One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-12-02 07:58:08

PeaGirl

Your thoughts on recent "Black Friday" rush?

Would suspect it's not a secret to anyone that this 'holiday' brought a lot of people to play this game. Some unaware of the vast majority of things to learn and some with some perspective already established on the game by now. This game updates after updates has changed a lot during these years, from ice hole apocalypses never did I expect to see new races being added and crazy amounts of foods being available to collect. Am afraid that I'm ever curious as to hear your opinions now to see what is going on.

For veterans (minimum of 4 months?)
- Did you enter in the game during the H-moment during sales?
- How did it go?
- Was there something good/average/bad about it?
- Did you teach new players the skill you were doing?
- Did you mention new players the onetech.com?
-

For new players (From recently to max 3-4 months)
- Did you enter in the game during the H-moment during sales or the other time before/after?
- How was your first experience? Was it good or bad?
- What skill in particular you learned from others?
- What skill in particular you figured out yourself?
- How was it like with other players around you?

If you ever enter Pea (Helkama turns into random name) family, you need the lottery ticket picked up. My baby names given can be absolutely random.
"Are you fueled with peasoup or why you keep running off from temperature tile?"

#2 2020-12-02 08:24:54

Uncreative Guy

Re: Your thoughts on recent "Black Friday" rush?

It wasn’t just Black Friday and the sale that brought the noob rush, as OHOL wasn’t being advertised, but rather a tiktok video of the game went viral and lots of people bought it.

- I entered the game around early February, because I got it advertised to me during the Winter Sale on Steam, and kept it on my wishlist until then.  Because of this, I was one of few noobs, and the game was on its trend of dying.

- It went great, compared to the poor noobs right now.  I was usually the only noob in the village, so my mom would dedicate her life to teaching me things, and I was never competing with others for food or clothes early on.  I remember one of my first moms trying to teach me to smith, and another one who taught me to feed sheep.  I got plenty of one-on-one training time, and there was always someone free to ask questions.

- Again, compared to now, it was amazing for a new player.  Every life was a different experience as I was born to each family.  Everyone was at different tech levels, and I got a nice blend of primitive, medieval village, and advanced city survival.  The whole town could raise me as the only noob, and give me pointers.

- My go-to lesson lately has been milking cows.  Usually no one is already doing it, so I am not interfering with someone’s work, and I can show the whole cycle of growing corn, harvesting and shucking it, drying it, feeding it, breeding cows, milking them, and making skim milk, all in one life easily.  I also find this a good lesson for noobs because they get to see a finished product come out of their work, and be proud of it.  They also can jump in from any part of the cycle and continue it, along with the fact that they will be producing yum foods in their future lives for everyone.

- I try to mention onetech, the subreddit, the discord, and Twisted’s videos to every noob I teach.  When I’m leader, every few minutes I also give an order about onetech, and various other things, for noobs.

I’m not creative enough to make a creative signature which explains my noncreative nickname of Uncreative Guy.

#3 2020-12-03 09:31:59

Caprys

Re: Your thoughts on recent "Black Friday" rush?

For veterans (minimum of 4 months?)
- Did you enter in the game during the H-moment during sales?
yes

- How did it go?
Still traumatised and entertained

- Was there something good/average/bad about it?
I like that it makes the game more challenging. I don't like that you don't have much time to teach because your constantly starving or pooping out bb's. You don't have much time for them because your trying hard to do all the tasks that need to be done, but nobody is doing. You're the cook, smith, farmer,... not much time to be the mom or the teacher. 

- Did you teach new players the skill you were doing?
When it settles down a bit you get the chance to teach, mostly I only do that when they ask me to teach them (a bit to shy to force myself onto people). Sometimes I stop to tell someone how to do something when I see them do it wrong.

- Did you mention new players the onetech.com?
No. I forget a lot of things that I should mention to them. There is always something more that you should have told or explained. Most of the time I explain yum and that's it. Sometimes not even that because I'm to destracted with juggling kids, not starving and wathever else I'm doing.

Board footer