One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-09-24 15:54:02

bpskotch

Whoever is taking my name on hetuw chat...

I'm not sure why you did, or would even feel the need to, but it's not amusing. The user behind that name on hetuw and I are not the same person. I took up my old alias on that chat, Hopelynn.

I would appreciate it if people wouldn't try to impersonate another person.

#2 2020-09-24 16:03:27

fug

Re: Whoever is taking my name on hetuw chat...

I was thankful to get both my names as having people impersonating other members of the community is sort of an issue.

Worlds oldest SID baby.

#3 2020-09-24 16:04:39

bpskotch

fug wrote:

I was thankful to get both my names as having people impersonating other members of the community is sort of an issue.

Hindsight 20/20, I was too trusting to the community I guess. It's a damn shame. Thankfully I didn't see them saying anything bad or trying to give me a bad rep, but still...

#4 2020-09-24 20:23:43

Tea

I have to apologize skotch, I saw a person with your name luring bears to town and stealing the engine and accused you. Sry my bad. I'll talk to Px so others can't impersonate others.

According to him it's not possible to take someone else's name.

Last edited by Tea (2020-09-24 20:55:54)

The one and only Eve Kelderman

#5 2020-09-24 21:32:59

bpskotch

Tea wrote:

I have to apologize skotch, I saw a person with your name luring bears to town and stealing the engine and accused you. Sry my bad. I'll talk to Px so others can't impersonate others.

According to him it's not possible to take someone else's name.

And I’m sure he’s correct, the main issue is this: bpskotch is my base username on discord. Around the same time I started playing OHOL and joined the discord I also joined the forums, using the same name. After playing some time I found it funny that the game turned the name “Hope” to “Hopelynn”, so I jokingly took up the name on discord, and it stuck, so I ended up keeping the name and that’s how the community knew me. I quit for a while and recently came back, but I haven’t bothered to re change my discord alias back to Hopelynn, but when I saw that hetuw had made a naming system, I went with Hopelynn so that others might recognize me from the past.

You can see where this goes, a singular user cannot own both usernames simultaneously, so no matter which I choose, someone can decide to impersonate. So, sorta a conundrum of my own creation.

Edit: Also no worries, I already kinda figured someone just wanted to troll and try to give me a bad rep. People will be people

Last edited by bpskotch (2020-09-24 21:40:10)

#6 2020-09-24 22:38:11

Tea

Ah I see, I understand better now. Thank you for explaining. That does make it easy for one to use someone's alias in the chat. I'll let Px know, maybe we can figure something out

Last edited by Tea (2020-09-24 22:38:48)

The one and only Eve Kelderman

Board footer