One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-03-05 18:22:19

egrigby

Bears and bears and more bears oh my.

I was born an Eve, and a child immediately spawned.  Knowing I had no food, no clothes, and no idea where to find them,  I left that baby behind.  I was crushed by sorrow at having to abandon my first born to the elements as I ran east.  I found a small farm, full of carrots and was able to cloth myself by looting a corpse, but there was no water.  The ponds were low and some were dry.  I took a basket, a bowl, and a  sharp stone ate one carrot to fill my belly and moved on.

I came to another camp, fields of carrots, plenty of supplies, but again no water.  This time, I had a daughter born at the farm.  She was a joy!  I did the best I could for the farm, hoping the water would replenish for the next generation.  I ate the carrots until my daughter was old enough to feed herself.  We reseeded the farm and left it with dry carrot fields and a basket of seeds.  Then we headed east.  I had her take a basket of carrots, for she could not go as long without food as I could.  We traveled east for several miles when a bear appeared.  I ran east, and the bear followed for a while.  I hope my daughter escaped and found a new tribe to live in. 

Alone again, and grieving for the daughter I had raised, I ran east.  every few miles, there was a bear, sometimes two.  I ran for a long time, dodging bear after bear, and several wolves.  Once I heard crying in the distance.  Eventually, I found another abandoned farm.  It was widespread and full of many advanced tools I did not know how to make or use.  The water was sparse, but there were enough carrots to feed me while I waited.  I kept looking over my shoulder for a bear while I made a home here in the east. 

I had one last child, but he did not survive.  I am not sure what happened, but I was stuck for a moment, as if in a dream moving to pick him up, but unable to do so.  Back and forth trying to feed my child, and not being able to lift him.  By the time I came out of this dream state, he was gone.  I suspect the berries nearby were hallucinogenic.

I lived the rest of my life farming carrots, stockpiling seeds for the next generation.  I tried my hand at planting some milk seed as well.  I made baskets and gathered supplies from the area.  I died at the age of 60.  I hope someone finds my camp and my grave.  I died with a backpack full of carrots, and a full suit of clothes.  The camp is planted full of carrots, about half of them watered, and a few milkweed plants.  There are two carts full of supplies nearby. 

Find the farm in the north, east, past the bears.  It is in a tri-land type area, water, grass and wheat.  Live well, and leave the world a better place for your descendents.  I have tried.

Board footer