One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-10-17 08:16:07

NoTruePunk

Destroy all graveyards

For some reason in game I keep seeing vast fields of graveyards with tombstones engraved with things like "dearest mother, always present, but mentally absent" and "unnamed SID baby". Who is burrying every damn body in the village? There's a lot of bodies, and we don't get that space back, fools. They're not even far out from the village, they're right on top of the kitchen or smithy and it really messes up the layout of the village. Please if you can stop it do so. It's a waste of rocks that cpuld go to roads and a huge waste of labor and space.

The only people deserving of graves are eves.Destroy all graveyards.

#2 2020-10-24 16:25:09

loolj

Re: Destroy all graveyards

finally someone else understands it

#3 2020-10-24 19:19:24

Gogo
Banned

Graveyards were the most beautiful places with trees / good architecture, so no, pls don't destroy them.

Last edited by Gogo (2020-10-24 19:19:36)

#4 2020-10-24 20:30:29

QuirkySmirkyIan

I'm fine with graveyards but if they are the closet flat rocks to the smithy and we need some I will be taking them so tough.

Open gate now. Need truck to be more efficient!

#5 2020-10-24 20:35:53

Caprys

You can still remove them.

#6 2020-10-24 21:22:09

ollj

i always took gravestones for roaduilding.

#7 2020-10-24 21:32:57

Chestburster

If you don't want graves in the villages then just dig them up and build over them. People aren't going to see the big picture when they only get 60 minutes a time to work with something that they generally don't see the beginning or end to. It's why the villages evolve in this game with structures being built and removed or renovated overtime like they would for spans of hundreds of years in real life. There isn't really any need to try to get players to build villages the way you want them to when it is that easy to do it yourself.

Last edited by Chestburster (2020-10-24 21:44:40)

#8 2020-10-25 02:46:01

antking:]#

As it stands I don't see the problem with taking flat stones from graves, If the grave yard is made to be scenic with things like Paths, fences, Roses, Trees, and lettered graves I won't take the stones away, I mostly take them when you just have a grave cube in the middle of town, I do wish though that their were different types of graves besides the flat stone grave

"hear how the wind begins to whisper, but now it screams at me" said ashe
"I remember it from a Life I never Lived" said Peaches
"Now Chad don't invest in Asian markets" said Chad's Mom
Herry the man who cheated death

#9 2020-10-25 09:24:35

Eve Troll

Waste of shovels and waste of stone. I see them as well. Destroy them whenever i see them. Nothing like rolling into the forge and seeing no flat rocks while there is a graveyard with 20+ thirty tiles away. Clearly a noob that has nothing better to do and thinks shovels drop from the sky.

#10 2020-10-25 13:32:55

Spoonwood

Eve Troll wrote:

Waste of shovels and waste of stone. I see them as well. Destroy them whenever i see them. Nothing like rolling into the forge and seeing no flat rocks while there is a graveyard with 20+ thirty tiles away. Clearly a noob that has nothing better to do and thinks shovels drop from the sky.

I thought graves got changed so that they don't take up shovel charges.  Then again, shovels might end up ill-positioned because of grave diggers.  But otherwise, yeah, pretty much.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#11 2020-10-25 14:17:30

Chestburster

Spoonwood wrote:
Eve Troll wrote:

I thought graves got changed so that they don't take up shovel charges.  Then again, shovels might end up ill-positioned because of grave diggers.  But otherwise, yeah, pretty much.

Yeah it was changed so it shouldn't matter now.

#12 2020-10-25 15:47:02

antking:]#

Digging graves & Digging them back up doesn't use charges so you can feel guilt less from destroying graves

"hear how the wind begins to whisper, but now it screams at me" said ashe
"I remember it from a Life I never Lived" said Peaches
"Now Chad don't invest in Asian markets" said Chad's Mom
Herry the man who cheated death

#13 2020-10-25 16:06:07

DestinyCall

If you are destroying a graveyard, it is more efficient to simply remove the stones and leave them all buried.   The buried bones disappear much faster than exposed skeletons and it saves time for doing other things.     As long as no one comes along to replace the stones, the entire graveyard will be gone in an hour without any further action needed.

