One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-10-24 14:20:03

OneOfMany

After Death Ghost Spectating - They are... Among Us

One hour isn't enough sometimes. How about a few more minutes spectating as a ghost. No one can see you, you can't interact, but you do get to see what happens after you die. Sometimes not knowing, is just awful. Besides with the Among Us craze, I think it would be a welcome addition to the game.

I am a dirty, dirty roleplayer. I roleplay in the game, sometimes on the forum and if I'm being honest, a bit in real life. I can't help myself. I'm a dirty, dirty roleplayer. Don't hate the player, hate the game. smile

#2 2020-10-24 14:23:41

Spoonwood

Re: After Death Ghost Spectating - They are... Among Us

From what I've heard, You Are Hope allows you to view what happened with your family after your death.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#3 2020-10-24 14:38:19

OneOfMany

On second thought, this may be a bad thing. Watching your fresh corpse stripped of all it's worldly possession by a few distantly related children. The trauma of it all, I'll never be able to watch Nemo again for the PTSD brought on by the seagulls. I kid of course, what kind of animal dies with clothes on.

Oh and I heard a rumor, this already exists in mobile. Is that true?

I am a dirty, dirty roleplayer. I roleplay in the game, sometimes on the forum and if I'm being honest, a bit in real life. I can't help myself. I'm a dirty, dirty roleplayer. Don't hate the player, hate the game. smile

#4 2020-10-24 15:30:33

Spoonwood

OneOfMany wrote:

I kid of course, what kind of animal dies with clothes on.

Human animals.

You Are Hope is a mobile game.  It's not OHOL, but was forked from a previous version of OHOL and since some point has had it's own sequence of changes.

Danish Clinch.

#5 2020-10-24 20:02:53

Gogo
Banned

OneOfMany wrote:

One hour isn't enough sometimes. How about a few more minutes spectating as a ghost. No one can see you, you can't interact, but you do get to see what happens after you die. Sometimes not knowing, is just awful. Besides with the Among Us craze, I think it would be a welcome addition to the game.

Gene score is someway like being a ghost - you know which descendant died. We can, as well, watch them for some time like some perverts. big_smile

#6 2020-10-24 21:23:19

ollj

no.
this is very dumb.
on too many levels to even bother to mention one.
if you cant think of one dumb thing here, you may be dumb aswell

#7 2020-10-26 13:35:28

NoTruePunk

bad idea

#8 2020-10-26 17:44:00

Spoonwood

No one would force anyone to watch others play after their in-game death.

People apparently just have knee-jerk reactions like "bad idea".  Likely, there is no real reason to oppose it in concept, especially since the game already has rebirth/reincarnation, as most clearly seen not only by the 'reborn' button, but also by what happens if you die while high, or have cursed someone in their previous life.  Developing such a system is another matter though, of course.

Last edited by Spoonwood (2020-10-26 17:44:13)

Danish Clinch.

#9 2020-10-26 23:30:33

Coconut Fruit

Yes, mobile version of this game has it and it is a great thing.

In among us you can move freely as a ghost tho, which isn't possible in the mobile ohol, where your camera is stuck to the person you are watching. You can swap your camera between family members tho.

Making own private server (Very easy! You can play on it even if you haven't bought the game)
Zoom mod
Mini guide for beginners
website with all recipies

#10 2020-10-29 00:27:03

jasonrohrer
Administrator

I have thought about this...

#11 2020-10-30 22:57:01

OneOfMany

jasonrohrer wrote:

Papa? Mother told me your were going to the store for a pack of a smokes....

Seriously, Congrats on the game. I am a fan.

Sometimes in a life it hurts not to find out what happened. Sometimes you just want to see how it played out. Was your death avenged? Will you be the savior of your town? What's the harm in spectating for five minutes in one of those lives. I don't think it would be too hard to code in to the game. It would of made a nice Halloween feature, but it's a bit late for that.

#12 2020-10-31 00:20:36

gamatron332

Do it. I wanna see my little children start a cult over my bones. Because apparently they do that.

For realz though this would be nice

I’m Gama I flaunt my ideas, and I’m fabulous
But I’ve allready said too much.

