One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-08-15 20:07:36

Morti

Jason, an idea for community engagement.

Have a live stream on Twitch once a month and interact with your playerbase.
Talk to us like friends and we will be your friends.
Let us ask questions and interact with you, and address each other.

Conversely, you could come on Twitch and interact with players that stream the game.
Set up dates and times that you will come and engage with the community via various streamer's streams, people like Twisted, Wolvenscar, wondible, 2Laughor2Cry; people that have been streaming and playing the game for ages.

What do you think of that idea?

What do the rest of you think of that idea?

Once a week for an hour or two would be nice, but even if you did so once a month and scheduled times to stream yourself or to join people and announced when you would be in other people's chat in advance, it would be nice.

Please consider it. You'd be free to set ground rules and expectations ahead of time.
Or just go with the flow and let people know, as they engage with you, what your thoughts are regarding the past, present and future of the game.

#2 2020-08-15 21:34:45

Coconut Fruit

Re: Jason, an idea for community engagement.

Welcome, my name is peeewdiepie jaaasonrohrer

Making own private server (Very easy! You can play on it even if you haven't bought the game)
Zoom mod
Mini guide for beginners
website with all recipies

#3 2020-08-15 23:52:13

Morti

More like this, but with more company.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/226619523

#4 2020-08-16 02:03:12

Spoonwood

2LaughOr2Cry hasn't played since late winter/early spring of 2019.  Maybe even a bit earlier.  Last thing I remember him doing was a taco shop in South Town on server12, before the infamous Jason wipe, which was May of 2019 as I recall.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#5 2020-08-16 13:19:12

ahead

what do you mean communicating with the players?
he's the best game developer he doesn't need nobody telling him how to do stuff
the brilliance of his game design is too much for us mortals to grasp
the average ~40 player count is all part of his plan, you dare not interfere

Sorry, nothing

#6 2020-08-17 01:16:02

The_Anabaptist

A live Jason saying stuff off the cuff on a live stream...  Sounds like a PR disaster waiting to happen to me.  Meh.  I'll lurk while eating my extra large bag of popcorn.  Let me know when the debut episode is going to happen.

The_Anabaptist

#7 2020-08-17 13:20:07

Coniculls13
Website

Jason had a random Zoom meeting a while ago, it'd be cool to see that or a stream become semi regular.

Maintainer of Two Hours One Life - a curated OHOL server. Discord https://discord.gg/atEgxm7

#8 2020-08-17 14:51:41

Morti

What has happened to this community over the years?

Jason started this place with so much energy and positivity. Look back at his first 100 posts in 2017. Do it, there are many ways to easily look, just go

rSnKPll.png
tnPPF9e.png
iyETEoL.png
bXR3JhH.png
vLLFT6T.png
nlyLP3q.png
7VSKLQv.png
dUGW1Mh.png
uZSOj3v.png
ai4Ux7a.png
Eh7o85u.png
iY1JZdF.png
6D6I3Qw.png

Maybe it was partly me? Maybe that in me which people have labeled as schizophrenia, bipolar, or manic depression, maybe these things, along with all my other problems are partially to blame?
Maybe we have too much knowledge and not enough friends, family and loved ones, at our fingertips, and we all, ALL, have screwed up a little.

I swear I have made this statement before, but I am sorry, for my part, in all of the distrust of you Jason.
I really do hope you can forgive me.
Don't worry, about me, don't talk down to me, or any other human being for that matter, don't try, to put yourself above us, just realize that we're all human beings together, and that our mistakes, as people, are similar to mistakes on homework assignments; they are parts of the lesson, of learning, to be - better people.

(You don't really have to forgive me... if you don't want to.)

I am sorry, for not being a better friend, when you expressed to me that's what you were looking for.
Sorry I wasn't... receptive, towards your thinly veiled invitation, to be your considered your friend.

