One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-04-23 12:57:24

SpreadDaWord

Can't wait to play

I bought the game around a month ago and I discovered that my computer cannot even run it. I have only made an account on these forums just now. Once I get a better computer, I hope that I can play! Any tips on the game or any heads-ups before I go into it?

#2 2018-04-23 13:09:11

Dacen

Re: Can't wait to play

Look at the players around you and how they combine things. Ask questions. Eat berries when young, carrots when less young and pies when adult. Try to figure where things are (wwater, clay, etc) or ask for it. Never harvest a milkweed who's not fruiting. Never drain a water pond to the dry state. If you hunt, be sure what you hunt made babies first. Know when you can support one more baby and when you can't.

Last edited by Dacen (2018-04-23 13:10:06)

#3 2018-04-23 13:12:50

LavishFox
Website

SpreadDaWord wrote:

I bought the game around a month ago and I discovered that my computer cannot even run it. I have only made an account on these forums just now. Once I get a better computer, I hope that I can play! Any tips on the game or any heads-ups before I go into it?

The requirements for this game are so low that unless you are using windows 98 you should be able to run it. I have personaly tested this game on computers all the way back to windows 2000. The hardware was original to the system.

Could you post the specs of your computer. I am certain that the community here as well as myself would be more than happy to help you get up and running.

#4 2018-04-23 13:35:35

SpreadDaWord

LavishFox wrote:
SpreadDaWord wrote:

The requirements for this game are so low that unless you are using windows 98 you should be able to run it. I have personaly tested this game on computers all the way back to windows 2000. The hardware was original to the system.

Could you post the specs of your computer. I am certain that the community here as well as myself would be more than happy to help you get up and running.

Well I only know that I have:
Intel 965 Express Family (for graphics)
Intel Core 2 Duo T8300 2.4Ghz (processor)
3 GB RAM

#5 2018-04-23 14:00:40

LavishFox
Website

SpreadDaWord wrote:
LavishFox wrote:
SpreadDaWord wrote:

3 GB RAM

That should be more than enough.

What does it say when you try to run it?

#6 2018-04-23 14:09:42

SpreadDaWord

LavishFox wrote:
SpreadDaWord wrote:
LavishFox wrote:

3 GB RAM

No, no I believe I misphrased it. I can run it, I am even able to write a review and update it! However the actual game is slower than a crawl. I cannot even type a single letter. I died from disconnection on my first life. There are black squares everywhere.

#7 2018-04-23 14:53:39

fragilityh14

when did you try it? There have occasionally been serious server problems.

Also I think someone fed you mushrooms.

I'm not joking.

I'll tell you what I tell all my children: Make basket, always carry food.

Listen to your mom!

#8 2018-04-23 15:00:55

LavishFox
Website

SpreadDaWord wrote:
LavishFox wrote:
SpreadDaWord wrote:

3 GB RAM

No, no I believe I misphrased it. I can run it, I am even able to write a review and update it! However the actual game is slower than a crawl. I cannot even type a single letter. I died from disconnection on my first life. There are black squares everywhere.

Most of this games lag and connection issues are on the server side of things.

The graphics doing weird things is ether from mushrooms or the client and server are running different versions.

#9 2018-04-23 15:03:14

SpreadDaWord

fragilityh14 wrote:

when did you try it? There have occasionally been serious server problems.

Also I think someone fed you mushrooms.

I'm not joking.

I tried it in the 18th of March this year. Before the apocalypse and the degrading update.
It's alright. I'm convinced that the game is unplayable on my computer.

#10 2018-04-23 20:47:24

Verinon1

If the game is running in slow motion (AKA not network lag, where actions repeat), then you need to reduce your targetfps setting. I had the same problem. Brought mine down to 30fps and the game runs fine now.

#11 2018-04-24 00:05:34

SpreadDaWord

Verinon1 wrote:

If the game is running in slow motion (AKA not network lag, where actions repeat), then you need to reduce your targetfps setting. I had the same problem. Brought mine down to 30fps and the game runs fine now.

No, I tried setting it down from the default to 60 and then 30 fps. I even tried 20 and 15 fps. Still, it runs like a crawl.

#12 2018-04-24 07:17:36

YAHG

I think the most important thing to remember is that this is a game about your family not about you.
You gotta take care of cute as buttons lil babies and teach em about where the stuff is and try to set
em up to succeed.

You get to try to make their lives easier by building up tools to make their labor more effective etc.
When you can remember to be playing and working to better your children's lives you will be surprised
at how strangely fulfilling this game can be sometimes. I think the power of it comes from how it
mirrors normal irl life in that way.

"be prepared and one person cant kill all city, if he can, then you deserve it"  -pein
https://kazetsukai.github.io/onetech/#
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=1438

#13 2018-04-24 08:03:50

akoopatroop

Every time I stop to talk to my babies I end up dying. Granted, I'm still relatively new. But I really wish the penalty for talking was mitigated.

#14 2018-04-24 08:18:54

YAHG

If you don't have time to talk don't. When your camp is starting to prosper a little bit is when
it is more important to initiate them. Giving a silent tour is enough if they are smart babies.
They will know where to go for water etc. if you just give em one quick circuit.

"be prepared and one person cant kill all city, if he can, then you deserve it"  -pein
https://kazetsukai.github.io/onetech/#
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=1438

Board footer