One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-01-07 21:07:12

MistressZues

The life of Queen Santasha: a bit of a read but funny an worth it

I was born a in a fairly large town as a baby girl to Sina a peasant woman, daughter of the town baker. Although our family was not rich my mother loved me. My mother took on the job as Wet nurse, raising all young newborns. When I grew old enough I journeyed out of the nursery to explore our great town and discover my life purpose. I found an empty plot of land and built a fence. I was determined to become a seamstress.

While gathering materials for my shop I came across an old woman who was being imprisoned in a locked cabin in the woods. I ran back to town to tell the King Richard. I found the town in disarray. The king had passed and his son Timmon had taken the thrown. He was a tyrant only seeking power and uncaring for his people. His only weakness pretty girls and his ego. I ran after our so called ''leader'' who was brandishing a bow to shoot any who questioned his rule. I pleaded with him ''oh great leader thank goodness I found you, a woman is trapped she needs your help'' He ignored me at first until I laid it on thick. ''All hail our great ruler  breaker of chains he will save us'' He fell for it. I began to lead him down the path in the woods. I knew the old lady had passed away by now but I had a new goal. Accession to the thrown.

For you see the Timmon was so busy causing fear and intimidation into his subjects and forcing them to feed him. He didn't think to pack a bag of food before the journey. My belly full from all the goodies my grandpa the town baker gave me I knew I was prepared. When we arrived at the cabin we found the corpse of the old lady. The ironic thing is the torture cabin was built by his evil mother. The King began to look pale a sure sign the hunger was taking him.

He asked for food as he began to starve. I feigning innocence began to rummage through my bag looking for a morsel to keep him alive. ''Oh no, I don't have any food hurry lets run back to town my king''. Not even half way back to town he fell over skin and bones.
I pulled the golden crown from his corpse.

As i returned to town I discovered my mother had died in the famine the old king had caused with his greed. My old play mate a boy my mother had nursed along side me Raphael (Timmons younger brother) was now our named King. I was unsure if he would follow in his mother an brothers tyrannical rule or if he would take up the honor his father had tried to impart.
I knew I needed to get close. Now disguised as one of nobility with my fancy clothes and crown taken from his murdered brother I approached the young king. As I got closer i could see he had grown very handsome indeed. No longer the little toddler sharing a bouncy pall in the play pen with me. Since my mother had been his wet nurse I had hope for him as a ruler. However I was not going to leave the fate of my people to chance. So looking at this young teen-aged king I knew what I had to do. oh you know wink.

Hook Line and Sinker he was MINE!
Now that his heart belonged to me I decided it was safe to plead my case. ''My king, my love our people are starving we have no oil for the engine to run the well, without water our crops are failing. The Harvests are barely enough to feed our people and our livestock is dying. The Baker died in the last famine and our kitchens cupboards are bare.''

He immediately issued a decree " Two people report to the kitchen for pie duty, one person focus the remaining water on berries and carrots only for pies. We can reseed the other crops after we have fixed the well.''

My younger brother appeared in the kitchen, "I am the bakers grandson, I can farm the crops but my grandfather passed before he could teach me how to cook my mother and older siblings have passed as well in the famine. It is just I and my little sister remaining from the baker line. She will not be of any help either my king." It was then that he realized it was me his big sister believed to have been lost to the wilderness standing crowned next to the king.

Aware that it is treason to impersonate a noble he said nothing. King Raphael began to frown and I could tell he was deep in thought. A spark shown in his eyes and he grabbed my hand and whisked me away. He finally stopped outside the gate of the Palace. ''You own this now'' he said and he installed a second gate for me. I was taken a back. He had just handed me half of his power. His subjects were now mine as well. He had named me his queen. He embraced me. With one last kiss he mounted his saddle on his horse. ''I have to go get water to save our people. search the town for someone to make pies, I love you I will return.'' ''I love you too" I said and I meant it. I had never before seen a king willing to save his people to such an extent. I hoped he made it back in time.

I ran to my brother I told him the kings plan to return with water. I gathered the berries and carrots my brother had harvested. The last of our towns stock and baked them into pies. It was no where near enough so I had to limit everyone to one slice. The old gave their portions to their children and grandchildren opting to go in peace in hopes their heirs would live on. I soon gave birth to a boy Jolon. The new heir to the kingdom. I raised him in the kitchen as I worked to make bread from what little grain remained in reserves. I told him of his Papa the great king and the hope of our people. My husbands uncle now old passed on his crown to him telling him of his brother the good king and warning him to stay on the path of righteousness lest he wind up like the tyrant of old Timmon.

My husband returned. He came with barrels of water overflowing for our crops. The drought was over. Our reunion was blissful as he met his son and named him his heir. Jolon was handed the world on a silver platter surrounded by love. We soon had another child Misty, my little princess. No sooner was she born then King Raphael told me he must leave again. He needed to go to a foreign kingdom to exchange our kingdoms rubber for their oil to fix our city's well. He embraced me and like that he was gone. As my belly grew again I anticipated his return. I gave birth to another boy a young prince Kris. The moment he was born I could tell he was what we call in LOP a Peerless Talent with unlimited Potential. As I raised him I told him the truth of my origins. I told him of my dream to become a seamstress but that I knew I had a calling for something greater. I showed him my old sewing shop, I showed him the skills of my Baker family's trade. I introduced him to his uncle Richard the farmer. I sang him lullabies of his grandma the wet nurse and her kind heart. I told him of his father, not only a ruler but a true hero. When he was old enough he took to the kitchen baking as my grandpa had before me. I realized for the first time I was truly proud of one of my children. Jolon now in his teens was standoffish and lazy. Though I loved him I could tell he had no ambition. I tried reaching out to him bonding more, He didn't seem interested.

