One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#26 2021-06-14 04:58:06

Dodge

Re: Just got banned in OHOL Discord by mean moderators

Villanelle wrote:

As you can see he might have 'joked' that griefer is an important role but in the end it seems it is an important role in the end.

It's only an "important" role because the game is bad and doesn't provide these situations organically, your own son randomly wanting to murder you doesn't make sense in game, yes it does create a situation that is arguably more interesting than the mindless and repetitive crafting but if the game was good those similar type of situations would be provided by the environment itself.

No more food to eat in your village what do you do?

Do you hoard all the remaining food for yourself, do you go to the next village and try to find an arrangement, do you discuss as a group on what solution would be the better one, do you all start murdering each other? etc

Current game is based on crafting speed and burning trough all the ressources then repeat, there's no long term involvement, story or consequences, so these situations will never happen.

If the game was good you wouldn't even feel the need to spice it up, the spice would already be there.

#27 2021-06-14 05:39:56

Gremlynn

Im with dodge on this one. I do think there is a line. Though i think its far thinner than people like to admit. I agree that the game in its current state disables a lot of organic behavior that brought a good amount of spice to the game.

Catching the thief that keeps sneaking into town and taking your iron is far more interesting than catching the nephew who hid the bellows. Or getting raided by another village and having to run away and start fresh somewhere new. Perhaps even going to war with another family because they keep killing anyone who enters their village. Killing a cult leader who has been preforming regular human sacrifices.

These are all interesting things that used to be pretty common in the game. But because each family is codependent upon another they're essentially all the same. Stealing from another family, attacking another family, its essentially shooting yourself in the foot because it damages or disables your ability to function tech wise. Any form of that chaos, that used to be fun and interesting, is only dysfunctional and damages the servers ability to function as a whole. Its turned into people who wanted to survive vs people who desperately wanted the spice mentioned above. Sure some were purely destructive, sometimes in the most boring ways, often as boring and repetitive as the base game itself.

Its true jason has made efforts to deter griefing. Kill mechanics, curse system, leadership, etc. But it has felt those introductions have been more to appease the community rather than aligning with his ideology. But who know that's just a guess. But i know for a fact there are some in this community who would prefer people get permanently banned if they don't play exactly how they want them to. Luckily jason cant legally do that, but you can see attitude of some. Its become a war for them, to extinguish all ability for people to play chaotically. To remove their ability to play the game by any means necessary. Methods that frankly i find disturbing and are a main reason i stopped playing.

Anyway, there is a dominant sect of vets that are very zealous about destroying any element of chaos or instability. I do think their hearts are in the right place. In their eyes they're fight for peace. But peace can be boring. Its resulted in a relatively sterile environment. Where the griefing is so limited its basically the same shit every time because its all they can get away with. And on the other hand boring repetitive lives with little to no substance beyond doing tasks endlessly like drones. Sure some elements of the tech tree can be fun and fulfilling, especially at first. But many of them are too convoluted to teach and often the town is too unstable to take the time to do so, especially niche stuff. Anyway, the game used to be much more alive and diverse two years ago+. I miss those days, every life felt different and left an impression. The ones with hardship especially. There is something incredibly cathartic about overcoming hardship. Though the hardships in the game in its current state feel very artificial and flat. Bears being brought into town for the 1000th time, some idiot stealing babies, someone scrapping engines or stealing a truck and supplies. Its all the same thing, over and over again. Just like every element of the game currently. Its sad. I hope jason wakes up to this.

#28 2021-06-14 08:01:03

Dodge

I quickly checked discord and one of the mods Tarr aka fug on the forums, a discord mod, is posting this:

FugTarr.jpg

I dont know the full context but taken at face value it sounds like he's mocking transphobia and the LGBTQ community, maybe even some joke that trans people should kill themselves, bathe with a toaster? not sure.

Seems really weird...

Interested in knowing what concerned person has to say about it.

Definitly doesn't seem like behaviour that a mod should have or anyone posting on discord, if it's actually what i think it is, that should definitly be a ban.

#29 2021-06-14 08:15:37

DestinyCall

Does the Discord have actual rules of conduct?   Or is it like this forum, where the rules are a vague "don't do anything you wouldn't do in Jason's house"?

