One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-08-15 16:12:05

Morti

Remember

We are the only source of love for one another; people.
Love can come from no where else, but inside of us.

Pets, gods, NPCs, characters in stories - none of these truly compare to the love people can share with one another, for, each other.
No gift is greater, to give or receive.
Nothing, will change your life more,

Going from starving for it, to being sated with it, it's like being a balloon, swollen with helium, pressed against the ceiling.
It can make you feel gigantic, full of warm air, eager to take your friends and family up into the sky with you in a basket.
It may even make you feel like a rocket, full of fuel, engines lit, destined for the stars.

Some of you may think you have enough love in your life, that you don't need more.
You can have more.
You can always, have more.

Some may not understand the value of it, don't give up on them.

--

I can tell you right now, I am still not quite at the rocketship stage of love.
I'm somewhere between the helium balloon and, perhaps, a butterfly, or a small toy kite.
I see the strength of love though, to raise people up, to maintain flight, and perhaps, to escape from gravity - any gravity.

This is not to say I do not also appreciate the comfort of solid ground, the embrace of gravity or can't imagine the thrill, of falling into even the most massive of black holes.
Those experiences exist too. They exist, and, we should be allowed to experience them as well. Density, pressure, weight - they all come with their own rewards.
Falling... if you done right, you may survive. Some may even choose to take the risk, of falling, from the highest heights.
But how'd they get up there, you must wonder.
Love. It's the secret ingredient in the lives of the most successful people, of all walks of life.
They were loved. And if they're up there, they continue to be, loved.

You can be up there too.
I love you.

I love you.

#2 2020-08-15 19:49:15

Cantface

Re: Remember

Morti bringing the positivity and good vibes. Love it, I am here for it <3

Breasticles

#3 2020-08-15 20:22:27

Morti

Cantface wrote:

Morti bringing the positivity and good vibes. Love it, I am here for it <3

L3uHCie.png
<3

#4 2020-08-15 20:31:09

DiscardedSlinky
DubiousSlinker

Did you try LSD for the first time or something?

I'm Slinky and I hate it here.
I also /blush.

#5 2020-08-15 20:42:10

karltown_veteran

Thank you Morti. So important to remember that we are real people outside of the screen. Hope you are doing ok. How’s your health? Better than it was a year ago I hope.

.-.. .. ..-. . / .. ... / ... - .-. .- -. --. . .-.-.- / ... --- / .- -- / .. .-.-.-
ˆ ø˜ç´ ƒ®åµ´∂ å˜ ˆ˜˜øç∑˜† å˜∂ ©ø† å∑å¥ ∑ˆ†˙ ˆ†
he xnt bzm qdzc sghr, xnt zqd z enqlhczakd noonmdms
veteran of an OHOL town called Karltown. Not really a veteran and my names not Karl

#6 2020-08-15 21:46:25

Morti

DiscardedSlinky wrote:

Did you try LSD for the first time or something?

Just reminding people what's important in life.
Love you, Slinky, always good to see a familiar name.

#7 2020-08-15 23:51:13

Morti

karltown_veteran wrote:

Thank you Morti. So important to remember that we are real people outside of the screen. Hope you are doing ok. How’s your health? Better than it was a year ago I hope.

You're welcome, karltown. We have so much power, to make each other better than we can imagine, so much influence over one another. At least, we can. We can have great influence over one another. Why not use it to make each other better people? Why not remind each other that we care for each other? I don't know why we don't take advantage of this opportunity to, to remind one another that we care, that someone cares, more often.

As far as I know my health is good, I only notice the pains when I dwell on them, but even now, and for the last week or so, I haven't given them much mind, but, I've also been getting outside more, eating less, drinking less coffee and drinking more water, so, perhaps, these habits are helping. As for the things that aren't causing pain, but I know should be treated, I still won't be accepting any debt as a result of treatment. People managed for millions of years without hospitals, medicines or machines. I'll manage without them for as long as I can, like billions of other people do, everyday. It'll be fine. I accepted death a decade and a half ago. As long as it doesn't accept me, I'll continue looking in other directions. Enjoy life, and try to spend some time with people closest to you that are nearing the end of it. Remind them you haven't forgotten about them, that's all I can say. And may your friends and family do the same for you, for all of us.

