One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-03-05 23:59:37

TheRubyCart

I've deleted this thread and all posts don't matter and don't count

[DELETED]

Last edited by TheRubyCart (2021-03-06 04:10:22)

You are amazing, you are loved, and have a good day to whoever might read this <3

#2 2021-03-06 00:47:32

Morti

Re: I've deleted this thread and all posts don't matter and don't count

Just as an example, look at the way that he responded to my post. in his AMOGUS? thread: https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewt … p?id=10474

"yall writing essays arguing over someone shitposting is honestly hilarious"

That was not spam.
If you don't want people to spam but you do want people here, I suggest not banning them and instead correct your own mentality as to how people should be engaged. Set a good example, talk to people the way you want them to talk to you, and when they talk their way, don't be a fucking dick about it, eh?

Whatever human being Shawn has been trained to be, we can always make contributions to that training, and that goes for you as well, monkey. You, me, Jason, even Donald Trump, can learn to be a better life form, while we're still alive, BUT ONLY, if better people have the opportunity to engage with them.

This is a lot like the cursing and exiling shit in the game, which is still a poorly overused mechanic, rather than employing other methods for, how can I say this, corrections. It's training, period. Education is a part of training, parenting is a part of training, everything, you learn, everything they learn, by observation and engagement, is training. Training to be the person you died living as, at the end of the road. Every action taken, everything spoken, every thought that manifests itself in the experience of shared media, becomes who and what we are, and who we will be remembered as.
Every human being, is an opportunity to make this window of time, as a whole, a greater moment for all the future to look back upon, and say "Hot damn, those Egyptians sure pulled off some shit back then, didn't they!?" "Who knew Chinese history was so fascinating? Look at all these momentous occasions in history they have documented." shit like that.
People like us... you!
You are a historic figure in the making.
So are each of us.
Including Shawn.
He deserves the chance to communicate his way, even if it is spamming the Sinhalese 'nya' symbol, or messing around with non-English language words and characters. Maybe the original Shawn's account was hijacked via some Discord scam, or maybe he's just having a bad day? Maybe, he really just wanted someone to engage with him and he was willing to upset people to receive that engagement - think, the sound of a baby crying or a drunk raising his voice at a bar.

Making banning people a thing, more of a thing, by contributing to it rather than taking the opportunity to do your best for them and leaving it at that, it kinda flies in the face of a community centered around a game about parenting to me. But maybe that's why some of you are here, because like me, you know fuck all about parenting, or the importance of good examples, because you just never gave it much thought. But I bet you want to know?

Consider the good people in your past that made you a better person.
Forget the rest.

(or if you want a real spicy challenge, go back to them and make them better, now that you know your role)

Practice, makes perfect practice.

#3 2021-03-06 01:11:11

DestinyCall

I think it is really rude to make a thread to draw attention to someone being banned.  This is not something to celebrate.

How would you feel if someone made a post like this when you got banned a few days ago, TheRubyCart?

#4 2021-03-06 04:07:59

TheRubyCart

DestinyCall wrote:

I think it is really rude to make a thread to draw attention to someone being banned.  This is not something to celebrate.

How would you feel if someone made a post like this when you got banned a few days ago, TheRubyCart?

I don't know why you all are being ruded, I just said he gotted banned

You are amazing, you are loved, and have a good day to whoever might read this <3

#5 2021-03-06 06:31:23

DestinyCall

I don't think either me or Morti want you to feel bad.   

We would just like you to consider other people's feelings before you post, especially when you post about other users.   We are all people who are trying to enjoy this game and forum together.   

It is okay to disagree or not like someone.   Just try to be respectful toward others and it is all good.  <3

#6 2021-03-06 06:56:26

DiscardedSlinky
DubiousSlinker

Isn't calling someone else out on the forums bannable? Remember when spoon called out that one person and was banned for a few weeks?

I'm Slinky and I hate it here.
I also /blush.

#7 2021-03-06 07:03:09

TheRubyCart

DiscardedSlinky wrote:

Isn't calling someone else out on the forums bannable? Remember when spoon called out that one person and was banned for a few weeks?

I was just saying though, don't think this really counts

Morti and the other guy wrote:

I don't think either me or Morti want you to feel bad.   

We would just like you to consider other people's feelings before you post, especially when you post about other users.   We are all people who are trying to enjoy this game and forum together.   

It is okay to disagree or not like someone.   Just try to be respectful toward others and it is all good.  <3

aite thank you, makes me feel slightly better

Board footer