#30 2021-06-14 09:19:19

Twisted

Please don't fall for this nonsense. Villanelle joined the Discord a few days and they've been constantly harassing and attacking other people, baiting for arguments, trolling, yelling at people, sending zips with potential malware under the pretense that using that file is how you play on other servers. In any other Discord they would have been banned within hours, but since the OHOL discord is more lenient it took a few days. Just becaus they're acting "nice" here doesn't mean that that is how they behaved in the Discord. Before defending them jump into the Discord and scroll through their messages (although a bunch were deleted by mods for good reason).

#31 2021-06-14 11:01:50

Villanelle2
Banned

Dodge wrote:

I quickly checked discord and one of the mods Tarr aka fug on the forums, a discord mod, is posting this:

https://i.ibb.co/vD8CgKC/FugTarr.jpg

I dont know the full context but taken at face value it sounds like he's mocking transphobia and the LGBTQ community, maybe even some joke that trans people should kill themselves, bathe with a toaster? not sure.

Seems really weird...

Interested in knowing what concerned person has to say about it.

Definitly doesn't seem like behaviour that a mod should have or anyone posting on discord, if it's actually what i think it is, that should definitly be a ban.

Yes they're talking about me. The same mod banned me on here so I made another account.

They assumed I'm someone's alt and since that person they assume I am is male they assume I am too and since they're always right even though I told them to stop misgendering me they continued doing that as part of other insults and the icing on the cake is now it seems this message they posted which is clear allusion to suicide.

DestinyCall wrote:

Does the Discord have actual rules of conduct?   Or is it like this forum, where the rules are a vague "don't do anything you wouldn't do in Jason's house"?

It's the same as here "don't do anything you wouldn't do in Jason's house" and mods make up rules on the spot and are breaking their own rules (like the rule on slurs) when they see fit or they can as we see above even hint at suicide and laugh at being transphobic, LGBT people and it's all justifiable, I'm the enemy of the OHOL Discord clique.

Here you can witness much more accounts on which moderators were misbehaving but it's not all of them of course, you can see more if you really want to, by scrolling message history on OHOL Discord.

Last edited by Villanelle2 (2021-06-14 11:08:11)

Tell the truth or at least don't lie.

#32 2021-06-14 11:15:50

Villanelle2
Banned

Twisted wrote:

Please don't fall for this nonsense. Villanelle joined the Discord a few days

Yes I did join Discord a few days ago.  I'm a new player.

Twisted wrote:

and they've been constantly harassing and attacking other people

That's false. But I've been constantly harassed and attacked since my first minutes on the Discord server.

Twisted wrote:

baiting for arguments, trolling, yelling at people,

Yeah having different opinion from the minecraft playstyle clique.

Twisted wrote:

sending zips with potential malware

Twisted was the first person to scream "behold, it's the zip file! Zip file could be potentially malicious! Why we don't ban it, him, them, they"! That's a huge ban bait and a usual phobia (for that server it seems, quite novel for me) of calling me the correct pronoun (she/her, you're welcome), to spite me.  As far as we know you could be potentially malicious any moment and actually your message here is pretty malicious in nature, using fear-mongering language to get me banned over zip file with 3 text files with .ini extension is quite malicious.

Twisted wrote:

In any other Discord they would have been banned within hours

Ah yes you mastered fear-mongering and ban baiting the dissent. I have no doubt in your abilities.

Twisted wrote:

Before defending them jump into the Discord and scroll through their messages (although a bunch were deleted by mods for good reason)

Do scroll through all the messages since last week actually, see the full picture. And I can see people have dug up a little bit already and scrolled a little bit already. But it's a gold mine, there is still more to find. Do read the chat history if you wish. But it's not a pretty picture.

Last edited by Villanelle2 (2021-06-14 11:24:53)

#33 2021-06-14 11:28:16

Dodge

Yeah i wouldn't take Twisted's words too seriously he's notoriously known to be very intolerant of other playstyles than his own.

Without having the full logs it's hard to tell honestly, like for example what led to you being called "clown" and most importantly the actual messages that led to the ban since i dont see anything ban worthy in those screenshots.

But if Tarr is being transphobic and telling someone to commit suicide based on their gender identity that's definitly a ban.

#34 2021-06-14 11:43:19

Twisted

Dodge wrote:

Yeah i wouldn't take Twisted's words too seriously he's notoriously known to be very intolerant of other playstyles than his own.

