One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-04-18 22:07:28

QuirkySmirkyIan

I am a clown, but I am sorry.

Had another mental breakdown today. Woke up at 4am felt like shit. Started playing OHOL and built a wolf pen for wolf hats. Got hype focused on "scientific data" regarding the wolf pens. Someone got mad that I was being inefficient which I was and I admit that and was killed. I got mad and they sort of encouraged me to grief. I didn't want to grief but I did. I made another mistake. I make lots of mistakes and I would just like to play again on my main account, work and be efficient. I would like to at least not be murdered.  Vulgar language doesn't help as it makes me even more angry. Please swear at me in your brain not in game or on discord. You can curse me if you wish but I will be stopping for what I have done. I would also like to state I am not a reliable person. 90% of my playthroughs have been with good intentions. But the other 10% was me griefing due to frustration with the game or community. I love this game I love this community but sometimes it pisses me off and I am certain I piss some of you off too.

Open gate now. Need truck to be more efficient!

#2 2021-04-18 23:31:28

DestinyCall

Re: I am a clown, but I am sorry.

We all make mistakes.   The important thing is to learn from the past and try to do better in the future.   Treat others as you hope to be treated.   Be considerate of them and give people the benefit of the doubt when they do you wrong.   You never know what they are going through either.

I hope to see you in game again, Quirky.  Stay safe.

Last edited by DestinyCall (2021-04-18 23:32:18)

#3 2021-04-19 04:35:57

Gremlynn

Quirky i don't know how many times this has been. Every time you ask for forgiveness and everytime you explain your misconduct in excessive detail. I'm not sure if you want the attention for your actions and don't really care about their impact or actually seek redemption. In either case, i suggest finding healthier ways to self sooth and cope with unrest than a game like this. There are far more cathartic games that are built exclusively for that purpose. I suggest finding an outlet well suited for when you're struggling so you can vent in an environment that has openly accepted that behavior and come back to ohol when you feel more in tune with its social rhythm. No need making yourself an outcast and feeling guilty over and over again just to deal with stress. Find your outlet to vent with and come back to build your reputation off of the hard work we all know you're capable of.

Don't ask for forgiveness from others but ask better of yourself.

<3

Last edited by Gremlynn (2021-04-19 04:43:05)

#4 2021-04-19 05:06:58

Gremlynn

And to be honest. This game is not one to invite an emotionally stable environment in any regard. If you're looking to make an impact, make friends, build a stable society, or even teach it will be a struggle. When playing this game i suggest finding something you enjoy doing, doing it to the best of your abilities, and having fun. Dont take it too seriously and do what you can. Sometimes being selfish is necessary for accomplishing unobtainable goals. This can be harmful if not executed fully but you can make a huge difference for the server in a short amount of time by sacrificing your immediate responsibilities for the greater gain.

Obviously people might have problems with this but its far more cathartic than damaging the total environment due to spite.

Show them what you're capable of. Do it with pride. And slap them in their faces with your accomplishments. Its far more satisfying than hurting the server as a whole. Show your worth and never let it be denied. Even if you take it by illegitimate means.

Last edited by Gremlynn (2021-04-19 05:10:11)

#5 2021-04-19 18:32:35

Morti

I appreciate this post, Ian.
I love you.

Board footer