One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-06-17 01:59:26

Gremlynn

Super questions for enlightened folk

1) If you could sum this game up in one word, what would it be?

2) If you could sum up this game in one sentence, what would it be?

3) If you were going to give this game a slogan, what would it be?

4) If you could add one thing to the game, what would it be?

5) if you could remove one thing from the game what would it be?

6) If you could choose the mascot for this game, what would it be?

7) If we were to vote a prom queen & king of ohol, who would they be?

8) How many hours have you played, what keeps you playing or what made you quit?

9) What was your favorite moment or memory while playing? [EDIT]

10) What was your worst memory while playing this game? [EDIT]

Feel free to answer any of these at random, just be sure to number them so we know what you're referencing.

Last edited by Gremlynn (2021-06-18 20:36:41)

#2 2021-06-17 02:39:37

Aureolin

Re: Super questions for enlightened folk

1. Community

2. Order, stop berry munching or I'll kill everyone in this town with my own bare hands.

3. Where community meets blood-thirsty murderers.

4. There are so many things but if I had to pick one probably bone meal because sheep bones take up so much space when you have repeated sheep griefers

5. Not necessarily remove but rework the curse mechanic so you can't get born near people you cursed unless it's the only option in which the game would have a popup letting you close the game or get born to that family

6. Garlicman an old dude in a suit made entirely of garlic with the power to shoot explosive garlic at people

7. It's really really tough to pick but probably Forman and Nicole they're 2 of my fave people and always made huge contributions when they're online

8. Hetuw can't log hours sad but I started playing in about November last year and gained an addiction to it almost immediately so probably a ton I keep playing because I like building weird things and starting cults and there's really no other game I can find like ohol

9. I've had so many fun lives (being in 2 of Gomi's videos, finding the brothel, starting a cult, running churches, building a plane, etc) but my favourites were my first 2 lives! First life I was Picola Banar my mom Estelle taught me to make pickles and was generally just super nice to me I still miss her and hope one day I can find out who she is. After that I was Joe Earnest at the ripe age of 3 I grabbed all the food I could carry and ran desperately trying to find the town so I could bury myself next to my mom and became the sheep keeper!

10. I don't think I've had any like awful experiences (I used to regularly get death threats, rape threats, doxxing threats, etc on Rust and other games so like nothing anywhere near that level of bad) honestly probably worst is just people calling me a couple slurs when they were griefing

Last edited by Aureolin (2021-06-19 03:34:44)

joe earnest the sheep keeper

#3 2021-06-17 17:52:22

MrsDuckGirl

1. Broken.
2. A game that sounds awesome on the paper but you feel scammed in the end.
3. Destroy  in a few seconds what you wasted hours on building.
4. Players.
5. Race restrictions.
6. A bowl of berries with a carrot.
7. Slinky, because I met her when I was a noob and let me expand her town without saying anything, even when I made weird buildings. She's also a great player with logic and anticipation. And Tarr because he's the bug-digger.
8. Too many. I quit, play again from time to time (on low-pop) because of limitations (not only race restriction), repetitive tasks, grieffers and the anger it brings in game, forum and discord, Also now I have a life.

#4 2021-06-17 20:19:05

DiscardedSlinky
DubiousSlinker

Gremlynn wrote:

Frustrating.

Gremlynn wrote:

You will always be chasing the high of that one good life you had.

Gremlynn wrote:

One Hour One Working Simulator.

Gremlynn wrote:

Stricter punishments for people that continually ruin the game.

Gremlynn wrote:

Race restrictions.

Gremlynn wrote:

A beautifully decorated grave stone with a pile of shit laying next to it.

Gremlynn wrote:

This is a tough one. I know so many great people in this game. I think Tarr definitely deserves prom king. My queen will always be Yikes so I have to go with her for Prom Queen.

Gremlynn wrote:

8) How many hours have you played, what keeps you playing or what made you quit?

I have 1,454 hours in the game. The community is what keeps me playing, there's so many good people I've met through this game and it draws me back in to play with them.
The community is also what keeps me from playing more often. While there's amazing people that play this game there is also horrible degenerates that play non-stop.

Gremlynn wrote:

9) What was your favorite moment or memory while playing? [EDIT]

Hmmm. I think it's probably the night me and a bunch of my friends did the elitist town in the Mcavoy's. It was like 7 of us and first we made the town look amazing. We painted the nursery to have the 4 colored corners and then we decided to make outfits for ourselves and run around acting like rich elite people. It was really fun. Here's the photo page from that. http://photos.onehouronelife.com/server … id=3813405

Gremlynn wrote:

10) What was your worst memory while playing this game? [EDIT]

I think the angriest I've ever been in this game was a little after swords were released but before the rift. I was born to a town and when I turned 3 raiders showed up. Was 3 people that came to kill our family. I was too young to do anything so I just ran into the woods with my aunt. We lived out there until I was about 20 and started having kids of my own. I went back to check the town and it had a few people left but no babies. I brought my aunt and our kids back to the town and about 5 mins later people from the same family come to raid it AGAIN. They got me this time and a bunch of my kids. I don't remember if the family died. I was so angry. This stuff happened all the time back then and all my frustration was built up and I just was so angry. I ended up going to be born to that family and I hid some of their tools behind trees to grief them. It was the only time in the game I intentionally griefed. Feral Eves were also incredibly frustrating. The whole sword/rift times were such dogshit. I'm glad they're over.

