One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-05-19 21:04:03

forman

Die On Mushrooms Born Perma High?

I've noticed this a couple times so I figure I'd post it:

If you die high on shrooms you appear to be born permanently high.

Slash die as a baby also doesn't fix this.

I think you have to die of old age for it to go away?

Will update but I'm sure I'm not the only one who has had this happen.

#2 2021-05-19 21:13:55

forman

Re: Die On Mushrooms Born Perma High?

eating a mushroom fixes this

#3 2021-05-19 21:33:22

fug

It stays with you until you either eat another shroom or restart the client. It's a feature not a bug.

Worlds oldest SID baby.

#4 2021-05-20 15:49:40

DestinyCall

Pretty sure it is just a bug.

#5 2021-05-20 15:56:58

Dodge

DestinyCall wrote:

Not a bug, https://github.com/jasonrohrer/OneLife/issues/163

#6 2021-05-20 16:12:37

DestinyCall

Uh huh.   Sure.

Intentionally not fixing a bug doesn't make it a feature. I've played enough Bethesda games to recognize that distinction.

#7 2021-05-20 16:51:56

Dodge

DestinyCall wrote:

Uh huh.   Sure.

Intentionally not fixing a bug doesn't make it a feature. I've played enough Bethesda games to recognize that distinction.

Nice troll... but it's easily fixable if it was a bug it would already have been gone when he updated the list, so yeah... i guess playing bethesda games makes you used to get taken advantage from and milked for your money.

#8 2021-05-20 18:56:37

Roblor

It's a feature.

If you do drugs you go to hell.

duh

IT PUTS ÞE BERRY IN ÞE BASKET OR ELSE IT GETS ÞE HOSE AGAIN !

#9 2021-05-21 04:54:44

DestinyCall

Jason not fixing something is hardly proof that it isn't broken, Dodge.   You of all people should know that by now.

Jason didn't intentionally program mushrooms to persist between lives indefinitely unless you eat another shroom or close down the client.   It was a coding error.  A mistake.   But it is a mistake that amuses Jason, so he doesn't fix it. 

That's still a bug in my book.

#10 2021-05-21 05:19:00

Dodge

DestinyCall wrote:

But it is a mistake that amuses Jason, so he doesn't fix it. 

That's still a bug in my book.

No fun allowed

#11 2021-05-21 10:24:10

Gremlynn

It's not a bug it's a glitch.

#12 2021-05-21 12:45:36

DestinyCall

It's not a mistake.  It's an error.

#13 2021-05-21 16:55:45

Spoonwood

Dodge wrote:
DestinyCall wrote:

The game is open source and public domain.  The opinion of one person is just the opinion of one person.  It has gotten reported as a bug many times at different times periods over and over.  The evidence seems overwhelming and clear for, again, this *public* game.  It's a bug.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#14 2021-05-21 17:17:12

Dodge

Spoonwood wrote:
Dodge wrote:
DestinyCall wrote:

The game is open source and public domain.  The opinion of one person is just the opinion of one person.  It has gotten reported as a bug many times at different times periods over and over.  The evidence seems overwhelming and clear for, again, this *public* game.  It's a bug.

Nice bait... try again

#15 2021-05-21 21:50:25

Coconut Fruit

It's just a thing.

But yeah, no matter how broken something is, as long as the developer says it's intended it's not a bug.

Making own private server (Very easy! You can play on it even if you haven't bought the game)
Zoom mod
Mini guide for beginners
website with all recipies

#16 2021-05-21 22:10:32

DestinyCall

Or the developer is being dishonest.

But in this case, to my knowledge, Jason has never said that the shroom glitch was programmed into the game intentionally.   He has simply expressed no interest in fixing it.

Ignoring a reported problem isn't the same thing as claiming you did it that way on purpose.

#17 2021-05-22 00:13:55

Spoonwood

Dodge wrote:
Spoonwood wrote:

Nice bait... try again

It wasn't bait, so there's nothing to try again.  Read it again.  What is and is not a bug for a public domain game fits with getting determined by the public, since the game is public property.  Whether it gets changed by someone or not, of course, is another matter though.