My daughter Misty decided she would bridge peace and left on horse to find her father in the foreign land. She vowed to marry their Prince to negotiate more oil for our kingdom. No sooner did she leave then she returned with her father a Ginger queen a young ginger prince a baby and OIL!!!

Our nations now united by marriage our peoples survival was ensured.

Upon my husbands return we had another child. A princess I named Belladonna. Like her brother Kris I told her the truth of her origins and mine. Although I gave her a crown of gold I clothed her in a blanket of sheep fur. The family reunion was sweet and much needed. My husband told each of our children how happy he was to have them and how proud he was of all of them. Jolon, Misty, Kris and Belladonna. He apologized. He had to leave us one last time. He had already negotiated to have oil delivered to our town but Misty's Marriage to their prince had also gotten us some much needed Iron. With the iron our town would be able to advance greatly. He was off once more. I saw him off hoping this was the last time we would ever need to be apart.

I took Belladonna to the kitchen to teach her the ways of the Baker line. Out of the kitchen window to my horror I saw Prince Jolon slaughtering our livestock. A cold dead stare on his face. I rushed out into the pen cursing him for what he had done. He laughed and ran off. I ran through town warning the other of what he had done. I ran to the Palace to ring the bell for my husband to return. I hoped he was close enough still to hear the alarm

I tucked belladonna in her crib in the nursery and armed myself with a weapon. I had to now do the hardest job I would ever have to do as queen. Kill my own son to save my people. I ran to the armory grabbing a bow and arrows. When I returned to town I saw Jolon running with Belladonna. He set her down in the crop fields wanting all to witness what he was about to do. He drew his knife just as I caught up with him. All my doubt of some possible redemption for him was gone. I had to save my baby. I let loose my arrow in the knick of time. He bled out as my brother and his two children , my baby and I watched. He spewed hate and venomous curses for our city. Claiming the advancement of our nation was corruption and the blending of the bloods was disgusting. Damning his mixed blood nieces and nephews with his last breaths. All I could do was tell him how disappointed I was in him.

With his passing once again the kingdom was thriving and in peace. With our new found resources the people were growing. Misty and her husband moved away to his home kingdom where she unfortunately passed during child birth of her third child who did survive her. My husband King Raphael retired giving the throne to our son Kris who was called King Kris the humble by the people. I got to watch my many grandchildren grow and spent the remainder of my years telling them stories in the nursery. Tales of our peasant origins, how a peasant became a concubine who became a Queen. I told them of the heroics of their Royal blood. I warned them of the sinful evil that only leads to ruin.

As our time neared the king and I spent our last days with one another, when he died my heart broke and I followed him into the after life.

Check this out upvote if you agree!!! https://www.reddit.com/r/OneLifeSuggest … heck_this/

#2 2021-01-07 21:22:29

TheRubyCart

Re: The life of Queen Santasha: a bit of a read but funny an worth it

interesting, I assume you were white / polyglot fam

You are amazing, you are loved, and have a good day to whoever might read this <3

#3 2021-01-08 01:14:40

Cogito

What a rollercoaster!

I wonder if the king's decree to dedicate the limited remaining water to berry and carrot based pies is the right choice in general.

A varied diet is the most efficent use of water (due to YUM bonuses) but that needs to be balanced against the work required to produce different foods (in addition to water) and the proclivity of the town folk to eat poorly.

So my question: assuming a severe lack of food and limited water, what is the best food-production order a leader can give that will maximise time-lived for their followers? What other orders should they be giving in addition to this food-production order?

I think Mutton Pies might be a good answer to the first, and the second is to make sure everyone has clothing - wooden shoes at the least!

#4 2021-01-08 02:26:20

DestinyCall

It is Stew.

#5 2021-01-08 02:58:15

MistressZues

No we were brown family. The Janeways.

TheRubyCart wrote:

interesting, I assume you were white / polyglot fam

Check this out upvote if you agree!!! https://www.reddit.com/r/OneLifeSuggest … heck_this/

#6 2021-01-08 03:08:48

Cogito

DestinyCall wrote:

It is Stew.

Stew has the benefit of not requiring animals. It is certainly hard to starve when surrounded by stew pots.

#7 2021-01-08 16:11:36

DestinyCall

Cogito wrote:
DestinyCall wrote:

It is Stew.

Stew has the benefit of not requiring animals. It is certainly hard to starve when surrounded by stew pots.

Yes, you can spam a large field of stew to create a "food zone" for new players and each crock will provide 8 bowls of hearty stew.  One bite gives 12 pips before generational food decay and each bowl holds two bites, so if you spend your life generating stew pots and placing them around the village, you can create a substantial food safety net for mono-diet players.   

The biggest downside for new players is that they might not be aware that stew is edible or how to get it into a bowl and the limited view distance might make it hard for them to find and return to the stew zone for more food, especially if the stew is located outside the village center.

Making stew is a multi-step process, but it is pretty easy to do once you are familiar with the necessary crops and have enough crocks.

Mutton pies are also good and a varied yum diet is even better.

Board footer