One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-04-21 21:32:17

paxpython

The power of love

I was born to an Eve. I was a boy.
She picked me up and started searching for food.
I was happy she didn't let me die.
After a while a bell rang.
My mother asked - "You heard that?"
"Yes" - I replied.
Then my mother started running East. Always East.
We crossed deserts and ice, dodged bears and wolfs.
We walked for many moons. I had grown along the way, and my mother had grey hair.
When we finally arrive to our destination, there is a person to receive us with pies and clothes.
We give our baskets with cacti fruit. It was all we had.
We started to live in the city then. I helped in the farm and my mother took to being a baker.
When I became an adult I met a girl with no relation. We started talking and decide to get married.
It was great. We went a little bit North and started building a small house (It was a wooden floor, but it was a house to us).
We start gathering food while I helping around the farm and my old mother baking pies.
Soon the babies started popping. We had one girl and one boy. I built a fire to keep the babies warm.
We named the girl after my mother and the boy after me.
One day I decide to leave the farm and become a wolf hunter to get my son and daughter some cool hats.
The farmer agreed, since we had carrots and pies to spare.
I started packing a cart when my wife came to me and told me we couldn't be together any more.

"WHY?" - I asked
"I just don't feel it any more"

Then I died.
A connection had been lost.

#2 2018-04-21 22:19:54

Artarda

Re: The power of love

i crai evry tiem

#3 2018-04-21 23:01:31

Fran

paxpython wrote:

I was born to an Eve. I was a boy.
She picked me up and started searching for food.
I was happy she didn't let me die.
After a while a bell rang.
My mother asked - "You heard that?"
"Yes" - I replied.
Then my mother started running East. Always East.
We crossed deserts and ice, dodged bears and wolfs.
We walked for many moons. I had grown along the way, and my mother had grey hair.
When we finally arrive to our destination, there is a person to receive us with pies and clothes.
We give our baskets with cacti fruit. It was all we had.
We started to live in the city then. I helped in the farm and my mother took to being a baker.
When I became an adult I met a girl with no relation. We started talking and decide to get married.
It was great. We went a little bit North and started building a small house (It was a wooden floor, but it was a house to us).
We start gathering food while I helping around the farm and my old mother baking pies.
Soon the babies started popping. We had one girl and one boy. I built a fire to keep the babies warm.
We named the girl after my mother and the boy after me.
One day I decide to leave the farm and become a wolf hunter to get my son and daughter some cool hats.
The farmer agreed, since we had carrots and pies to spare.
I started packing a cart when my wife came to me and told me we couldn't be together any more.

"WHY?" - I asked
"I just don't feel it any more"

Then I died.

Just like real life. I was very happy to be on a server with just 3 people. It was first only me on the bare land, and right after a child popped. I called him Nox. We traveled north and found us a very nice town. I had a prodigy 2nd daughter, named Jane. We had it good there. We found us clothes and there were already pies in there to last us a lifetime. Jane made a cart and a deep well, several steel tools and even got us a horse and hitched it to a fence. When I got too old I told my children I didn't wanted them to see me die, so I tried to run away and they both went behind me with food telling me I would only die of old age and that they would not leave me to die alone out in the woods like some savage. They made me cry irl. I popped out of Jane right after. It was a miracle. We played together for some good 4 hours. We got a very special bond going. And we would always be mom, Nox and Jane. Best run ever.

Last edited by Fran (2018-04-23 00:29:17)

#4 2018-04-22 03:54:25

FibreFlim

paxpython wrote:

I always imagined that your player just has a heart attack or a stroke when you lose connection, just to keep things realistic. But in this case, you very well could've died of pure grief.

"Life sucks, and then you die."
-Vinesauce Joel

#5 2018-04-22 05:46:53

Laika

Oooh I was Jane!

That was such a great run... making my mom's death as sad as possible, flirting with my brother... ah, memories.

I'll always remember you fondly, mom.

#6 2018-04-22 11:01:45

Fran

Laika wrote:

Oooh I was Jane!

That was such a great run... making my mom's death as sad as possible, flirting with my brother... ah, memories.

I'll always remember you fondly, mom.

that's right, you were flirting with your brother!! no wonder you had me as a child... makes sense! lol I'm so glad I found you back yet again, my dear daughter!

Last edited by Fran (2018-04-23 00:33:52)

#7 2018-04-22 15:05:45

JackStuds

paxpython wrote:

It was great. We went a little bit North and started building a small house...

YO! I think that's a solid way to play this game: pairing off and building a small, sustainable life together.

#8 2018-04-22 16:54:18

qimunanxiong

I am a chinese.
My English is awful.
This comes from Google Translate.XD
I was born. You had nothing at the time, but you did not abandon me.
You didn't give me a name.You just say fucking connection lost.I say me too!
However, we found a food-rich land.
We started from scratch and gradually grew step by step.
We have carrot, we have fires, we have rabbits.
When I was amazed after a busy moment, I was already bald and you were already bald.
I stopped,say "oh you are old"
you say "i am olllllllllld"
Then you said a lot, I only understood a few.
You said I was the best son.
But do you know? You are the best mother.
You also said that next time we want to develop better.
The legacy you gave me was only a backpack, but I was very touched and I carried it on my death.
Do you know?
After you died, there was a woman and a child.
I told her that it was all for them. And she promised me that she will continue to develop.
I introduced you to her and told her that when I die, I must be buried with you.
Before I died, there was probably one adult woman and three children who could work.
I believe they can develop very well.
I don't know if you can see what I wrote.
But I will always remember you.
:)

#9 2018-04-22 17:13:13

Nimue

this all so sweet, im crying guys... what could be more romantic or realistic then divorce?

Board footer