#8 2020-08-16 05:09:51

karltown_veteran

I read your last message and my heart hurts for you Morti. It must be so scary to be sick. I can’t even imagine, because I’m young and healthy. I do have my share of problems though, I think I would be fine with anything as long as I was reassured it’s normal. As long as everyone else felt it too, if that makes sense.
I’m so glad you’re going outside. It’s not good for anyone to be cooped up in a room all day and I’m still working on going outside more myself.
I’ve been feeling like life is passing me by, like I’m not getting enough out of it. You ever feel like that?
Me and my cat send love and good wishes from Chicago.

Edit: Also I read your other post and Nascent seems like a good middle name for a child. I’m thinking Renee Nascent for first and middle name for a future daughter smile

Last edited by karltown_veteran (2020-08-16 05:12:37)

.-.. .. ..-. . / .. ... / ... - .-. .- -. --. . .-.-.- / ... --- / .- -- / .. .-.-.-
veteran of an OHOL town called Karltown. Not really a veteran and my names not Karl

#9 2020-08-17 17:42:28

Morti

One of these days karl (I know your name's not karl, take it as an abbr. for karltown_veteran) we're going to have a meetup in the midwest for all the most diehard One Life players and when that day comes... I was going to say we should see who's liver is healthier. big_smile Though I'd be happy to challenge you via the hotel's nearest liquor store's supply. But that's probably not a healthy way to have a good meetup. Maybe one of these days I can come down there and visit you and your cat and we can all drink some milk together and chase small animals around the house.
<3

Good health, karl.
Good health, to you, your feline and your family.
May we all, meet, under the stars.

#10 2020-08-17 22:39:16

karltown_veteran

Everyone always calls me Karl haha. My name's actually Anna.

Unfortunately I can't compare livers while drinking liquor, being a teenager and therefore a minor.

Good health to you!

#11 2020-08-21 00:04:26

Morti

karltown_veteran wrote:

Everyone always calls me Karl haha. My name's actually Anna.

Unfortunately I can't compare livers while drinking liquor, being a teenager and therefore a minor.

Good health to you!

Thank you Anna. It means a lot to me, coming from a younger person, that you wish me good health.
I don't know how much that will change my unhealthy behavior, but I can see it giving me a second thought when presented with the options to partake in them. Unlike Chicago, I live in a small town, in northeast Michigan. These are the sorts of things I see in my front yard, on a regular basis.
rW4VEnq.png

I like being up here. I have lived in Grand Rapids and Indianapolis, but there is a blend, of nature and humanity, of dark skies and street lights, that I associate with home. I've never been to Chicago, but I imagine the proximity to Lake Michigan would make it feel a little more like home than say, Indianapolis did.
I think if I were to ever find myself in Chicago, I would be drawn to Urbana; to the Fermilab. It's a place I imagined working as a young teenager, back when I was torn between the areas of particle physics and cosmology, eventually settling on the grander scale of things and teaching astronomy. I think the decision for the government to fund the repair of the Hubble space telescope and to cease funding on the construction of the Superconducting Super Collider, also played a role in my own decision there. I wish we, as a nation, had done both.

I suppose I assumed you were a male in your early twenties, good to know you are younger and, will, see even more of the future from this point on, all things considered. Maybe this game and this community, will stand the test of time, and maybe, maybe we can still have a convention someday, even if it isn't a 'conventional' type of gathering. Maybe we can just meet in a park or in a public space and share stories; our best memories of our experiences, in game, or, as a result of the game. Maybe a panel as a part of a larger convention?

Who knows?

Who knows what the future may have in store for people who stick around and stand the test of time. I know few people see the comparison, but I am regularly reminded of my time and experience with game's like Dwarf Fortress when I think of games like this; that exist on this scale. I'm not sure if this game will persist the way DF has. I'm not sure there is enough here, without people to enjoy it with; the best experiences being so dependent on the existence of others. It's really hard to say for sure but until the future comes, we are free to imagine the possibilities.

And manifest them, if we are so willing.

Board footer