One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-11-03 23:35:27

OneOfMany

Yum Face - In game emote only activated by eating a yum food

Mark Weins has hands down the BEST yum face. Followed by my boy Sonny of the Best Ever Food Review Show. I want a yum face in game. Here's the idea.

There is a yum emote that only activates when a a player eats a yum food. You can't /yum. It's a small idea but I think it'll do the following things.

First, it is an in game visual cue for yumming. This will hopefully be a non-intrusive way to entice new players to figure out why they get a yum face from some foods but not others, thus discovering yum on their own. It's also a visual cue for other players to see if a player is yumming or not. Especially since, you can't emote it. This visual cue would help identify new players who don't understand they are standing in a kitchen full of yums, making it easy enough to show them the treasures that surround them. There are also some negative side effects of a yum face. This could also be used for yum shaming, ie shaming for not yumming. While I am an advocate for yumming, sometimes you gotta be a pie/stew muncher(at least probably, I never do, but I would understand if someone did). I'd hate for someone to get shanked just for not being perfectly efficient.

Thoughts?

I am a dirty, dirty roleplayer. I roleplay in the game, sometimes on the forum and if I'm being honest, a bit in real life. I can't help myself. I'm a dirty, dirty roleplayer. Don't hate the player, hate the game. smile

#2 2020-11-03 23:39:26

DestinyCall

Re: Yum Face - In game emote only activated by eating a yum food

Sounds good.  I like it.

#3 2020-11-03 23:58:55

Spoonwood

I'm in favor of a yum face.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#4 2020-11-04 10:34:49

Cogito

Sounds really great, perhaps even with a sound effect.

Among friends and family (who I play OHOL with) whenever food is discussed you are sure to here 'yum yum yum' mentioned more than once.

"Ooooh mushroom risotto, yum yum yum!"

#5 2020-11-04 22:12:04

QuirkySmirkyIan

Cogito wrote:

Sounds really great, perhaps even with a sound effect.

Among friends and family (who I play OHOL with) whenever food is discussed you are sure to here 'yum yum yum' mentioned more than once.

"Ooooh mushroom risotto, yum yum yum!"

I told one of my family members who plays with me when she made us Sauerkraut "Craving Sauerkraut +50" lol

Open gate now. Need truck to be more efficient!

Board footer