One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-07-24 13:15:44

Spoonwood

60 Seconds What a Joke: Issue #648 Not Fixed

I mean, it's easy to imagine that no other weapon is around when the first murder happens.  A weapon might have to get made from scratch.  Something like 10 minutes would make more sense.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#2 2020-07-24 14:59:35

DiscardedSlinky
DubiousSlinker

Re: 60 Seconds What a Joke: Issue #648 Not Fixed

10 mins???? You're crazy. Last thing we need is more opportunities for murder chains

I'm Slinky and I hate it here.
I also /blush.

#3 2020-07-24 15:17:53

Lava

Uneducated complaints from someone who rarely if ever plays on big server if the game at all.

#4 2020-07-24 16:09:48

Booklat1

Lava wrote:

Uneducated complaints from someone who rarely if ever plays on big server if the game at all.

spoon should just stick this at all his posts at this point. Remember when he thought potatoes were good even though they were literally the worst food long term?

Though I can't blame him for wanting this game fixed more than he wants to play it. The game is looking good with the new content which is why I even was curious enough to check the forums but it's just not worth it

#5 2020-07-24 18:15:06

Spoonwood

Lava wrote:

This situation is pretty simple to think through.  You're in an Eve camp.  Like literally Eve or child of Eve.  And I mean without finding a town, you're all starting from scratch.  Someone kills someone else, possibly through someone from another family coming to your place.  Are you able to make a bow and arrow in a minute and use it in that scenario?

No?

Then a minute is too short.

Danish Clinch.

#6 2020-07-24 18:17:43

Spoonwood

Booklat1 wrote:
Lava wrote:

spoon should just stick this at all his posts at this point. Remember when he thought potatoes were good even though they were literally the worst food long term?

They weren't the worst food long term back then, because people didn't suffer iron shortages long term, as was clear by diesel engines and oil rigs getting made when neither of them came as needed long term.  I stand by what I said there.  You saying that potatoes were bad then shows that you didn't understand the iron situation.  Most people didn't, since lack of iron wouldn't cause fertility problems, though lack of yum could.

Danish Clinch.

#7 2020-07-25 04:10:34

Coconut Fruit

Spoonwood wrote:

Someone kills someone else, possibly through someone from another family coming to your place.

Don't forget that first kill needs to be done through exiling. 10 minutes thing would be really bad... Well, griefers would like it I guess.

Making own private server (Very easy! You can play on it even if you haven't bought the game)
Zoom mod
Mini guide for beginners
website with all recipies

#8 2020-07-25 04:56:07

TheRubyCart

Spoonwood wrote:

I mean, it's easy to imagine that no other weapon is around when the first murder happens.  A weapon might have to get made from scratch.  Something like 10 minutes would make more sense.

I dont mind if it gets extended, maybe 2 or 2.5 minutes, maybe a far stretch like 3, but ten? damn, That's 1/6 of a person's life, innocent people could get murdered, maybe this could have a small chance in a eve camp, but this would be unacceptable for more modern families, imagine, there's so many weapons, there would be lots of people stabbing eachother, I mean, I didnt mind when there was no posse requirement, but if we have a posse system, then why disregard it for the old rules, I mean, this could potentially lead to family civil wars if we adopted it for ten minutes, so no, maybe it's slightly too short, but 10 minutes is definitely waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to long

You are amazing, you are loved, and have a good day to whoever might read this <3

Board footer