So you're OK with Vilanelle constantly spamming the N word but you're not OK with me being intolerant of stuff like that?

#35 2021-06-14 11:47:40

Villanelle2
Banned

Twisted wrote:

So you're OK with Vilanelle constantly spamming the N word but you're not OK with me being intolerant of stuff like that?

That never happened.

Not constantly.

Not spam.

Jason's Discord has the "4chan" style channel where mods go to trash people (that's where the mod also insinuated I had sexual intercourse with Jason by s///g his d///k) which has "no rules" and there I posted the word several times. It's within the rules of the server.

Curious how you care about the word but do not care bullying the actual person living in a somewhat third world country where  just living isn't fun but living as an LGBT is even more not fun and you joined the bullying and misgendering. But the n-word in the trash channel where everything is allowed, oh no. I never posted the said word where it's not allowed. You were trying to get me banned and practiced hate speech in the main channel - #general where rules are supposed to work full on.

Last edited by Villanelle2 (2021-06-14 11:54:39)

#36 2021-06-14 11:50:56

Dodge

Twisted wrote:
Dodge wrote:

Who said that? You're just assuming like always.

Show me proof.

And even if that's the case it doesn't justify a moderator harrassing that person and telling them to kill themselves, are you defending a moderator being openly transphobic and discriminating?

Are you not ok with the N-word but ok with spamming the F-word instead?

Also if you're talking in game then it's not a bannable offense, me being ok with it or not is irrelevant.

#37 2021-06-14 11:59:09

Villanelle2
Banned

Dodge wrote:

Who said that? You're just assuming like always.

That's how he knows what's in my zip file. Potentially something bad. If you agree with me on one thing that means you potentially agree with everything else. That's a form of the twisted thinking called "mind reading".

I wonder if Twisted goes over the list of Ten Forms of Twisted Thinking and does his homework. Will he become Untwisted?

Also if you're talking in game then it's not a bannable offense, me being ok with it or not is irrelevant.

Do you not support the cancel culture? How dare you! If you do one thing in one place you responsible in every place!

Last edited by Villanelle2 (2021-06-14 12:04:35)

#38 2021-06-14 12:08:26

Dodge

Villanelle2 wrote:

If you agree with me on one thing that means you potentially agree with everything else.

Simple minded people usually do that, they put people in groups or categories because it's easier for them to keep track of things, "you agree with this person on that single point let me put you in that group with that other person that agreed on that single point".

They cant really handle diverging opinions or having multiple different points of view on various subjects.

#39 2021-06-14 12:19:48

Gotre

Okay Villanelle, what about you show the side of you were you were calling everyone transphobic , racists, ableist, ageist, homophobic? Just because we didn't know what gender what your screen name was or your pronouns because you never said em. When we apologized for misgendering and using the wrong pronouns you got even worse.

Then you started calling everyone a Nazi. Being super racist towards Americans. Assuming everyone's gender, religion, political standing.

Where you were trying to force your play style upon everyone.

Or how about when you told me I was a piece of shit and being a trans demisexual man was fake? How about that?

Or how you started attacking literal children ?

I've said it multiple times, grow the fuck up and go find a community that fits you better. 

No one told you to kill your self

You fucking attention seeking troll.

#40 2021-06-14 12:27:36

Villanelle2
Banned

Okay Villanelle, what about you show the side of you were you were calling everyone transphobic , racists, ableist, ageist, homophobic?

I'm already doing that. People were generally using hate speech towards me occasionally and moderators were instigating that behavior. That includes misgendering, transphobia towards me, assuming my age, calling me childish, saying it feels like I'm 12, which is ageism, and more and more and more, including slurs that assume my low intellect which is ableist. Yes the tribe acted bigoted and yet high horsed.

When we apologized for misgendering

Never have I seen anyone apologize but one person, as you can see not only they continue misgendering me, they even hint at suicide now.

Then you started calling everyone a Nazi. Being super racist towards Americans. Assuming everyone's gender, religion, political standing.

In trash channel where everything allowed? Yeah. You people were saying Stalin is okay and I played with you trying to lead you to think differently. Served you well. Stalin is bad. Americans is not a race.

Or how about when you told me I was a piece of shit and being a trans demisexual man was fake? How about that?