I have always... thought of you as a friend. Even when we disagreed, even at my rudest toward you, even at your most dismissive of me. Please, take my weight off your mind.
Let us both take a little weight off each other, for the sake of future journeys.

#9 2020-08-17 14:52:56

Gogo
Banned

@Morti if you have project of some sort, would you like to co-op with your audience aswell? You did? What were the results?

#10 2020-08-17 14:54:52

Morti

I don't like to edit posts, but images 2 and 3 are out of order.

(the whole post is probably out of order, tbh, but eh, whatcha gonna do?)

#11 2020-08-17 15:09:01

Morti

Gogo wrote:

@Morti if you have project of some sort, would you like to co-op with your audience aswell? You did? What were the results?

As a former teacher of astronomy at a planetarium, yes, in a way, I co-operated with my audience.
That planetarium was/is inside of a museum, and I saw a lot of works of art pass through there over my 9 years working there.
I considered, what goes through the minds of artists, while working there and since, and I get why most artists are reclusive.
But I also understand why scientists, good ones, are not, when they are not. That is when science is most effective. And I would argue that is when games, art, and any works in progress by human beings, including governments and civilizations themselves, are most effective and productive - when people are working things out, together.

On the flipside, it's nice, the fruits of humanity, the works we produce for one another, that come from each of our actions alone.

Like all things, there is a balance to find, in the process, for the results each may desire, by the ends of our lives.

I cannot say how much time is best spent working with others, as opposed to working alone. Each case is unique.
But I will say, I love communities that engage regularly with one another, throughout their development.
I love being a part of these processes. At every level. This is what it is to be a live.

#12 2020-08-17 15:26:45

Dodge

*some idiot posting evidence on purpose and knowingly of dowloading video of shooting in new zealand on a public forum*

*same idiot wondering why dev of that forum doesn't want to interact more with the community*

Funny that you didn't mention the name of one ohol streamer in particular that is the real reason for that post, since you want him to interact with that specific person.

Cant blame him honestly at this point i would be scared at the idea of that said person showing at my door or in the middle of the night while i'm sleeping, creepy stuff... stalker type shit...

#13 2020-08-17 15:58:55

Morti

Gogo wrote:

Perhaps I am not certain what you mean by projects. or "you have projects" and instead I see the development of this game as "we have projects". This game has always been about the community to me. When I'm in it, I rarely think of Jason compared to the people I am working with, and for, so that they may have better lives than my own.

I come here to defend those people from the damage I perceive Jason doing to us for his amusement and the amusement of... who knows what other twisted, careless, people, who find it interesting how we fail when tortured to death. That's how it's felt before.
Like torture, and I have spent years, years, in correctional institutions and locked away in, who knows what to call them, they change the names so often, sanitariums? Mental health clinics?

Truth is the world has not been kind to me and I in turn continue to return the favor, but, my aggression is misdirected time and time again towards innocent people who are not responsible for the times I have suffered.

I, like Jason, could really just use a good friend. It's no fun feeling like a sprue, a trimming, a weed.

Gogo, consider my 3100 hours playing this game as a project.
Yes, we co-operated, and so far the results have been that I was loved, and I have loved, each and every one of you, as though you were my mothers and my children. My ancestors, my descendants and my family.

Still perhaps not the sort of project you may be considering. Maybe you can give one of your own as a second example, and express your position on working with others, or alone.

As if we could ever do anything, truly alone.
That's not how life works, that's not how we work.
As a collection of trillions of cells working together, it's a foolish view of life that any one, thing, is responsible for any thing.
Every thing, is connected, by chains of events, forces, information. No one thing, anywhere in this universe, exists on it's own.

I must be painting the intent of your comment darkly.
We are all here because we know who and what is responsible, for some things.
I suspect you are preparing to defend Jason from me.
Initiating interaction from a defensive position, is a bad start if your intent is a fruitful engagement.

I am sorry if I am making this worse.

