One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-12-22 16:00:08

Spoonwood

Water Strategy

Finite water in this game has always been under powered.  The more water the more players can get supported and the greater the possible enjoyment of doing things in the game.  Blue cisterns signal a healthy town with good potential.  So, how do you get water sources to regenerate? 

First thing, I don't think you can do this for your family.  You can do this for another family.  Now wells can reset.  I talked to Beep and his guess, and it seems plausible, that wells (not pumps... pumps do not reset ever) reset depending on water level.  Wells also reset (and surrounding sunken veins it turns out) depending on whether or not your family is still alive.  That doesn't seem to be extended family.

So, what you do consists in digging up a well 160 or more tiles from the well or pump of another family.  Then empty out the shallow well or upgrade to a deep well and empty out the deep well.  Once you die, at least if female and if you didn't have children and your sisters don't have living children, then the well should reset to a pile of 10 stones.  Come back and you can dig up the well again.  Repeat the process and there's another expected value of 13.4 buckets of water for a shallow well and 33 buckets of water for a deep well.  Of course, you'll want cisterns to put the water in good places, and if you have a rubber tire horsecart or cart full of buckets that will help also expedite the process.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#2 2020-12-22 23:59:22

Coconut Fruit

Re: Water Strategy

That would be abusing an exploit of the game. I'm not gonna do this.

Making own private server (Very easy! You can play on it even if you haven't bought the game)
Zoom mod
Mini guide for beginners
website with all recipies

#3 2020-12-23 02:44:18

NoTruePunk

I don't think this is worth it.

#4 2020-12-23 03:13:28

DiscardedSlinky
DubiousSlinker

Probably easier to just scoop pond water

I'm Slinky and I hate it here.
I also /blush.

#5 2020-12-23 03:44:58

NoTruePunk

yeah get a truck or horse and go out scooping eastern ponds. No eve will spawn there and nobody else is going to use them.

#6 2020-12-23 06:39:26

Spoonwood

Coconut Fruit wrote:

That would be abusing an exploit of the game. I'm not gonna do this.

It's within the rules to do so.  Consequently, it's not an exploit, and on the contrary consists of fair use of the game to dig up the same spot for water over and over again.  Also, again, finite water is under powered and leads to fewer survival experiences and one hour one life experiences for players.

Danish Clinch.

#7 2020-12-23 08:59:21

PeaGirl

That's technically how it works in solo villages too. Once you hit the deep well level, it will immediately reset into pile of stones once you've died.

If you ever enter Pea (Helkama turns into random name) family, you need the lottery ticket picked up. My baby names given can be absolutely random.
"Are you fueled with peasoup or why you keep running off from temperature tile?"

#8 2020-12-26 21:15:02

Spoonwood

Spoonwood wrote:

First thing, I don't think you can do this for your family.  You can do this for another family.

Thinking more on this I don't see why one couldn't do this for one's own family *if* they dug up a spring outside of their band and their immediate family died out.  I don't have a clear understanding on well reset conditions.

Danish Clinch.

Board footer