One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-12-14 19:36:31

Spoonwood

To Lovelyn Spoon

Yeah, that was pretty cool how you got yourself a backpack and came back with extra fire bows and deconstructed them for the shafts for kindling and their rope.  Good compact use of space!  I liked the turkey hat, as always.  In game I would said I was proud of you, if I weren't so focused on other things.  Nice sheep pen too!

-Eve Spoon

Last edited by Spoonwood (2020-12-15 04:53:12)

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#2 2020-12-15 11:50:15

Morti

Re: To Lovelyn Spoon

Spoonwood wrote:

fire bows ... deconstructed ... for the shafts for kindling and their rope.

Gotta point out, this is pretty clever.
Even above my first realization that pump beam kits were an efficient way to gather kindling & straight shafts.
Brilliant use of limited space, anytime, but especially for the earliest generations.

Spoonwood wrote:

Good compact use of space!

Indeed!

And also for not taking branches from nearby trees that less experienced players could be gathering a single branch at a time from. Not only does it save on personal travel time, but also affords others the convenience of the shorter trips if you are collecting them from grasslands afar, where you are also away from the local, limited, food supply.

Anyone reading this, please do consider the amount of time you spend traveling out and back in an early civ and try to keep in mind, we are most productive in this game when we are running through the A+B=C+D combinations as quickly as possible, not when we are running about, empty handed, searching for a single item.

Combine this sort of activity with good communication skills between an Eve and her children and everyone in a fresh civilization will make the most of their time, as the Eve informs each subsequent child of the direction and intent they ran off for, so as to minimize overlap passing by areas where the branches have already been pulled off, when needed, the milkweed has been plucked, or the wild food supply has been reduced.

--

Wanted to mention something else, but this reply has been sitting in a tab for hours. Just want to post it.
Thanks for mentioning this, Spoon.
& TY for being a resourceful player, Lovelyn, whoever you were.

#3 2020-12-15 14:10:28

Spoonwood

Re: To Lovelyn Spoon

Morti wrote:

Combine this sort of activity with good communication skills between an Eve and her children and everyone in a fresh civilization will make the most of their time, as the Eve informs each subsequent child of the direction and intent they ran off for, so as to minimize overlap passing by areas where the branches have already been pulled off, when needed, the milkweed has been plucked, or the wild food supply has been reduced.

One of the big issues in an Eve camp consists in keeping a fire going before an axe.  1 minute fires aren't worth running out for branches, and people end up running further and further out (and probably even cut up maple branches).  Then again, often the Eve will have semi-new players (or not have much experience herself) and people haven't thought it through that some fire to clay, and maybe to cook if possible, and then get an axe up asap really can help.

And you're welcome Morti.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

Board footer