Jason makes games, not rockets, not buildings, not roads.
NOT REAL ROCKETS. NOT REAL BUILDINGS. NOT REAL ROADS.
But he does make minds happy, but so do drugs. Doesn't change the world outside the mind.
More games aren't helping to sort out the world's problem with a lack of activity.
Which was one of Jason's complaints to me, regarding my interest in the future of life.

This is not a normal game though, love can lead people to do great things.
It certainly has influenced Jason to be productive.
And the opposite..., not hate, but just, a deficit of love...
Both are far less desirable, and can easily lead to destruction, which is unfortunate.

Is it our job, as the community of One Hour One Life, to solve the world's problems, as far as it's lack of willingness to share and grow love, goes?
YES.
Yes it is.
I say it should be.
This is our project.

#14 2020-08-17 16:12:49

Morti

Dodge wrote:

*some idiot posting evidence on purpose and knowingly of dowloading video of shooting in new zealand on a public forum*

*same idiot wondering why dev of that forum doesn't want to interact more with the community*

Funny that you didn't mention the name of one ohol streamer in particular that is the real reason for that post, since you want him to interact with that specific person.

Cant blame him honestly at this point i would be scared at the idea of that said person showing at my door or in the middle of the night while i'm sleeping, creepy stuff... stalker type shit...

Hi Dodge.
Good to see you too.

Me? Yes. I am the one I want Jason to come interact with.
Since it is unlikely that we will ever see each other in person at this point thanks to people like you inflating the severity of every heart felt reaction, yes, this would be 'safe' way for Jason to engage with me.
Though I would much rather we met in person so we could open up to each other, perhaps bring each other to tears sharing stories and comforting each other afterwards with how we find resolve considering the worst we have imagined, whether, for life, the universe, or just ourselves.

I don't think an hour of internet activity would benefit either of us much compared to a day or two of a nature retreat, but then again, why would I deserve any more of his time, or he of mine, for that matter.

Why do we care, about each other...?

I think it still is a shared concern for the future beyond ourselves.
And I want to give him more hope; more knowledge based aspirations, for his children's futures and for the rest of all life.

Maybe he can have more of an affect on that future than he thinks.

#15 2020-08-17 16:16:28

Morti

Morti wrote:

Maybe he can have more of an affect on that future than he thinks.

Either "Maybe he can have more of an effect on that future than he thinks."
OR "Maybe he can affect the future more than he thinks."

Maybe we all can.
Let's not sell ourselves short, shall we?

#16 2020-08-17 16:21:34

Morti

P.S. I love baiting out people like Dodge. smile

Have I ever told you I loved you Dodge?

I do.

I love you.

You, uh... wanna get a room somewhere?

#17 2020-08-17 16:28:17

Dodge

"Though I would much rather we met in person so we could open up to each other, perhaps bring each other to tears sharing stories and comforting each other afterwards with how we find resolve considering the worst we have imagined, whether, for life, the universe, or just ourselves."

Yeah be sure to bring more videos of shootings i'm sure he would love to see them.

"thanks to people like you inflating the severity of every heart felt reaction"

Yes exactly it must be that who wouldn't want to meet in person someone who enjoys watching videos of mass murder and then brags about it in an edgy way on a public forum.

Morti wrote:

"just a bait" btw

i totally believe you...

Last edited by Dodge (2020-08-17 16:31:24)

#18 2020-08-17 16:33:45

Morti

Morti wrote:

What has happened to this community over the years?

Dodge wrote:

Dodge, I'd be willing to suggest your types of posts have done more harm than mine.
I'd love to do a more thorough investigation of the vitriol you have oozed into this community over the years and compare it fairly to my own, but I recognize I'd be biased in your favor, considering the sort of martyr I tend to want to portray myself as.

You were a good reason I took a vacation from here... probably a reason a lot of people have, and will, possibly never come back. I don't get why you are such a loose cannon, but I'd like to. I'd like to know why people like you exist, as if we both don't know. Maybe I can help you too.

