One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-12-11 18:41:27

Eve Troll

Massacre mitigation

If you see a massacre happening, dont stick around to find out what happens, run. Grab some yum food and leave. Maybe make a pseudo eve camp a few hundred tiles away. Maybe live with the white family for a bit and pop over the banding to have kids. Once a fair amount of time has passed and the population has stabilized some return to the town.

#2 2020-12-11 19:19:35

Spoonwood

Re: Massacre mitigation

Yea, it's not worth the time, and attention feeding by fighting such destructive players doesn't work.  Better to give them fewer or no targets and "starve the beast".  Maybe they can rethink things one way or another, but that won't happen in game for sure.  And as the saying goes, people don't change, so it's unlikely that they will rethink things.

As other ideas, play on another server where they aren't likely to play.  Or play 2HOL.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#3 2020-12-11 19:23:20

bpskotch

cordy wrote:

Bring a shovel. Walk a fair amount. Make a well inside your homeband. Get babies to continue the line.

Most probably the new well won't unlock iron mines. (Only one set of mines can be unlocked per family.)

But you can plant the old fashioned way. Skewers and wild soil. (You can also bring some of the main town's iron while you are fleeing.)

Just enough until the killers die.

Make weapons (bow and 3 arrows) as they might come after you after they finish slaughtering the people who stayed in town. (Remember they can find you through numerous ways: new baby notification, /leader, etc.)

-

Only tricky thing with doing that is the necessity for lots of yum availability in higher gen families, you almost need an established area with lots of food to support even just a few children. Farming will generally only provide things that have likely already been yummed. But yeah, still beats sticking around town.

#4 2020-12-11 19:24:09

DestinyCall

I just go find a bear cave and offer myself as a sacrifice to the Forest King.   It is a nice clean death.   Honest and natural.   

And I would rather join my furry brethern in death than give griefers the satisfaction of hunting me down and murdering me in front of my children.   That is no way to live.

#5 2020-12-11 19:29:28

Spoonwood

DestinyCall wrote:

I just go find a bear cave and offer myself as a sacrifice to the Forest King.   It is a nice clean death.   Honest and natural.   

And I would rather join my furry brethern in death than give griefers the satisfaction of hunting me down and murdering me in front of my children.   That is no way to live.

Well that's suicide because of frustration.  That might fit under 'playing the character' (unlike suicide because of boredom).  Might not also... hard to tell for me.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#6 2020-12-11 19:42:17

DestinyCall

I like to think of it as "spite-fueled suicide".

You can't fire me, because I quit.

Board footer