#13 2020-10-31 00:22:35

Arcurus

jasonrohrer wrote:

i think it would be great!

#14 2020-10-31 01:11:00

NoTruePunk

You guys think this would be good but it's not. Instead of playing people will spectate, and that means less players in game.

#15 2020-10-31 02:45:21

Grim_Arbiter

NoTruePunk wrote:

You guys think this would be good but it's not. Instead of playing people will spectate, and that means less players in game.

Put a limit on it. I'd say 5 or 10 minutes tops.

--Grim
I'm flying high. But the worst is never first, and there's a person that'll set you straight. Cancelling the force within my brain. For flying high. The simulator has been disengaged.

#16 2020-10-31 02:54:17

Spoonwood

NoTruePunk wrote:

People sometimes watch streamers and then look to play where they played or are playing.  Players might play more if they saw what happened where they lived.

There was a Saturday morning back in winter 2008/2009 where I had an Eve run.  Then I watched some streamers play in that village on Twitch.  Later on I was even more excited when I got back there and played in that place.

Also, You Are Hope has a spectator mode after players death, and more people play You Are Hope than OHOL last I heard.

Danish Clinch.

#17 2020-10-31 03:26:39

Coconut Fruit

Spoonwood wrote:

Players might play more if they saw what happened where they lived.

Damn, first time I must agree with Spoonwood. It's motivating to play if you can see that your family has use of your hard work.

After all we want to leave the place we live in as a better place than it was when we were born. Why bother tho if it's all gone after you die? Well, we do it anyways...

Who knows how real world would look like if it was 100% certain that there is nothing after our life and there is no god. Would people bother to live? How many of them wouldn't? Would people be more evil?

At least in a game that tries to imitate reality there could be happy ending, where it is not all pointless... tongue

Making own private server (Very easy! You can play on it even if you haven't bought the game)
Zoom mod
Mini guide for beginners
website with all recipies

#18 2020-10-31 12:15:26

Arcurus

Spoonwood wrote:

Also, You Are Hope has a spectator mode after players death, and more people play You Are Hope than OHOL last I heard.

they have a new way now to make fire it seems smile
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYPbHJ_Hakw

Lol, interesting idea, tools against griefers, you see the last player who did something to an object, so you know who killed the sheeps smile
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGYuoYO9IsA

The new game looks also interesting, @Spoon lets see if they have fathers smile
https://forum.youarehope.app/t/new-game … id-pc/7669

Last edited by Arcurus (2020-10-31 12:46:21)

#19 2020-10-31 13:03:16

Spoonwood

Arcurus wrote:

they have a new way now to make fire it seems

2HOL also has another way to make fire.  Flint can get put on a steel ingot and then used to light juniper tinder.

Thanks for sharing the links!

Danish Clinch.

#20 2020-11-07 03:48:36

OneOfMany

I think you guys are "off-topic". Please restrict your comments to how stupid after death spectating is (limited to five minutes)

Off Topic: I do not need to know about ripoff OHOLs or any of the derivates spawned off by Jason's lack of IP security.

I only play without mods. No zoom for me. I'm a GD purest. Although I would love some in game glasses as, I think I'm near sighted. XOXO

#21 2020-11-07 13:53:41

Spoonwood

OneOfMany wrote:

I do not need to know about ripoff OHOLs or any of the derivates spawned off by Jason's lack of IP security.

Jason's code is open source and always has been.

Danish Clinch.

#22 2020-11-10 05:05:41

OneOfMany

Oh, is it open source?... Is there a crypto currency? <patent pending> OHOLcoin! ON SALE NOW!

#23 2020-11-10 11:35:41

NoTruePunk

It's not just open source, it's licence-free. He made it that way on the sacred principles of capitalism and free markets, hilariously.

#24 2020-11-10 16:24:13

DestinyCall

And then got angry when the source was used to create a popular mobile version and a Chinese knock-off which people confused with his original work.

#25 2020-11-11 02:06:15

FishRfriendsnotfood
Banned

How boring to watch your family after you die.  Rather watch paint dry.

I'm fish, deal with it or don't, idgaf

Board footer