Probably was for saying Stalin that did genocide was ok. And it was in trash channel where it's permitted. Trans demisexual man that didn't care for me being misgendered and now doesn't give a damn over people hinting at me commiting suicide. I'd say I had my reasons then and I have my reasons now. Trans folk have a shared sense of what can trigger trans folk. I don't see that in you. Actually even nice people know it's not okay to misgender people.

Or how you started attacking literal children ?

How did that happen? In your backyard? With a knife? Tell me more please that's something new.

I've said it multiple times, grow the fuck up and go find a community that fits you better.

Grow up seems to mean to you "assume herd mentality". I'd say if Jason Rorher cares about his Discord he would consider demoting every moderator that permitted the bullying.

No one told you to kill your self

You fucking attention seeking troll

Good. Show me your true colors. Lie to me. Call me names. Bring your Discord self here.

Last edited by Villanelle2 (2021-06-14 12:57:57)

#41 2021-06-14 12:34:13

Villanelle2
Banned

Ah, I remember another reasoning for misgendering me these good people gave "probably because you give white male vibes".

Good, well-meaning people. Misgendering is okay when it's your enemies or they give you the white male vibe. Or because they're certain I'm someone's alt! Ahh! The tolerance. I can feel it! Amazing.  Good meaning people of the western left.

Yeah, I'm sarcastic that much because I had encountered that type of tolerant people that very care about their leftist ideas and tolerance until... it happens so they don't like you. Every bit of tolerance they're supposed to believe in flies out of the window.

Don't misgender people, do not promote the bullying dynamic, do not be silent when your mods insinuate I had sexual intercourse with the game dev. Maybe try that first? And only then complain about when you brought me maybe on some occasion on your level. Maybe you can catch occasions I did sink as low as your tribe. So far only in the trash channel where it's allowed. But what are you saying?  If you don't like what I said, what your people said is no less bad and you didn't complain about that.

You were silently accepting insults that were coming my way. Where was you? Ah, I had a different opinion than you. It's okay to call me a clown, a smooth brain, allow others to misgender me, allow others to harass me. I'm the enemy of the tribe after all.

Honestly, yes if not for EMDR therapy for my CPTSD I wouldn't be able to stand up for myself here on the forums, I would be having CTPSD flashbacks to my childhood over what I had experienced on OHOL Discord - tribalistic scapegoating/bullying dynamic. But oppsie, here I am, standing up for myself to the tribe.

Last edited by Villanelle2 (2021-06-14 13:06:33)

#42 2021-06-14 13:47:53

Laggy

90% of ohol discord is unaccepting, they can't take any criticism, or difference in opinion, and band together in their ignorance, it's prolly better to go voice your opinions anywhere but discord, unless you want to be trolled.

#43 2021-06-14 16:53:43

DestinyCall

Laggy wrote:

90% of ohol discord is unaccepting, they can't take any criticism, or difference in opinion, and band together in their ignorance, it's prolly better to go voice your opinions anywhere but discord, unless you want to be trolled.

I don't think that word means what you think it means, Laggy.

"In internet slang, a troll is a person who posts inflammatory, insincere, digressive, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog), with the intent of provoking readers into displaying emotional responses, or manipulating their perception. This is typically for the troll's amusement, or to achieve a specific result such as disrupting a rival's online activities or manipulating a political process. Even so, Internet trolling can also be defined as purposefully causing confusion or harm to other users online, for no reason at all."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

Trolling is not what the group in Discord did to the OP.    It is what the OP did when they intentionally stirred shit up in the Discord until they got banned from that group.   

And this thread is just an extension of that trolling.   Kind of a humble brag, really.

#44 2021-06-14 17:06:52

Chivalryisfish

Discord isn't a clique, twisted and I do NOT get along. And you blocked both of us.  So there goes that theory.  Also when you started using the phrase NPD, I've used that same term in discord chat many times, I have yet to see anyone else use it, until you. 
It led me to believe  that you knew me and my style of banter on discord to attempt to trigger a discordant dialog. So I blocked you, that should've been the end of it. 

I wish you the best, and good luck with your CPTSD.  It is a good idea to get a refund and try other communities that may be more accommodating.

