One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-01-23 22:38:00

jasonrohrer
Administrator

Another status update

We're in the process of moving from California to New Hampshire.

We bought a house in New Hampshire, and now we're spending a few months fixing it up before we move in.

Most of this involves planning stuff out, meeting with contractors, etc.  This past week, I pretty much spent all day, each day, doing that.

We're pretty close to having things planned out, and the contractors lined up.  Once that's all in motion, I'll have some down time, and I'll get back to fixing bugs.

Eventually, I'll spend several weeks actually moving, and after that, I'll be all set up with my drawing equipment again to work on more content for One Hour One Life.

#2 2021-01-23 22:44:52

Berry High Priest

Re: Another status update

Question from the discord:
"How was your months long lunchbreak?"
and
"Were you stuck in a propperty fence irl?"

sorry for the corny jokes, glad you are back jason sempai.
*kiss*

Kind regards,
Your friendly gooseberry gentleman neighbor.

#3 2021-01-24 09:41:41

DiscardedSlinky
DubiousSlinker

I hope 2021 will be a better year for you and OHOL.

Good luck with the move

I'm Slinky and I hate it here.
I also /blush.

#4 2021-01-24 22:10:17

Twisted

Don't forget to put a floor below the oven or you'll miss out on the indoor temperature bonus.

Good luck with the move!

#5 2021-01-24 23:22:55

TheRubyCart

Twisted wrote:

Don't forget to put a floor below the oven or you'll miss out on the indoor temperature bonus.

Good luck with the move!

pp

You are amazing, you are loved, and have a good day to whoever might read this <3

#6 2021-01-26 03:03:40

QuirkySmirkyIan

TheRubyCart wrote:
Twisted wrote:

Good luck with the move!

pp

Remember that the maximum room size to get indoor bonus in all tiles is 6x6 floorspace.

Open gate now. Need truck to be more efficient!

#7 2021-01-29 18:55:32

Spoonwood

jasonrohrer wrote:

This past week, I pretty much spent all day, each day, doing that.

The original post happened on January 23rd, 2021.

On January 22nd, 2021, Mr. Rohrer posted 8 tweets.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#8 2021-01-29 19:14:45

DestinyCall

Spoonwood wrote:
jasonrohrer wrote:

You mean he spent some time on social media when he claimed to be working non-stop on his move?

That monster! 

Remember when someone mentioned that absurd complaints undermine your credibility? 

This is one of those situations.

#9 2021-01-30 01:48:49

Spoonwood

DestinyCall wrote:
Spoonwood wrote:
jasonrohrer wrote:

You mean he spent some time on social media when he claimed to be working non-stop on his move?

That monster! 

Remember when someone mentioned that absurd complaints undermine your credibility? 

This is one of those situations.

I stated facts.  You drew the conclusion that you thought appropriate.  I don't see a thing absurd in what I said, and if you think there's anything absurd there, then you really should check reality, since 8 tweets did get posted by Mr. Rohrer one day after he posted the above.

Danish Clinch.

#10 2021-01-30 02:06:38

DestinyCall

The tweets happened before the post, didn't they?   If they happened after the post, that is even weirder.

Are you just posting completely unrelated stuff now?

I bet I can do that too.   Let's see ...

jasonrohrer wrote:

On January 22nd, 2021, Mr. Rohrer was seen eating dinner with his family.

Draw your own conclusions, sheeple.

#11 2021-01-30 11:13:59

Twisted

Spoonwood wrote:
jasonrohrer wrote:

I bet he also pooped. There is no way he went an entire week without pooping, which means HE IS LYING TO US WAKE UP SHEEPLE.

Thank you, Mr. Spoonwood, for uncovering Mr. Rohrer's vile ruse, we are forever in your debt. I can't believe that monster would actually dare poop and then lie to us about it...

#12 2021-01-30 13:06:03

DiscardedSlinky
DubiousSlinker

god i fucking hate this place

I also /blush.

#13 2021-01-31 21:01:39

omlinson

my reaction after coming to the forum to get a status update

DiscardedSlinky wrote:

god i fucking hate this place

#14 2021-02-01 16:26:29

Spoonwood

Twisted wrote:

I bet he also pooped. There is no way he went an entire week without pooping, which means HE IS LYING TO US WAKE UP SHEEPLE.

Alright, that's the conclusion you want to draw.

Twisted wrote:

Thank you, Mr. Spoonwood, for uncovering Mr. Rohrer's vile ruse, we are forever in your debt. I can't believe that monster would actually dare poop and then lie to us about it...

"Vile ruse" is a term you've used Twisted not me.  "Lie" is also a term you've used, not me.

Again, 8 tweets got posted a day by Mr. Rohrer before Mr. Rohrer said that he was spending "... all day, each day, doing ..." housework.

Danish Clinch.

#15 2021-02-01 17:07:06

DestinyCall

Spoonwood wrote:

Again, 8 tweets got posted a day by Mr. Rohrer before Mr. Rohrer said that he was spending "... all day, each day, doing ..." housework.

