One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-09-25 09:24:14

Arcurus

Suggestion having JOB Titles - also for master griefers

How about having job titles?

To get a job title like smith, baker, griefer you need to have for example 100 uses (in case of griefer X exiles). 

You can only have one job title in one life.

The tool uses are counted also from your life's before.

With 1000 uses you get additional the title Mater Smith and so on. Additional you need to be in the top 5% of the living players get the title Master in this area in this life.

For example this would look like this:  Herbert Kelderman the Master Smith. @Tea thx for remembering the right name! How could i forgot!

The currently active player with the most tool in his job gets the title Universal Master Smith and so on.

If you happen to see the Universal Master Griefer you know what comes to you smile

Additional in a second step. You could get certain boni, like chance of not using up the tool, chance of your food being extra yum / having more tool uses,  uses less pips for heavy work, get a change of getting one extra berry if you pick it from the bush, can pick stuff even if not biome specialized and so on and so on.

The master griefer gets as honor, that all will know his skills from child on.

UPDATE:
As an requirement to get the title you could still need to use the tool 5 times or so in this life too. So if you can still chose which of your professions you choose, except the master griefer, they like so much their profession that for sure get the title from start.

Last edited by Arcurus (2020-09-25 09:36:29)

#2 2020-12-18 01:30:44

EmeraldVirus

Re: Suggestion having JOB Titles - also for master griefers

I think titles would be a really cool thing to add to the game, especially if we got bonuses relating to our titles.  I feel like the way you can only use a certain number of tools has potential to be much more interesting!

#3 2020-12-18 01:57:05

Eve Troll

Real master griefers dont get exiled or cursed.

Interesting idea, not sure it would add anything of value to the game though. Would pretty much be the hierarchy system without any in game mechanical ties.

What if it was cosmetic based? For example, if you reached the master smith rank whenever you held a smithing hammer it would be on fire. Master griefer, knife or bow on fire. Different color of flames for ranks. Would be an easy way to show you know what you're doing and are seasoned in whatever field. But this type of mechanic would likely result in people spamming things instead of actually trying to be smart in the way they play. Someone uses all the steel to make hoes, then hoes a few hundred piles of dirt so they can rank up their smithing and farming instead of actually being productive or smart with resources.

#4 2020-12-19 03:04:38

Rose

Everything  which will give us a reazon to log in and be productive is great.

It will  ideal if Master Rubermaker could collect ingriedens to make ruber from any biom regardles what skin color she or he was born.

#5 2020-12-19 03:15:14

DestinyCall

This reminds me of a similar suggestion I made a while back.   I definitely like the idea of voluntary job titles.   Not sure how I feel about previous lives counting toward your current job and the tiles being server wide.   That feels kind of weird.    I'd rather have a system that is more focus on your current life in a single village.

This was my idea for professional titles:

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=8311

Probably really out of date at this point, but oh well.

#6 2020-12-19 03:23:23

fug

Job titles > meme titles. Real miss overall on not doing a declare /job vs the leadership system. By clearly defining what someone is it is clear on who to go for to get things done.

/Baker
/Teacher
/Smith
/Builder
/Apprentice (or something short for new people to declare themselves something.)
/Chef (for different cooking than baking
/Lumberjack.

You get the drift. I had this suggestion back when tool slots were a thing as a means to give free slots but titles would still help village structure a lot more than titles ever would.

Worlds oldest SID baby.

#7 2020-12-19 05:24:35

Dodge

Yeah tool slots really hasn't been a good way to implement professions in the game, it was too restrictive, too confusing and you had to run around to find someone that could use a tool or just forget about it.

If it ever gets a redo it should be much simpler, job titles that regroup multiple tools instead of individual tools and not as restrictive.

So trying to bake a pie while not being a baker would have a x% of burning the pie but baking a pie while being a baker would have a x% of making a "delicious pie" delicious pies would always be YUM no matter what.

Much less restrictive, has an actual strategy to it instead of can or cant do this.

Using the tool associated to the profession to get the title is better though we already have enough text commands like /wathever they are really not user friendly.

#8 2020-12-19 06:03:01

NoTruePunk

I think titles would be cool:

"I am a smith" or "I am the baker", "I'm the farmer", "Im a hunter", etc.

I don't think there should be any sort of restrictions to it. If a few people hear you say it out loud the word gets out and you get a title appended to your name when people hover the cursor over you.

#9 2020-12-19 11:15:54

Morti

I want to be the Cake Boss.

#10 2020-12-19 11:21:49

Morti

#11 2020-12-19 22:02:48

Arcurus

Eve Troll wrote:

Real master griefers dont get exiled or cursed.

lol yea, there is some truth in this, but maybe they want to get cursed to get the title smile

#12 2020-12-21 05:53:13

wio

There already are various outfits for jobs.

Chef's hat
Straw hat
Red cross apron

Maybe Jason could just add more.

#13 2020-12-23 19:11:07

miskas

wio wrote:

Chef's hat
Straw hat
Red cross apron

they have diferent insulators and they dont correlate with a person's action. (I can wear a wheat hat and be a smith)

Killing a griefer kills him for 10 minutes, Cursing him kills him for 90 Days.

4 curses kill him for all of us,  Mass Cursing bring us Peace! Please Curse!
Food value stats

#14 2020-12-24 00:53:22

WumboJumbo

miskas wrote:
wio wrote:

Chef's hat
Straw hat
Red cross apron

they have diferent insulators and they dont correlate with a person's action. (I can wear a wheat hat and be a smith)

You could technically do the same in real life. I don't see it as a problem.

#15 2020-12-24 19:55:03

ollj

they say, i am a master-baiter when it comes to baiting bears.

#16 2020-12-27 04:27:41

Hailerm

not cool

Engine Mastah

#17 2020-12-28 23:33:03

MistressZues

I think it would be pretty neat if the Leader could assign job titles. Same as with an Exile. I name Amira Rabbit Wet Nurse. Reed Miracle is town builder. Harry Litos job is Cook.

Check this out upvote if you agree!!! https://www.reddit.com/r/OneLifeSuggest … heck_this/

Board footer