One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-12-06 21:17:33

Ellesanna

Freya Red and the lost children

My name was Frejya Red, an inexperienced farmer trying to learn the many different types of plants.

During my lifetime, I had a daughter I named Freya Red, who was then promptly stolen from me by a man named Todd Mary from far away. I chased them down for a long while until she died in his arms. I had to leave her there out in that barren place or risk death myself. I never forgot her. Nor her killer.

Not long after that, I had another daughter I named Elizabeth. The first thing she typed out, one letter at a time, was the dreaded name- Todd Mary. I knew then that my first daughter's killer had been reborn into my arms as a newborn babe. I promptly abandoned the child and left them to die- though it seems they managed to survive infancy only to perish at another's hand- good riddance.

After several years doing work on the outskirt of town living as a barren woman- I returned in my late thirties and had a pair of sons not long after the other. I named the first one Thor and his brother Leon. As I took care of them by the fireplace, a cousin nearby not right in the head had a son they did not pick up. I fed him for a time alongside my two boys and when it became clear his mother would not be right in the head anytime soon- I dubbed him Charlie.

I must confess, Charlie was my favorite boy even though he wasn't my own. He was affectionate and said kind words while my two boys were quiet and said little if anything at all. I made sure all of them were fed and warm by the fire, clothed with whatever I could get them.

Charlie and Leon went off to try farming down south, while Thor never left home. It seems that whatever was wrong with Charlie's mom might run in our family. I tended to him though as much as I could between tasks before he too grew too big for me to care for and he perished.

After that, I was too old for children and simply focused on the farms. One by one I found the bodies of my boys- I don't know what happened to them- there was plenty of food and they should have been warm enough with the clothes. With sorrow in my heart- I kept working until I was older still. I eventually  gathered their bodies in a basket and laid them together my three boys- Charlie, Thor, and Leon - out in the cemetery field. Yet even as I looked at them gathered there, my heart longed to find my daughter, Freya. I went back up to the far north-west and through sheer luck found her and brought her body back home and laid her next to the brothers she never got the chance to know.

I made no attempt to find Elizabeth.

With but moments left in my life, I waited for my time next to where I had buried them- happy to know I would be together with my family at long last.

A family together at last-
Frejya, Freya, Thor, Leon, and of course- my adopted son Charlie.

Last edited by Ellesanna (2020-12-09 02:57:19)

#2 2020-12-07 21:56:31

Caprys

Re: Freya Red and the lost children

Love these kind of stories.

#3 2020-12-09 02:56:45

Ellesanna

Re: Freya Red and the lost children

Caprys wrote:

Love these kind of stories.

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love the story potential of this game, its why I keep coming back to it big_smile

Board footer