One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-08-18 03:48:23

Guy

Why won't Jason consider marriage

I think being able to have hybrid families would be better then the current "trade". Picture marrying a member of a black family and potentially popping out some Black kids.

I think if you tweaked it right, Regular trading would be more conistent but an interracial child could  get more resources faster.

#2 2020-08-21 09:38:19

Erudaru

Re: Why won't Jason consider marriage

He did say once that he would work on a marriage mechanic, but he didn't mention anything about interracial marriage.

#3 2020-08-21 19:27:40

Morti

This is a pleasant thought; keep on him about it, and flesh out how it may work as an example.
Would kids be 50-50 each parent?
More likely a color in between the two parents, if that's possible?
Would it be based on genetic dominance, where traits like dark brown or black hair, or brown eyes, are more genetically dominant traits than blue eyes, green eyes or blonde or red hair?
Or, would the genetic score play into what traits the offspring have???
Maybe a ginger, red haired mother with a genetic score of 55, marrying a black man with a genetic score of 50 would be 5%, 10% or 50% more likely to have kids with ginger or caucasian/white traits as opposed to brown or black ones?

If women married each other would that influence their children as well?
What about men marrying each other? No children, less adoption becomes a thing, but, I don't see the harm in letting them share property, or extended families... If a black man marries a brown man for access tot he brown families well rights as his own, then divorces him and marries a ginger woman, would she then also inherit the rights to the brown family's well and be able to have children with him there?

These questions, and many others, will be answered, in the next episode of... SOAP!

#4 2020-08-22 00:53:06

Cantface

Because he's already married! D:<

Breasticles

#5 2020-08-22 04:56:30

fug

Because it leads to incest and incest = bad.

Rape roleplay = ok
Genocide = ok
Implied incest = bad.

Worlds oldest SID baby.

#6 2020-08-27 20:34:35

Caprys

I would do it like this for example: a black man travels to a white village and marries a white woman. This woman will then still be able to produce white childen,  but she also has the chance to produce black male children. This way you can have diverse cities without it being a permanent part of that town.

Board footer