If I don't like the position of a graveyard, I will pull the stones and use them to make a road to somewhere useful.  Most of the time, no one notices or cares that the graves are gone.  If they do care, they have plenty of time to rebuild with fresh stones.   Otherwise, the graves will vanish on their own after I am dead.

If I need the space immediately, I will unbury and move the bones out of the way.   But I generally do not both reburying them.  The moved bones decay in two hours.  I make sure to get them out of the way when I move them so one hour or two hours should not matter and re burying takes more time.

#14 2020-10-26 06:25:50

NoTruePunk

Gogo wrote:

Graveyards were the most beautiful places with trees / good architecture, so no, pls don't destroy them.

This is a nice thought, but the problem is people add to it and add to it endlessly until it's overtaken a whole section of the village. If it's contained and far away then it shouldn't be a problem. If it's right outside the kitchen then people like me will remove it because it's a deeply inappropriate allocation of resources and time.

#15 2020-10-26 13:16:39

Eve Troll

Even without charges its a waste of the shovel.

#16 2020-10-26 17:54:49

Spoonwood

Eve Troll wrote:

Even without charges its a waste of the shovel.

Because it ends up lost or is held by some gravedigger when the poop master or stone digger or stump digger can use it?

Danish Clinch.

#17 2020-10-26 23:15:58

Coconut Fruit

antking:]# wrote:

Digging graves & Digging them back up doesn't use charges so you can feel guilt less from destroying graves

Burrying doesn't use shovel charges, unburying does tho. https://onetech.info/1011-Buried-Grave- … groundOnly

Yeah, the best way is just to remove flat rocks and wait until graves decay (1 hour)

Making own private server (Very easy! You can play on it even if you haven't bought the game)
Zoom mod
Mini guide for beginners
website with all recipies

#18 2020-10-27 12:44:06

arkajalka

Everytime i see a graveyard that is just put up for the sake of it  i look at it as a waste of shovel uses that could make adobe/stone ruble for buildings and flat stones as a road.

Tho the graveyards that are well build, with gardens and some constructions are kinda neat tho.

Imo if you build a graveyard then put some effort to it. Uncle the graves, plant some trees, make some good old ancient stone flooring and not some fast pine shit.

I am Sheep, the lord of kraut, maker of the roads, professional constructor, master smith, bonsai enthusiast, arctic fisher, dog whisperer, naked  nomad and an ORGANIZER. Nerf sharp stone it's op.

"BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" -Jaleiah Gilberts
"All your bases are belong to us"-xXPu55yS14y3rXx-

#19 2020-10-27 14:08:39

Spoonwood

Coconut Fruit wrote:
antking:]# wrote:

Burrying doesn't use shovel charges, unburying does tho. https://onetech.info/1011-Buried-Grave- … groundOnly

Yeah, the best way is just to remove flat rocks and wait until graves decay (1 hour)

Oh dang.  Destroying all graveyards is definitely NOT something one should do to conserve iron then.  Using the flat rocks on the other hand though...

Danish Clinch.

#20 2020-10-27 14:11:33

Spoonwood

NoTruePunk wrote:

Who is burrying every damn body in the village?

I think there's often some new player who gets it into their head that burying bones is something good to do.  Real life values/cultural values, things like that.  I could easily be wrong, but I doubt there's a veteran who understands the game who makes those graveyards.  I don't think it's the type of thing that would interest destructive players all that much either.

Danish Clinch.

#21 2020-10-27 16:13:15

ollj

I build long roads.
gravestones are fair game.
5 dumb people chasing me out of a foreign city for 20 minutes, or killing me, or cursing me, after they clearly see, i am just building roads, are just way too dumb.
and i can read their chat, and i could not care less to respond to them.

#22 2020-10-27 17:02:24

Spoonwood

ollj wrote:

I build long roads.
gravestones are fair game.
5 dumb people chasing me out of a foreign city for 20 minutes, or killing me, or cursing me, after they clearly see, i am just building roads, are just way too dumb.
and i can read their chat, and i could not care less to respond to them.

0 deaths of players caused by flatties removed from graveyards.

0 deaths of towns caused by flatties removed from graveyards.

0 deaths of lineages caused by flatties removed from graveyards.

Roads look better then graveyards also.

I can't imagine a veteran more motivated by a graveyard than a road.  Roads more motivating than graveyards, at least for those who understand the game.

Danish Clinch.

Board footer