One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-09-15 09:21:21

Cogito

The Racing Car - Design

After last week's Delivery Truck it looks like the next update may be a racing car.

Not many details yet (I'll update this post or make a new one as they come in) however we do have some initial designs.

Design 1:
Design 1

Design 2:
Design 2

I think it will be really fun to have people zipping around in sports cars, and I think people will look amazing(-ly hilarious) in these cars.

This content is not *super* useful right now, and I think we really need some general tech updates (a workbench!) and 'filling out' of the tech tree.

That said, I like it!!! Give us more high-tech items; let's build the engines and pump the kero, and have races down the highways.

As a bonus, we also can see the Delivery Truck design:
Delivery Truck Design

#2 2020-09-15 12:25:32

gamatron332

Re: The Racing Car - Design

The link is described as a sport car but I don’t know what all the numbers are... it Kinda looks like a sprite id? It’s some sort of key... I only know c++ never seen this anywhere. And why the heck is it nearly 18 thousand - 1.8 million lines long???? But I did skip to the end sooo. Tbh I think adding the sports car would be a bad idea. This would make the current *car* obsolete because the delivery truck Is allready very easy to make the sports car(unless it upgrade the current car) will just make it unused content. More tech based updates pls.

Of course it’s Jason’s game and we can’t tell him how to run it. I don’t wanna be a mini spoon

Last edited by gamatron332 (2020-09-15 12:51:45)

I’m Gama I flaunt my ideas, and I’m fabulous
But I’ve allready said too much.

#3 2020-09-15 13:17:57

Cogito

The file format (AutoCAD DXF) is used to record technical drawings.

#4 2020-09-15 18:36:51

Spoonwood

gamatron332 wrote:

Of course it’s Jason’s game and we can’t tell him how to run it.

No, it's not Jason's game.  He didn't purchase anything and doesn't have rights over it.  He has rights over his servers, and that's it.

Also, you're the paying customer.  Of course you can say how you think it should go.  Quit disempowering yourself by saying that you can't speak your mind.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#5 2020-09-15 18:48:00

gamatron332

Spoonwood wrote:
gamatron332 wrote:

Of course it’s Jason’s game and we can’t tell him how to run it.

No, it's not Jason's game.  He didn't purchase anything and doesn't have rights over it.  He has rights over his servers, and that's it.

Also, you're the paying customer.  Of course you can say how you think it should go.  Quit disempowering yourself by saying that you can't speak your mind.

hi spoon ive heard much about you

#6 2020-09-16 00:18:01

Villas

gamatron332 wrote:

I don’t wanna be a mini spoon

Thanks God. I can barely stand one.

That being said, yeah, it's not our game, he made it (I don't care who owns it) and he will do whatever he wants with his game that he made. Although we can share our ideas and give suggestions, he has implemented a lot of suggestions that people gave here on the forums and even if he doesn't implement it, it will be stuck on his mind and might influence his next updates, plus your ideas give insights to other people so they can have even better ideas.

Demanding something or throwing a fit is not good because they make people feel repulse and they'll ignore it even if the idea is good, so they won't encourage that behavior. But your suggestions at pretty healthy and not entitled, I love reading them.

I also hope that that sport car is a skin for the current car (I never liked the look of it), we have more important stuff on the list, but since he made the truck, Better finishing the car so they won't look so different.

#7 2020-09-16 00:23:53

Spoonwood

Villas wrote:

That being said, yeah, it's not our game ...

You bought it.  It's your game.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#8 2020-09-16 00:43:30

gamatron332

Villas wrote:

But your suggestions at pretty healthy and not entitled, I love reading them.

I also hope that that sport car is a skin for the current car (I never liked the look of it), we have more important stuff on the list, but since he made the truck, Better finishing the car so they won't look so different.

First of all thanks I really try to be impartial to Jason because he made the game, and look at his dedication he released a content update after he was stuck because of the wildfires. Great dude.

On the car I sooooo hope that the sport car is like adding metal plates to the current car to make it faster(or slower) and hold no items (we don’t use sport cars to transport goods... I think) but it would definitely be awesome. I’m seeing the sports car as a status commodity though. Just kinda like “mmmyyy town has a sport car because we have sooo many resources” (please read in a mucky British accent) but who knows the community wil decidet

#9 2020-09-16 09:11:06

Arcurus

gamatron332 wrote:

Spoonwood is nearly as famous as Woodspoon, or was it the other way round?

#10 2020-09-16 13:27:55

Guy

Arcurus wrote:
gamatron332 wrote:

Who is Woodspoon?

#11 2020-09-16 14:49:31

olooopo

Guy wrote:
Arcurus wrote:
gamatron332 wrote:

Who is Woodspoon?

Woodspoon was your previous account. (:

hehe

#12 2020-09-16 15:22:06

sigmen4020

Guy wrote:
Arcurus wrote:
gamatron332 wrote:

Who is Woodspoon?

He is very important to Jason. I heard that he even got home schooled together with Jason’s son.

Last edited by sigmen4020 (2020-09-16 15:23:15)

For the time being, I think we have enough content.

#13 2020-09-17 00:04:22

Guy

olooopo wrote:
Guy wrote:
Arcurus wrote:

Who is Woodspoon?

Woodspoon was your previous account. (:

hehe

Guilty as charged

Board footer