Maybe we can help each other.

#19 2020-08-17 16:48:28

Morti

Dodge wrote:

"Though I would much rather we met in person so we could open up to each other, perhaps bring each other to tears sharing stories and comforting each other afterwards with how we find resolve considering the worst we have imagined, whether, for life, the universe, or just ourselves."

Yeah be sure to bring more videos of shootings i'm sure he would love to see them.

"thanks to people like you inflating the severity of every heart felt reaction"

Yes exactly it must be that who wouldn't want to meet in person someone who enjoys watching videos of mass murder and then brags about it in an edgy way on a public forum.

Morti wrote:

"just a bait" btw

i totally believe you...

Last edited by Dodge (Today 12:31:24)

What was the edit?

Also I'm more worried about Lazy Bear or Tomorrow Corporation finding out that one of their fans has played their games without paying for it. That shooting vid is just saved & shared for historic reasons. It is a fact that it and many horrific things like it have happened over the years. We shouldn't forget about such events, and let the people who do remember, use them against us.
It's a concerning lesson, as is the reason such events occur. They are important butterflies in the picture that is the chaos/order, of the predetermined state of the world we exist in. They will be keys to sorting out problems in the future and I am doing a small part to continue sharing that key.

It's good to forget though, isn't it?

If only the bureaucrats vying for power over the minds of the world, would do so first... big_smile FAT CHANCE.

If only you know the torrents I've saved on hard drives over the years... better you pretend to be above consideration for such matters.

#20 2020-08-17 16:50:10

Gogo
Banned

Jason only listens when someone is doing what he's doing to players with unliked updated - forcing him. Bobo's vids about slaughtering towns forced Jason to add updates about posse, I think Jason was nervous that time.

And what happened after that? Updates with new content happens. Gush of new stuff, to the point of paved roads, cars and 'diesel oil'. I don't think he would be that much productive from 'working together'.

#21 2020-08-17 16:51:28

Dodge

Life advice from you sounds great... maybe in a couple of years i'll enjoy watching people getting slaughtered too

I'm so sowy my words hurt your feewings sad

And dont give me that whole speech sure there's some disagrements and exchange of words sometimes on the forum but compared to other communities in the same field it's one of the less toxic ones, you should see the communities of some other games.

Also totally because of me and not you spamming the forums and then getting banned that you took a break...

I can think of plenty of other reasons why the forum has very little activity.

Morti wrote:

That shooting vid is just saved & shared for historic reasons.

"historic reasons" btw

Last edited by Dodge (2020-08-17 16:56:34)

#22 2020-08-17 17:23:53

Morti

Gogo wrote:

Jason only listens when someone is doing what he's doing to players with unliked updated - forcing him. Bobo's vids about slaughtering towns forced Jason to add updates about posse, I think Jason was nervous that time.

And what happened after that? Updates with new content happens. Gush of new stuff, to the point of paved roads, cars and 'diesel oil'. I don't think he would be that much productive from 'working together'.

Gogo, you're a far more respectable person than Dodge and I'd much rather engage with you, than reply to the post I see they've just made as well, so I will. I, don't so much want to 'work' with Jason, as I don't have many skillsets I think he'd find useful in his line of 'work'. However, as a person, I would like to pick and plant in his head, regarding, as I said, our shared outlooks on the future. I know games, are... how do I put this, game projects/ideas/concepts can be coveted, in much the same way scripts for movies are. Remember the days when 1492's 500 year anniversary came around and every American film industry was eager to get their version of the story out? Or, when Armageddon and Deep Impact were released, or, Mission to Mars and The Red Planet... etc. These movies fought over a place in history, and with them, so too the corporations, directors and producers involved.

