One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-09-15 02:30:09

bpskotch

Last man standing for the Silverhorn family

This turned into a really interesting story.

I was Sam Silverhorn, born to the white fam. During my early life I did what I usually do, look around for the highest priority thing that needs work. I noticed the newcomen pump was torn seal, and we had no rubber, so I planned on running a cart of buckets for water when i got old enough. In the meantime, I decided to help a guy smithing. Apparently, he was aiming to make an engine, so I figured I'd give him a hand.

Early on, a trollish black guy with a delivery truck came through, stealing odds and ends and throwing out slander that he was gonna have his family come and invade, yadda yadda. I pretty much blew him off, some of the others followed him around a bit but otherwise he just kept running around spewing random nonsense. I just ignored him and proceeded to continue working.

About mid life, we had a crisis. All girl babies had suicided, and my mom, the last girl, was now infertile. At this point we knew the family was doomed, but we decided to make the most of it and play around anyway. The guy who I was helping smith decided he was tired, and oped to suicide.

All the meanwhile, the black guy with the truck had brought another girl in, whom apparently brought a bear in with her. I decided enough was enough, and took to the bow to take out the girl, and then subsequently the bear. Finally, the truck guy took one too many drives around the area and I managed to shoot him down. One of our own took his truck and went for a joy ride. But I stayed, I was determined.

Finally clear of all distractions, aside the timing assembly, I managed by the last 5 minutes to bust out the engine from start to finish. Even though I know it would eventually just get looted or lost to time, it was satisfying to defy the odds and finish it before dying as the final member of the fam.

enginewin.png

#2 2020-09-15 03:01:12

Rookwood

Re: Last man standing for the Silverhorn family

The guy you were helping was QuirkySmirkyIan I believe.  Do you remember the black girl's name? 

Pretty impressive.  It's a madhouse out there tonight.

#3 2020-09-15 03:11:47

bpskotch

Sadly I don't remember the names but cool that I was with a forum member haha. Thank you, to be honest out of all the towns I've been in, that town had the best yum supply, and they're the "useless" race xD

#4 2020-09-15 03:28:53

Rookwood

to be honest out of all the towns I've been in, that town had the best yum supply

Yeesh, that town was rough. 

Girl was Belle Catto.  Guy was Readus Catto.

#5 2020-09-15 05:19:07

bpskotch

Rookwood wrote:

to be honest out of all the towns I've been in, that town had the best yum supply

Yeesh, that town was rough. 

Girl was Belle Catto.  Guy was Readus Catto.

Ah yes now I remember, although hindsight I think the girl was just led on by him, and I killed her without actually witnessing her doing anything bad....she did curse me in the end but what can you do. Sometimes situations are hard to discern.

Edit: They did get quite salty so maybe I don't feel THAT bad.

Last edited by bpskotch (2020-09-15 05:19:41)

#6 2020-09-17 00:09:43

QuirkySmirkyIan

Rookwood wrote:

The guy you were helping was QuirkySmirkyIan I believe.  Do you remember the black girl's name? 

Pretty impressive.  It's a madhouse out there tonight.

I'm not 100% certain if it was me but I do remember trying to make a truck in one life with a already assembled engine as black and another one where I made an engine and forgot what I used it for. I don't remember me being suicidal but who knows.

Open gate now. Need truck to be more efficient!

#7 2020-09-17 00:25:43

Rookwood

I think this was the life where you were white and you came to the kitchen asking me for timing belt.  I figured you were making engine.  You might have been dead by the time this guy was born though, idk.

Board footer