You want to say otherwise, you would need something to back it up with something which doesn't rely on some sort of blind belief.  Likely you have nothing to back up any other position and rely on blind belief.

Danish Clinch.

#18 2021-05-22 00:15:37

Spoonwood

Coconut Fruit wrote:

It's just a thing.

But yeah, no matter how broken something is, as long as the developer says it's intended it's not a bug.

You've claimed that there's a mobile version of the game before.  At least at one point in  time, that game also went by the same name with an extra tag on it with regard to it's platform.  Thus, to speak as if there exists "one unique developer" isn't consistent.

Danish Clinch.

#19 2021-05-22 00:17:35

Spoonwood

DestinyCall wrote:

Or the developer is being dishonest.

But in this case, to my knowledge, Jason has never said that the shroom glitch was programmed into the game intentionally.   He has simply expressed no interest in fixing it.

Ignoring a reported problem isn't the same thing as claiming you did it that way on purpose.

It doesn't matter whether he did so or not intentionally.

The game is public domain.  Thus, if there's any sort of consistency with those terms, what is and is not a bug comes as a matter up for the public to decide.

In this case it seems extremely clear that the majority of the public think this a bug.  Therefore, it's a bug.

Danish Clinch.

#20 2021-05-22 00:21:48

Coconut Fruit

I think it could be unintended before it became intended.

I mean, fixing it is probably a one-liner

shroomEffect = false; //When born or at death

Can't be that lazy, to not fix one-liner bug, I guess tongue

Making own private server (Very easy! You can play on it even if you haven't bought the game)
Zoom mod
Mini guide for beginners

#21 2021-05-22 00:22:49

Coconut Fruit

Spoonwood wrote:

Thus, to speak as if there exists "one unique developer" isn't consistent.

My english isn't that great, sorry. I meant any developer that is making any software and not Jason specifically

Zoom mod
Mini guide for beginners

#22 2021-05-22 00:29:19

Coconut Fruit

Spoonwood wrote:

The game is public domain.  Thus, if there's any sort of consistency with those terms, what is and is not a bug comes as a matter up for the public to decide.

Alright then, since we can decide what is bug and what isn't in this game, I'm deciding that race restrictions is a bug.

Zoom mod
Mini guide for beginners

#23 2021-05-22 00:58:29

DestinyCall

Coconut Fruit wrote:
Spoonwood wrote:

Alright then, since we can decide what is bug and what isn't in this game, I'm deciding that race restrictions is a bug.

Definitely a huge mistake.   Close enough for me.

Time to report it on github.

#24 2021-05-22 03:58:28

Dodge

Spoonwood wrote:
Dodge wrote:
Spoonwood wrote:

Nice bait... try again

It wasn't bait

Oh yeah i forgot you're not baiting you're just dumb, my bad.

Since it's a "public game" like you say, if we all decide that dying of starvation is a bug then it becomes one... Yeah that's how dumb your logic is.

The game code is made publicly available that means you can make you're own private server and change wathever you want on it, doesn't mean that the official game sold on steam and the website is public property though...

Cant wait for what absolutly genious reply you will pull out of you're marvelous mind.

Pretty sure you're gonna hit me with the "He SeLlS tHe AcCeSs To SeRvEr NoT tHe GaMe", but Spoon just use common sense i'm talking about the official version on official servers and the way it's played which is decided in the end by only one person, the dev himself, you can suggest him wathever you want he doesn't have to do anything about it since he decides how the official version is played.

Sure the mushroom effect continuing over lives was most likely initially not intended, he found it funny and chose to keep it, so now in the version played on official servers it is NOT a bug, doesn't matter how many players think differently, or even have an opinion on that matter anyway...

#25 2021-05-22 14:04:18

Spoonwood

Coconut Fruit wrote:
Spoonwood wrote:

No, you can't unilaterally decide a matter for something that is public domain.  Something public domain, in order to be consistent, requires the public deciding on something, not just one person.

Last edited by Spoonwood (2021-05-22 14:37:25)

Danish Clinch.

Board footer