But I really don't care if my ideas are taken and interpreted by others. I'm okay with that. It's not the credit I'm after or the place in history, it's the result, that I want to see set in motion. So far Jason is the closest person I've been in contact with that I think may have some ability to see some of those ideas... just not die with me. Though I am aware that all the things that went into giving me such ideas, are out there in the world, I also recognize some unique things that may just be, only combined in the cake that is my head. I think I have some senses of solace that may help clear the dust, time and time again. I don't know how else to put it.

It's not even really about the game though, any future game, it's just more about me and him. I know everyone of you admires him for many reasons, and some of you... you may even dislike his practices more than I, but HE IS PRACTICING and that is more than I can say for myself most of the time.

Even if his games are small :} he has big ideas, and I want ... I want a friend too.
Someone I can relate to and find a reflection in. I'm a very selfish creature. smile

I don't know what might happen to me in the near future.
I'd like a moment, a time, where from then on I can remember what it was like for us to have shaken hands, or to have hugged one another and can remember each other from then on, with fonder memories than before.

That's all.

Then maybe we can make interesting games together, or whatever happens after that.

I just find it hard, to focus on some of the important things I feel I should be doing, which keep me away... things where I risk my life, my health and my future, when I consider the people responsible for what I've left behind. Even if they are just playing characters. They're still playing, and that's better than not being around anymore.

It's funny, demon expressed a concern to me that Jason was spending too much time on Twitter. I interpreted that far worse than what I saw there. He's just using the platform to share his work, at least, that's the way it appears on the surface. And that's all I have to go by.

#23 2020-08-17 17:26:50

Morti

Dodge wrote:

Life advice from you sounds great... maybe in a couple of years i'll enjoy watching people getting slaughtered too

I'm so sowy my words hurt your feewings sad

And dont give me that whole speech sure there's some disagrements and exchange of words sometimes on the forum but compared to other communities in the same field it's one of the less toxic ones, you should see the communities of some other games.

Also totally because of me and not you spamming the forums and then getting banned that you took a break...

I can think of plenty of other reasons why the forum has very little activity.

Morti wrote:

That shooting vid is just saved & shared for historic reasons.

"historic reasons" btw

You're very observant, Dodge.
Are you a woman?
I'm just asking for a friend.

#24 2020-08-17 19:39:10

Gogo
Banned

@Morti I like to read your posts, you seem passionate about what you're doing, even if you have problems irl, and your point of view is interesting, even if I'm not fully sharing it. My passion for this game has over, I started playing since october 2019.

I think your idea is worth trying, like 1h live stream every 2 weeks.

I also think I share with Jason more similarity than you, tho. You seems more about love, while Jason's appreciate how drama is important in our lives (I think drama is center of life, around which life forms can... well, form). I read some of my posts, I predicted some stuff:

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=8993
(kingdoms - homelands)

"People in groups - trustworthy. Without - exiles, griefers. Give a bonus to a group or/and some disadvantage to exiles."
"Anyways, rather than stop killing ideas etc. we need bonuses for good players and a leader should reward best villagers and mark the bad ones."

I was always against voting for leader, I wanted one leader - game picks him/her automatically now. I lost my passion, because game is now about 'trade', not wars as I wanted.

My predictions for future, or my wishes?

- Expand homeland idea within homelands, into town districts for all races. Mono-race towns are dull (no drama)
- If towns would die as often as now - books will give another value to dead towns. I looted many towns, but I remembered just one - in that town there was a room, full of notes. These notes contained some philosophical quotes, which I didn't even agree with either, but they gave me a special, melancholic feeling. So I was just walking there, soaking in that emotions.
- Religion wars. Make apocalypse a religious thing, that you can either speed up or stop by using family totems.

By 'friendly' live you mean something like that + Jason comments it and share his own view about it? Jason knows much, but I bet he never looted any dead town. big_smile

#25 2020-08-18 05:10:52

Morti

Dodge wrote:

I mean, since you mention it, why don't I?
You're all welcome to come and interact.
ALL of you.
https://www.twitch.tv/abitoftheuniverse

Board footer