One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-10-07 14:31:40

Arcurus

What about a new item? A nuclear-plasma reactor...

A nuclear-plasma reactor based on the electric universe theory so that your little villages have all the power they need for their radios!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBInhPF … e=emb_logo

#2 2020-10-07 14:49:46

DestinyCall

Re: What about a new item? A nuclear-plasma reactor...

Next step, robots with laser eyes.

#3 2020-10-24 21:27:35

ollj

the classic tech tree:

bonfire, animal husbandry, nuclear fusion

#4 2020-10-26 06:41:44

NoTruePunk

No

Also, your electric sun is a scam/cult

#5 2020-10-26 11:19:27

Dodge

NoTruePunk wrote:

No

Also, your electric sun is a scam/cult

Are you talking specifically about the company presented in the video or nuclear fusion in general?

I cant talk for that company since i dont know them or havent looked into them but if you're talking about nuclear fusion it's the furthest thing from a scam and it's most likely the best energy source for the future since solar, wind etc is definitly not viable on a large scale.

Nuclear fusion would produce more than enough energy to the point where it would probably be made free worldwide or at a very low cost and available for everyone even poor countries who could eventually turn that electricity into clean water from treating sea water.

Despite it's name it doesn't produce any nuclear waste or very little depending on the method/fuel used and it doesn't have any of the risk that a nuclear powerplant has since it works completely differently by fusing atoms instead of fission, so if you dont feed the reactor the energy it needs to create fusion or if there is any damage to the reactor it just stops working instead of the chain reaction of atoms and explosion that you would have in a nuclear fission reactor.

The research is advancing faster now than ever due to breaktroughs in technology and multiple private and public companies racing each other and being founded by big investors like jeff bezos from amazon, bill gates etc.

Recently there has been a promising paper published by the MIT https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech … ecade.html

It could be closer than ever, or maybe not...only time will tell

#6 2020-10-26 13:22:51

NoTruePunk

I know how fusion works, the "Company" is a cult. It's called the Electric Universe. Total pseudo-science. The Saphire Sun project isn't fusion at all, it's just generic low temp lab plasma made to look shiny on camera.

#7 2020-10-26 13:26:45

Spoonwood

Dodge wrote:

I cant talk for that company since i dont know them or havent looked into them but if you're talking about nuclear fusion it's the furthest thing from a scam and it's most likely the best energy source for the future since solar, wind etc is definitly not viable on a large scale.

If X doesn't work and people Y know that X doesn't work or doesn't exist, and X is promoted by people Y, then people Y are involved in a scam.  Cold fusion isn't known to exist on Earth: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cold_fusion  So, any company known to promote cold fusion seems like a scam to me.

That said, I don't know of any Electric Sun company.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#8 2020-10-26 13:31:37

NoTruePunk

Spoonwood wrote:
Dodge wrote:

If X doesn't work and people Y know that X doesn't work or doesn't exist, and X is promoted by people Y, then people Y are involved in a scam.  Cold fusion isn't known to exist on Earth: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cold_fusion  So, any company known to promote cold fusion seems like a scam to me.

The saphire sun project isn't cold fusion and they don't claim it is. They claim it's pulling energy from the "electric field of the universe" through magic electron tunnels from the center of our galaxy. It's absurd. In reality it's just normal plasma. When I said "low temp" I mean closer to what you'd find in a florescent light or a plasma globe than what's needed for fusion. Much closer.

#9 2020-10-26 17:20:38

Dodge

NoTruePunk wrote:
Spoonwood wrote:
Dodge wrote:

The saphire sun project isn't cold fusion and they don't claim it is. They claim it's pulling energy from the "electric field of the universe" through magic electron tunnels from the center of our galaxy. It's absurd. In reality it's just normal plasma. When I said "low temp" I mean closer to what you'd find in a florescent light or a plasma globe than what's needed for fusion. Much closer.

Yes there's been many scams related to energy production "free energy generators" even youtube ads where promoting them at some point: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uS99oFm33nM

Nuclear fusion not cold fusion on the other hand is based on something as real as the sun since it works pretty much in the same way

Board footer