I fail to see a meaningful connection between these events.   

You'll have to explain your reasoning a little better, because I don't see the point of drawing attention to these tweets in relation to Jason's busy week.  They are simply not relevant.

#16 2021-02-01 20:52:00

DiscardedSlinky
DubiousSlinker

Spoon's that kid that takes things way too literally. Ask him not to eat all the chips and he'll leave 1 and make a 5 page essay explaining that he didn't eat them all.

I also /blush.

#17 2021-02-01 20:52:39

karltown_veteran

TheRubyCart wrote:

pp

pp

.-.. .. ..-. . / .. ... / ... - .-. .- -. --. . .-.-.- / ... --- / .- -- / .. .-.-.-
ˆ ø˜ç´ ƒ®åµ´∂ å˜ ˆ˜˜øç∑˜† å˜∂ ©ø† å∑å¥ ∑ˆ†˙ ˆ†
he xnt bzm qdzc sghr, xnt zqd z enqlhczakd noonmdms
veteran of an OHOL town called Karltown. Not really a veteran and my names not Karl

#18 2021-02-02 16:31:44

antking:]#

karltown_veteran wrote:
TheRubyCart wrote:

pp

pp

pp

"hear how the wind begins to whisper, but now it screams at me" said ashe
"I remember it from a Life I never Lived" said Peaches
"Now Chad don't invest in Asian markets" said Chad's Mom
Herry the man who cheated death

#19 2021-02-04 03:27:01

Starknight_One

Spoonwood wrote:
Twisted wrote:

Twisted wrote:

"Vile ruse" is a term you've used Twisted not me.  "Lie" is also a term you've used, not me.

The ellipsis is deceptive, Spoonwood. He said he spent "pretty much all day, every day, doing...". The qualifier is important, and leaving it off your quote is disingenuous.

Since he only spent 'pretty much all day', 8 tweets isn't excessive or out of the norm. You're trying to split hairs where there are none to split.

#20 2021-02-06 18:21:25

Spoonwood

Starknight_One wrote:
Spoonwood wrote:
Twisted wrote:

Twisted wrote:

The ellipsis is deceptive, Spoonwood. He said he spent "pretty much all day, every day, doing...". The qualifier is important, and leaving it off your quote is disingenuous.

Since he only spent 'pretty much all day', 8 tweets isn't excessive or out of the norm. You're trying to split hairs where there are none to split.

I appreciate you trying to keep my honest.  I do disagree that there are no hairs to split though, as a phrase like "pretty much all day, every day" is rather vague, and when things are vague, there exist hairs to split as what things mean precisely isn't so clear. 

Keep in mind that I reacted to some posts above which have a tone of questioning my first comment in the above.  It doesn't have an ellipsis problem, and I would think that the ellipsis doesn't pose a problem for people finding the full quote.  I would also argue that 8  tweets is out of the norm for Mr. Rohrer, and out of the norm for many people who tweet.

Danish Clinch.

#21 2021-02-07 00:10:04

DestinyCall

For a guy with such exhausting attention to detail, you are amazingly good at missing the point.   

The point is that the qualifier in Jason's statement explicitly allows for other activities beyond working on his new house project.   Like having a meal with his family, pooping, or posting eight tweets.    He could have even had multiple meals with his family, pooped several times each day, and posted more than eight tweets.

Why are you trying to make this look like a thing when it is not a thing?    It is weird.

#22 2021-02-07 08:59:51

Spoonwood

DestinyCall wrote:

The point is that the qualifier in Jason's statement explicitly allows for other activities beyond working on his new house project.

My original comment didn't imply anything about the allowability of other activities.

DestinyCall wrote:

Why are you trying to make this look like a thing when it is not a thing?    It is weird.

It is a thing that he posted 8 tweets the day before he posted the original post above.  You are simply wrong to say that there exists anything weird about such facts, because those are facts which come as simple to observe as true.

Danish Clinch.

#23 2021-02-07 09:18:52

JackTreehorn

75 years ago on the 7th of February an allied convoy off Iceland was attacked by a wolf-pack of German U-boats which lead to the loss of seven allied ships and many lives lost.

on 7th of February Spoonwood responded to a transmission from Destiny call on an Ohol forum.

These are the facts! You draw your own conclusions sheeple.

Last edited by JackTreehorn (2021-02-07 09:21:12)

Eve Audette

#24 2021-02-07 09:38:07

DestinyCall

I wasn't calling the facts weird, Spoon.  That should be obvious.

#25 2021-02-07 10:01:27

fug

JackTreehorn wrote:

75 years ago on the 7th of February an allied convoy off Iceland was attacked by a wolf-pack of German U-boats which lead to the loss of seven allied ships and many lives lost.

on 7th of February Spoonwood responded to a transmission from Destiny call on an Ohol forum.

These are the facts! You draw your own conclusions sheeple.

Oh god, Spoon is a nazi. What a terrible timeline we've entered.

Worlds oldest SID baby.

Board footer