One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-04-22 01:05:10

Lily

Most Relaxing Eve Game Ever

No one can seem to get cities going now, decay, harder farming, everyone struggling to survive. Yet among all that I had the easiest, most relaxing game yet, as an Eve. Through random luck I came across paradise, a 5x5 screen area that had like 30 cactus. I knew right then that I would give up farming carrot and farm cactus. I had just arrive so the cactus were at the start of their life cycle so I had to go forge in the near by forest.

Soon enough however, the cactus bloomed and the fruit appeared. I raised three children at my cactus farm. I didn't make any tools, didn't look for soil or water, ran around naked. Food was easy to get and plentiful. I had enough free time I began just laying the fruit out all over the area. Though some of my children started making tools and starting working a carrot farm. Though that was just their hobbies.

Sadly my 4th child was born late in life and I couldn't breast feed her. I decided to leave the desert to feed her from a near by bush but a bear got me. Even if it is a bit of a waste to feed a baby cactus fruit, I should of just done that. We had more than enough. If I ever come across that many cactus again, I am definitely going to become a cactus farmer again.

#2 2018-04-22 01:42:55

Ferraus

Re: Most Relaxing Eve Game Ever

I have had the same issue, I have not seen a city once. All my births have been eves or their children. I like your idea of cactus farming. The temp would also help you burn less food. I'm gonna give it ago.

#3 2018-04-22 02:05:38

Lily

I was actually just playing again and I was a boy and my mother ran off and or died. I was at a nice spot with like four cactus and 6 or 7 bushes near by to help supplement them. It wasn't the paradise my other location was, but for a person all by them self, it was sufficient. I skipped farming and went right to metal working. Sadly I got disconnected and died, though I was just about to complete my smiting hammer at age 36. I definitely could have gotten a set of most of the tools before I died had I not disconnected, all while avoiding farming.

#4 2018-04-22 03:41:24

FibreFlim

It seems that the decay system has lead many to live a nomadic lifestyle. Every since the update, every time I spawn, I'm either in a failing farming society, i'm left to die, or me and my mother simply walk around looking for food. I've always wanted to do a nomadic game with horses and carts and the like, but my scenario doesn't really emulate that well.

"Life sucks, and then you die."
-Vinesauce Joel

#5 2018-04-22 04:51:58

Lily

Did the fruit farming thing again. Found a huge desert with like 15 cactus near each other then many more a little further away. I didn't have any children there, so was alone with my 50 fruit laying on the ground. I made a big sigh spelling out Hi with flat rocks and made a long pathway using stones leading to it in case anyone runs by.

Would of made the path even longer but sadly, I got disconnected from the game again at age 46. At this point I think the problem isn't the decay system but that so many people get randomly disconnected all the time.

#6 2018-04-22 05:29:02

sammoh

FibreFlim wrote:

It seems that the decay system has lead many to live a nomadic lifestyle. Every since the update, every time I spawn, I'm either in a failing farming society, i'm left to die, or me and my mother simply walk around looking for food. I've always wanted to do a nomadic game with horses and carts and the like, but my scenario doesn't really emulate that well.

I have fleshed out some of the nomad aspects of the game, check 2HOL discord channel #guide for info.

Two Hours, One Life - a curated OHOL server with heavy modifications.

Discord:     https://discord.gg/atEgxm7
Address:          https://github.com/frankvalentine/clients

#7 2018-04-22 13:35:03

Opedoll

Lily wrote:

No one can seem to get cities going now, decay, harder farming, everyone struggling to survive. Yet among all that I had the easiest, most relaxing game yet, as an Eve. Through random luck I came across paradise, a 5x5 screen area that had like 30 cactus. I knew right then that I would give up farming carrot and farm cactus. I had just arrive so the cactus were at the start of their life cycle so I had to go forge in the near by forest.

