One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-04-24 09:11:35

arkajalka

Suggestions for future.

At this point, i am not even playing this game that much. Used to play 10 lifes or so a day, but now i mainly just test it out and see if its playable yet.

Decay is a good mechanic, but its introduced way too early. The hate on carrot farming is way too big or atleast confronted the wrong way. Main player base skill level is still pretty low and the skill gap that raises every week makes it even worse. With baskets decaying the item clutter is a serious problem.

So what could we do for this?

For decay i feel like there should be a way to fix broken objects. Also if you make an item once in life time you should not have to do that tedious task again. So decay rate should be atleast onelifetime. Also items that make the game more playable and adress other issues in game should not decay. Ie. baskets shouldn't decay at all. Basket is a tool to manage the item clutter that a big civ brings along side its born. Basket is simpy a tool to keep the place clean and playable. Making a basket decay doesnt make the game "harder" it just makes the game annoying when you have to repeat a simple task (cut two reeds and combine) over and over again.

Hate on carrot farming is confronted now by limiting the resources to farm. I.E. soil nerfs, new BREAKABLE(which take the most used resources, straight shaft, rope, and stone)  tools to fix the soil, nerfs on wild seed. If you dont want people farming carrots the best way to nerf that is to nerf its food value. So you get less food from eating carrots. Carrots aren't that nutrisious in real life. That way if a person wanted to farm his whole life carrots and live from it he could do it, but it would deffinetly take his full time effort to live from them. Also for the soil decay you could introduce farm cycle. Where you have to switch the farmable plant for the soil not to go waste. In real life if you farm on a one plot just one strain it dryes out all the nutrients from the soil and the soil goes waste. To prevent that you farm 1 year of carrots then let the soil rest for one year or plant something else that uses different nutrients or even gives the soil some. Introduce peas. Peas make the soil better and raise its nutrients. This way farming would actually be a planned decision and would need a strategy to live from it. Now its just tedious task that you are forced to do over and over again.

Also if we have these low tier decayable items, we should be able to craft also more durable items. People dont want to build stuff on short term. Atleast everything i do in this game is done on the purpose that my children can benefit from my awesome inventions. Now it simply doesnt last. The skill gap between the player base is vast. Some people cant survive even 10minutes if they are fully geared and in a city full of food. So all it takes for civilization to crumble is one wave of noobs and nothing gets renewed, ponds/wells dry, milkweeds are plucked out, berrys wither, soil gets planted to wheat, arrows and bows are made and everything is gone.

Making people repeat the same simple task isn't making the game harder it just makes it annoying.

I am Sheep, the lord of kraut, maker of the roads, professional constructor, master smith, bonsai enthusiast, arctic fisher, dog whisperer, naked  nomad and an ORGANIZER. Nerf sharp stone it's op.

"BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" -Jaleiah Gilberts
"All your bases are belong to us"-xXPu55yS14y3rXx-

Board footer