One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-05-22 19:33:25

BlueCramberry64

Is Jason tired of OHOL?

I cannot speak for him of course but it has been a while now that I fear Jason has becomed tired of OHOL. As if his vision was not completed so he lost motivation to continue the game, and the only reason he claims he'll finish the work is the promise of 10,000 objects he made when the game first launched. Maybe he wants to make some other kind of game and just feel trapped by OHOL, idk.

What do you think guys? Is OHOL going to be finished or is it destined to be forgotten? Also, how long does it takes to move homes from one state to the other?

Last edited by BlueCramberry64 (2021-05-22 19:33:55)

#2 2021-05-22 20:13:47

Uncreative Guy

Re: Is Jason tired of OHOL?

Relax.  It takes a good 4 days of constant driving to get from California to New Hampshire.  It literally takes more than a week to get from the old house to the new one.  Not to mention any days spent packing at the old house, and unpacking at the new one.  If he made 2 or 3 trips, this might be a whole month affair.

I’m not creative enough to make a creative signature which explains my noncreative nickname of Uncreative Guy.

#3 2021-05-22 20:20:58

Caiaphus Tarwater

The task of moving naturally expands to fill all available time and then exceeds that time.  It's a law of physics.  If you have one weekend to move, you will not quite be finished on Monday.  If you have one month to move, you will not quite be finished on the 32nd day.

#4 2021-05-23 20:58:38

Spoonwood

Uncreative Guy wrote:

Relax.  It takes a good 4 days of constant driving to get from California to New Hampshire.  It literally takes more than a week to get from the old house to the new one.  Not to mention any days spent packing at the old house, and unpacking at the new one.  If he made 2 or 3 trips, this might be a whole month affair.

6 months is much longer than 4 days.  6 months is also much longer than 1 month.  And it's been longer than 6 months by my count.  I'm not answering 'yes' to the question above, but your numbers here don't account for the length of time gone, so I do think the question fair.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#5 2021-05-25 03:10:32

jasonrohrer
Administrator

I still haven't moved yet!

I'm finally back in CA now, packing, as of yesterday.

Remodeling takes a long time....  way longer than it should.

And we didn't do THAT much remodeling, by the way... just new wood floors and new tiles/appliances in the kitchen..... but that stuff took 4.5 months.

We're still not totally done (no counters or sink in the kitchen yet), but we're moving in.

I pick up the moving truck on May 29.

#6 2021-05-25 04:34:22

Dodge

jasonrohrer wrote:

And we didn't do THAT much remodeling, by the way... just new wood floors and new tiles/appliances in the kitchen..... but that stuff took 4.5 months.

5 months for a new floor... did you cut the trees and make the planks too? lol

#7 2021-05-26 16:43:26

jasonrohrer
Administrator

How much remodeling have you done, Dodge?

Also, it was a new floor in the entire house.  There were other moving parts, like a kitchen ventilation system, that had to be interleaved in the right order (like, before the kitchen tiles).  And this required coordination of various contractors, a few of whom ended up finishing their jobs several months behind schedule, and thus slowing down everyone else.

The wood floor itself took about 4 weeks to install.

The tile floor itself took about 2 weeks to install.

But the wood floor guy was booked for about two months out, and didn't start until the end of February.

#8 2021-05-26 17:09:48

Dodge

So it wasn't  "just new wood floors" then tongue

Anyway glad things are moving with the house.

Board footer