Soon enough however, the cactus bloomed and the fruit appeared. I raised three children at my cactus farm. I didn't make any tools, didn't look for soil or water, ran around naked. Food was easy to get and plentiful. I had enough free time I began just laying the fruit out all over the area. Though some of my children started making tools and starting working a carrot farm. Though that was just their hobbies.

Sadly my 4th child was born late in life and I couldn't breast feed her. I decided to leave the desert to feed her from a near by bush but a bear got me. Even if it is a bit of a waste to feed a baby cactus fruit, I should of just done that. We had more than enough. If I ever come across that many cactus again, I am definitely going to become a cactus farmer again.

The almighty rumored Cactus God has blessed you!

#8 2018-04-22 13:54:16

paxpython

Lily wrote:

At this point I think the problem isn't the decay system but that so many people get randomly disconnected all the time.

Agree.
I don't think its random
I keep trying just to die at 14 or 43.
Most posts I've read say they die at around those ages to.
I don't even care about decay any more.
I just want to live a full life without having a sudden heart attack.

#9 2018-04-22 16:22:48

JS

I LOVE YOUR IDEA.
IT'S PERFECT. XD
REALLY EFFICIENT.

Last edited by JS (2018-04-22 16:28:03)

#10 2018-04-22 17:11:31

JS

1. I AM THREE YEARS OLD, WHEN MY EVE MOM DIED.
I RUN TO THE DESERT, AND STAY THERE. 
I CAN SURVIVE.
DESERT IS PERFECT FOR SINGLE FAMILY.
BUT 15 YEARS OLD, I LOST CONNECT.

2. WHEN I WAS EVE, WITH TWO BABIES, FAMILY CAN SURVIVE IN DESERT.
(EXCEPT RUN BABY) FIVE BABY GROW.

IT'S NOT GOOD PLACE FOR FARM.
BUT GOOD PLACE FOR SURVIVE.

MY BABIES GO AROUND.
I GUESS, THEY WANT FIND BETTER PLACE.
OR
BECAUSE I DON'T GIVE UP BABIES, THEY THINK FOOD IS NOT ENOUGH.

I HAVE DESERT AND SOME BERRY.
WHILE I BUILD HOME SLOWLY, CACTUS FRUIT IS OVERFLOW.

EXCEPT ONE ADULT DOUGHTER, I CAN'T SEE MY CHILDREN.
(SHE HAS CONTRIBUTE FOR FAMILY. SMART AND NICE.)
BUT SOMETIMES ONE OR TWO CACTUS FRUIT  DISAPPEAR, LOCATION OF ITEM IS MODIFIED.

I MADE ADOBE KILN, ADOBE BOWL, PLATE, NOZZLE, BELLOWS.
(I FOUND ONE WATER POUCH. A SENIOR EVE MADE THAT.)

I DID PREPARE BLACK SMITH SHOP FOR MY STEALTH FAMILY, BUT STONE HATHET DISAPPEAR.

IT IS VERY VERY SLOW LIFE.
AT LEAST, FIVE KIDS GOT THEIR HAIR.
NO ONE STARVE.
(EVEN IF THEY MOVE NEW HOME.
AS MOM, MY DUTY IS FULL ENOUGH. LOL)

TOMORROW, I WILL WORK MORE FAST.
I'LL MAKE A KNIFE FOR A SNAKE. (NOT FARM)

Last edited by JS (2018-04-22 17:24:06)

#11 2018-04-22 17:59:10

Gomez

Cactus farming the new meta.  Using a warm tile on the edge to raise children an Eve can sustain off 4-5 cactus.

#12 2018-04-22 22:10:31

Lily

Yeah first priority is getting a knife so you can kill any snakes around. By skipping farming, it actually isn't that difficult getting metal tools, since you are saving a lot of time.

When all these connection issues get resolved, I really want to try to start a desert city based around fruit farming. Which by the way,  you can't accidentally kill cactus and mess everything up, so a fruit city is newbie proof.

Board footer