One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-11-23 14:49:07

Lightning

R.I.P Gogo another victim of le Spoonwood

I don’t really mind what happened to Gogo, I think after what he wrote on that last topic he had it coming... sorta? ( I Haven’t payed attention to the rules of the forum that much).

But it goes to say how dangerous can be, in terms of probability of having an ever long unproductive conversations and possibly getting banned from the forums, it is to be paying attention to this Spoonwood guy, at least for the person foolish enough to bother himself enough with his meme-ish character, to the point of writing an complete post dedicating his profound love for his behavior (note the irony). tongue

He probably won’t be the last to get banned that way, soon more people will fall the same sake as our fallen member Gogo, at the hands of the most determined meme of this forum, Spoonwood.

#2 2020-11-23 14:54:42

StrongForce

Re: R.I.P Gogo another victim of le Spoonwood

Who is that gogo you talk about? (note the sarcasm)

Last edited by StrongForce (2020-11-23 14:54:56)

Baby dance!!

#3 2020-11-23 15:21:08

Kilian

I wouldn't mind Fish to get banned after their unprovoked insult to Methman, and the slur towards me by calling me a kid.

#4 2020-11-23 15:23:14

Spoonwood

It did cross my mind to do so, but I didn't report Gogo's post.

His post was no conversation with me also.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#5 2020-11-23 15:24:14

Spoonwood

Kilian wrote:

I wouldn't mind Fish to get banned after their unprovoked insult to Methman, and the slur towards me by calling me a kid.

I guess you didn't see that 'Banned' is currently below Fish's name.

Danish Clinch.

#6 2020-11-23 16:14:02

sigmen4020

He kinda had it coming after trying to diagnose spoonwood with mental illness based solely on his forum behavior. And that’s just one of the things completely wrong with that “hit piece” I could think of the top of my head. I think he brought something up about race and femininity too.

For the time being, I think we have enough content.

#7 2020-11-23 16:31:42

Eve Troll

Bans are rarely permanent. Spoons been banned before. They're usually a month or so depending on the degree.

#8 2020-11-23 18:08:31

Cantface

Good.

Breasticles

#9 2020-11-23 18:12:24

Lightning

Eve Troll wrote:

Bans are rarely permanent. Spoons been banned before. They're usually a month or so depending on the degree.

I guess we'll have to see for ourselves how long the ban lasts, but it won't be permanent thats for sure and if it is, he can just create a new account without any restrictions. Just like OHOL where if you get cursed into oblivion you can just get unlimited accounts as long as you got the money for it and still be able to go on with your inner Joker desires, till boredom consumes your will of playing and you get a refund of your money.

Pretty convenient for those who are willing to do such actions. tongue

#10 2020-11-23 18:31:42

Lightning

sigmen4020 wrote:

He kinda had it coming after trying to diagnose spoonwood with mental illness based solely on his forum behavior. And that’s just one of the things completely wrong with that “hit piece” I could think of the top of my head. I think he brought something up about race and femininity too.

Well its not that uncommon to see people diagnosing eachothers behavior for the sake of proving a point, it happens all the time, specially when Spoonwood is in the frame, since Gogo has not been the first one to jump into clinical conclusions about his mental health in the past years, not that it tells us  something about him of course.

Welp i guess we all become physicians when it comes to diagnosing illnesses in others, but not at all when we do so for ourselves.

#11 2020-11-24 06:11:40

Spoonwood

0. Jason said this for the discord in May of 2018:

jasonrohrer wrote:

Update:  I've had kind of a change of heart about this.
In all of the main areas, you are a guest in my house.  Act like it.  Be nice.  Be welcoming.  Don't be mean.  Don't attack each other.   Don't shout.  Don't use offensive or inflamatory language that is out of step with the cultural climate here.  Don't be disruptive.  Don't clutter the space with stuff that's not about the game.  Don't troll.  Don't derail discussions with irrelevant points.  Don't repeat yourself.  One exception is off-topic, where you can post stuff that's not about the game, but still follow the rest of the rules.  Act like you would act if you were out in my backyard, where you're welcome to do some things that you wouldn't do inside my house, like play volleyball.  The other exception is the-street, which is totally unregulated.  Literally the public street.  Please take your anger and fights out there.  Mods, just ignore the-street.

And a few months later:

jasonrohrer wrote:

Same rules apply to the forums, in case there was any confusion about that.

I can't say I'm quite sure what everything there means, but that's one reason why moderators exist, more than one of them, why they get expected to confer with each other, perhaps it's why Jason has told them to keep a light touch, and things along those lines. 

Lightning wrote:

Well its not that uncommon to see people diagnosing eachothers behavior for the sake of proving a point ...

1. You speak correctly in asserting that it's not uncommon that people do this.  However, it's not really for the sake of proving a point.  Such speech gets done instead to dissuade people from considering whether or not a person has a point to begin with.  The implication of calling someone "mentally ill" comes as something like "this person has mental illness, therefore disregard what they say since it's only the ramblings of someone crazy".  That makes for a way of attacking a person, instead of addressing their argument or position.  It's a way of trying to influence other people to disregard what a person asserts or argues.

More concisely: one doesn't prove a point by saying "those who disagree with me have mental illness" or "those who claim X have mental illness".  One proves a point by providing evidence, reasons, arguments, data, etc. to support that point.

2. You only referred to part of what sigmen wrote about.  You didn't make any reference to his last sentence.  There's also more in Gogo's "hit piece" than sigmen mentions.  I don't see much reason to go into what that post said in more detail, but still more is there.

3. Gogo chose his words.  He made his post as a standalone post.  A person who goes up to someone and throws a punch at someone else is not passive.  That person was not a victim.  Sure, Gogo didn't throw a punch.  But, don't you see how he was active, if not also overly aggressive?  If so, what is this with speaking as if he was someone who got abused?

I just don't get why you claim Gogo was a victim.  Or have you changed your mind about that?

Danish Clinch.

#12 2020-11-24 06:28:09

Eve Troll

You mess with the spoon you get the fork.

Slander is still slander no matter how you season it.

As i see it these forums are about discussing the game, not its community members. Community members behavior in game on the other hand is free game. Though personally i dont see much point in singling out individuals but instead the behavior itself. Makings a thread exclusive to complaining about community members with no reference to the game is kind of a big "why" for me. Given its nature and its displacement from the presumed purpose of these forums i think it justifies the ban. Im sure gogo and fish will be back soon.

Board footer