MrsDuckGirl wrote:

7. Slinky, because I met her when I was a noob and let me expand her town without saying anything, even when I made weird buildings.

Also aw you're too sweet duck. Let's be honest though, that was your town. You made it looks SO good. I was basically just moral support lol. I miss you!

Last edited by DiscardedSlinky (2021-06-19 06:47:52)

I'm Slinky and I hate it here.
I also /blush.

#5 2021-06-18 18:40:24

Chivalryisfish

Relaxing (most of the time)

Walking simulator, sometimes garlic.

Wild garlic, it's what you crave!

Aquariums

Race restrictions and the stupid 'band' takes all the fun out of trying to find that coveted tarry spot, or that needed horse, etc

The sheep dung

Post and Milk, without their monetary support from multiple accounts, Jason would be on the streets.

Over 3000, I used to play drinking my coffee and waking up before the rigors of my various nursing duties, but now with how the game is, I have zero motivation to waste my morning 'me' time with something that is garbage.

Honorable mention, best moment in the game for me will always be during the rift and I got hog cut while exploring, and slinky comes by on a horse and performs a hail mary miracle

Last edited by Chivalryisfish (2021-06-18 18:42:04)

#6 2021-06-18 19:14:05

DiscardedSlinky
DubiousSlinker

Chivalryisfish wrote:

Honorable mention, best moment in the game for me will always be during the rift and I got hog cut while exploring, and slinky comes by on a horse and performs a hail mary miracle

Yessss! This will always be one of my favorite moments too. I remember it so clearly still. I was just wandering around looking for something and I found an abandoned town but it didn't have what I was looking for so I left and then I ran into a random girl nearby with a hog cut just standing there and I was like "Wait I know I saw pads in that town" and I told you to follow me and I went to get them. Then you actually did follow and I was able to heal you right up. This was during the rift too so peaceful interactions like that were rare. I was honestly worried you were going to stab me lmao. Probably one of the few good times from those days.

Last edited by DiscardedSlinky (2021-06-18 20:27:31)

I'm Slinky and I hate it here.
I also /blush.

#7 2021-06-19 02:01:54

Gremlynn

I added a 9th and 10th question for those interested.

Thanks for the inspiration Chivalry!

#8 2021-06-20 08:04:12

D3mon1cblack

1 when i started playing torture. now distrust
2 when i started baby abandonment simulator. now reincarnation the game
3 work hard achieve alot and fail miserebly
4 portable fire! CMON GIMME A ZIPPO!!!!
5 race restrictions
6 a shroom cus this game is a trip on steroids
7 this is hard i cant really point at 2 ppl i would say the youtuber greystillplays cus he showed me the game and i bought it emediatly after i wached his vid
wolvenscar for the idk how many hours i watched him stream (ofc i wont forget2laughor2cry and lostscolar)
Justice and honor (youtuber) for being such a great player and teaching me trough watching your vids
tarr for whatever he does i had some great times playing with you bud
morti for being such a nice and welcoming player
spoonwood for being spoon tongue
and all of you lovely people i didnt mention know i have to end this immense list i have in my head atm tongue
8 according to steam 3000+ hours and acording to the review count 2300+
9 my mom dying cus of a bear when i got born then being raised on berries by my bro who just grew legs we vowed to kill the bear and bury our mom so we set off to find town. we did  find town we got a bow killed the darn bear and buried our mum under a nice maple tree in town.
10 some ahole running into town with warswords stabbing everyone in sight

im eve groot or eve degroot and if i dont care and spawn next to an item ill call myself eve (itemname)
420 mushroom cultist and proud of it!

#9 2021-06-21 17:10:25

Lizzee

Philotimo

I can't sum it up in one sentence, instead I will define Philotimo to the best of my ability. Philotimo translates to love of honor, or friend of honor. It's meaning can not be summed up easily, sorta like this game. Philotimo instead is an idea for a way of life. It means choosing to do what is brave or kind when there is no reward to be earned from it. It is treating every individual you come across as though they were of your own flesh, as if they were your own child or grandmother. Philotimo is putting the needs of many above your own personal desires or importance. Philotimo is work, love, pride, honor, and altruism. So everytime in game when we create things with pride for the next generation to inherit this is philotimo. That baby you adopted who was abandoned at the fire, that was an act of philotimo. When someone picks up a bow and attempts to save the village from a bear knowing they will surely die and hurt their own gene score.. this is philotimo.
Without philotimo this game would fall apart.

Yum is good, Meh is bad.

New players/more players.

Property fences so we could stop hoarding our best work away from each other.

Twisted as he already is the mascot for the game.

I'm not a good dancer and prom was a long time ago for me... I'm going to change the question to;
"whom do I vote as the Daddy and Mommy of the game?"
I would nominate Spoon as the Daddy, couldn't think of a person more fitting of that title. As for the community mother I would nominate Morti. This is not meant as an insult to Morti, I suppose I could have nominated two daddies. I couldn't think of anyone in this community who has been mother to more people than he. I've also seen Morti tell people he loves them more times than they ever heard from their own mother.

1,300 hours or so... what kept me playing was all of you guys who played it along with me.

9) What was your favorite moment or memory while playing?

Too many to list. Maybe soon I will post some good stories to the forum here.

10) What was your worst memory while playing this game?

I want to say when I was griefed or when I witnessed others griefing but this would be untrue. My worst memories are when I have caused others, in game, pain through my own actions.

Board footer