06-16 00:54:37

Gremlynn

Nah you just need an email. The code to sign up is the same for everyone and can be used as many times as you like. But I would never do something like that, this is definitely my first account on here I promise.

Last edited by Gremlynn (2021-06-16 00:55:05)

#60 2021-06-16 01:00:57

DestinyCall

Ah gotcha.   That makes sense.   Must be super annoying from a moderation standpoint.   Banning Villanelle23 might still be funny, but I imagine it would start to lose its charm when you hit Villanelle5328.

Then again, I assume most people are not that persistent.

#61 2021-06-16 01:04:01

Gremlynn

Might as well change your name at that point, make it harder for the mods, and everyone else, to tell who you are.

Though i think its easy  to tell who people are by the way they speak and their overall viewpoint of the game. Especially the regulars.

#62 2021-06-16 01:15:27

DestinyCall

Yeah, although that can sometimes backfire, as demonstrated by this very thread.  It sounds like Villanelle's Discord woes were at least partially due to a case of mistaken identity.

#63 2021-06-24 22:09:18

Spy Mouse

I know you read the forums, I saw your accounts created today. If you want, respond here for a regular conversation about what you want, what I want, what is your point of view and what is mine. No playing victim, bully etc. just try to have a normal, civilised talk.

One day planes will be viable.
I can feel it in my /die baby bones.

#64 2021-06-24 22:15:54

Gremlynn

Who are you talking to?

#65 2021-06-24 23:15:05

DestinyCall

Probably not a good idea to encourage them to keep making alt accounts.   Just saying.

#66 2021-06-25 17:20:22

karltown_veteran

What’s with all these new accounts with like 3 posts randomly being invested in the drama??

Alice? Spy Mouse? Are you guys dodge and fug or what?

.-.. .. ..-. . / .. ... / ... - .-. .- -. --. . .-.-.- / ... --- / .- -- / .. .-.-.-
ˆ ø˜ç´ ƒ®åµ´∂ å˜ ˆ˜˜øç∑˜† å˜∂ ©ø† å∑å¥ ∑ˆ†˙ ˆ†
he xnt bzm qdzc sghr, xnt zqd z enqlhczakd noonmdms
veteran of an OHOL town called Karltown. Not really a veteran and my names not Karl

#67 2021-06-25 17:21:42

karltown_veteran

Like why does gotre and his one post feel so strongly? Laggy, 10 posts. Honestly are you guys just creating a ton of alts?

.-.. .. ..-. . / .. ... / ... - .-. .- -. --. . .-.-.- / ... --- / .- -- / .. .-.-.-
ˆ ø˜ç´ ƒ®åµ´∂ å˜ ˆ˜˜øç∑˜† å˜∂ ©ø† å∑å¥ ∑ˆ†˙ ˆ†
he xnt bzm qdzc sghr, xnt zqd z enqlhczakd noonmdms
veteran of an OHOL town called Karltown. Not really a veteran and my names not Karl

#68 2021-06-25 18:49:06

Dodge

karltown_veteran wrote:

What’s with all these new accounts with like 3 posts randomly being invested in the drama??

Alice? Spy Mouse? Are you guys dodge and fug or what?

It's discord drama

Where would all these new accounts come from?

I let you do the math

#69 2021-06-25 20:09:33

DestinyCall

Spy Mouse is not an alt.  Their forum account was made back in March.   I think they are just more active in Discord, not so much here on the forums.

I doubt that fug or Dodge would bother with making an army of alts.  Neither of them have any problem speaking their mind under their own names.   

As for all the brand new accounts that are posting once or twice on these topics before getting banned, I would assume those are all coming from the same person.

The new forum accounts speaking against that person are most likely folks from Discord who had to make a new account to respond to their accusations and speak out regarding their chat conduct, leading up to the ban.   There are a decent number of people who only use forums or only use Discord.   This topic pulled those groups together.

Last edited by DestinyCall (2021-06-25 20:21:08)

#70 2021-06-26 21:33:38

Laggy

karltown_veteran wrote:

Like why does gotre and his one post feel so strongly? Laggy, 10 posts. Honestly are you guys just creating a ton of alts?

Why would you accuse everyone of being an alt? Paranoia? Just because you believe something is true doesn't make it fact.

This doesn't explain why OHOL discord is full of people that are toxic, about 90% of them.

#71 2021-06-26 22:25:46

Gremlynn

Yea accusing people of being alts is just silly. Further perpetuated the atmosphere that we're an unwelcoming community when we attack new members as if they're someone else. Just give people a chance. The discord is full of alts, so i can see where that attitude comes from. That said alts are pretty rare here. Villanelle is the only member i know of who has actively ever made alts on here. We should try to be welcoming to new people and give them a chance to express themselves before we make any judgements. Its good to see fresh faces. Who cares if they havent posted much. I was even accused of being an alt when i first posted on here lol. Which of course.. im not *puts pinky to lips*.

And like I've said before. There are tons of guests online every day. There are a huge portion of people who read rather than talk. If they choose to make an account and comment on something they're passionate about we should welcome it, rather than jump to conclusions.

Last edited by Gremlynn (2021-06-26 22:26:29)

#72 2021-06-27 09:18:08

Gotre

No I just made my account on here that day ? I made an account just to post

Board footer