These days, giving people the benefit of the doubt has been a pillar for me to change my behavior and not expect others to accept my caustic personality because I'm autistic.  Changing behavior is tough, it requires insightfulness and being able to empathize how another person would react.  I struggle myself daily with communication, but I do feel like it's improving.  I say this because I know you can find a communication style that will work for both you and the communities you want to be a part of. 

Sometimes critiques of behavior can be moments of reflection rather than defensiveness.  No one says you have to stick around and escalate a situation, you can walk away sometimes.  And be the better for it.

#45 2021-06-14 18:01:31

Laggy

DestinyCall wrote:

Trolling is not what the group in Discord did to the OP.    It is what the OP did when they intentionally stirred shit up in the Discord until they got banned from that group.   

And this thread is just an extension of that trolling.   Kind of a humble brag, really.

ok, post an unpopular opinion in discord. see how that goes. guess it's not trolling if they are really dumb and unable to accept anything but their own views.

Last edited by Laggy (2021-06-14 18:03:32)

#46 2021-06-14 18:11:09

DestinyCall

Yes.   It's not trolling, because that's not what "trolling" means.

#47 2021-06-14 18:25:19

Laggy

Don't feel bad Villanelle, they banned you from discord. That place sucks. Figure it is like getting banned from jury duty, or a get outta jail free card, not really a punishment.

#48 2021-06-14 18:45:27

Spoonwood

DestinyCall wrote:

The OHOL Discord has the same rules as the OHOL forums.  For the forum rules, you need to go to the discord.  It's under rules-for-mods, which if you want to say that is bad organization, I would completely agree.  But, I digress.

jasonrohrer wrote:

Same rules apply to the forums, in case there was any confusion about that.

You'll need to read the entire rules-for-mods section or at least scan it to understand what the rules are.  If you don't want to go to discord, you won't understand the rules, or at least I'm not going to copy them here for you Destiny.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#49 2021-06-14 18:59:32

Spoonwood

Villanelle2 wrote:

Jason's Discord has the "4chan" style channel where mods go to trash people (that's where the mod also insinuated I had sexual intercourse with Jason by s///g his d///k) which has "no rules" and there I posted the word several times. It's within the rules of the server.

Alright, context here indicates that Villanelle2 said the 'N' word several times.  Mr. Rohrer says:

jasonrohrer wrote:

Be nice.  Be welcoming.  Don't be mean.  Don't attack each other.   Don't shout.  Don't use offensive or inflamatory language that is out of step with the cultural climate here.  Don't be disruptive.  Don't clutter the space with stuff that's not about the game.  Don't troll.  Don't derail discussions with irrelevant points.  Don't repeat yourself.

I don't see how the 'N' word is nice.  Seems like the contrary of such.  It isn't welcoming.  When directed at a particular person it is mean.  To say that it's inflammatory or offensive language seems like an understatement.  A huge percentage of the population finds it disruptive.  Saying it several times, depending on how it was said, might be repeating oneself.

So, yea, it's pretty clearly against more than one rule by probably several standards. 

Also...

jasonrohrer wrote:

In all the moderation cases that I'm aware of, the person in question was being disruptive.
"retraded," and that stuff, is just jack-ass mod-baiting
I mean, what kind of specific rule could we even have to cover the retraded thing?
"Don't bait the mods?"
that's vague, right?
"When the mods tell you not to use an offensive term, do not try to use all sorts of creative misspellings of that term."
I mean, you really want rules like that?
"I'm going on a trip to visit NIGER tomorrow"
I mean, rules can't cover every way of being an annoying, disruptive jackass
people will always get creative!

and...

jasonrohrer wrote:

But the bottom line is that we're not going to convene a tribunal over every little thing around here.  We don't have time to waste on that.  If you're the jackass who is going around talking about things being retraded, getting your argument heard by the tribunal would make your day.

Of course, Tarr and any other mods could be in the wrong about something.  But, I think it abundantly clear now, even without seeing everything, that Villanelle violated the rules.

Danish Clinch.

#50 2021-06-14 19:04:38

Spoonwood

Also:

jasonrohrer wrote:

Finally, questioning moderator decisions, or stirring up anti-moderator sentiment, is forbidden in the main chat areas.  Do not return from your timeout with guns blazing for the mods.  That is not being the best, nicest version of yourself that you can be.  You just got kicked out of my house for being impolite.  Don't come storming back in making accusations or demands.

Danish Clinch.

Board footer