One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-07-04 01:09:36

OneOfMany

"Bless You" - Bizarro Curse

How about a "Bless You" command that makes it more likely you play with that person and gives them a speech bubble like cursing(but a different color), so you know who they are... thoughts?

I am a dirty, dirty roleplayer. I roleplay in the game, sometimes on the forum and if I'm being honest, a bit in real life. I can't help myself. I'm a dirty, dirty roleplayer. Don't hate the player, hate the game. smile

#2 2020-07-04 07:32:51

Arcurus

Re: "Bless You" - Bizarro Curse

since we have curses, it would be good to have blessings...

I think it would be not so a nice feature to see the name of the person, since the goal is that you seen him her as new, but a general marking as blessed or cursed could be fine, so you know better who to trust or not to trust.

Blessings could simply mark the person with a blue color or something and reduce the general curse radius.

Like also that you then reward people who do something good for the village.

If some thing is possible in a negative way, it should be possible also in a possitive way. This would also encourage possitive interactions.

Last edited by Arcurus (2020-07-04 07:34:09)

#3 2020-07-04 11:19:31

Lum

Blessings have been asked for for months if not years. If it didn't happen then, I doubt it will happen now.

ign: summerstorm, they/them

#4 2020-07-04 11:49:41

Starknight_One

Lum wrote:

Blessings have been asked for for months if not years. If it didn't happen then, I doubt it will happen now.

Definitely years. People were asking for them when I joined, and it hasn't stopped since. But Jason doesn't like 'magic' in his game (unless he thinks of it first).

#5 2020-07-04 12:05:29

Arcurus

Lum wrote:

finally we got forgiveness some weeks ago, who knows what we get in the future

#6 2020-07-04 16:23:38

Coconut Fruit

Bad idea.

Making own private server (Very easy! You can play on it even if you haven't bought the game)
Zoom mod
Mini guide for beginners
website with all recipies

#7 2020-07-04 18:04:34

Cantface

I would love something like this but it could be a bad idea I agree especially if you add 'more likely to be born together' into the mix.

Breasticles

#8 2020-07-04 20:35:15

DestinyCall

I think it would be pretty simple to implement.  Make it work exactly opposite of cursing.   

When you bless someone, they can see your unique "blessing" name in blue/white, so they are able to identify you more easily in future lives (but you do not see their name, unless they choose to bless you in return).    And you are more likely to be born as their child in a future life.   Blessed mothers get priority over available mothers who are not blessed.  Curses take priority over blessings, so if you bless someone, but they curse you, the curse wins.  You will not be born to them.  But if you bless them and they do not curse you, then you are more likely to be born to them.

So if you find someone you really enjoy playing with, you can bless them, so you can play together in a future life.    And if someone has blessed you, then you can tell who they are and know them if you meet again. 

Cursing someone you have previously blessed removes the blessing.  Blessing someone that you have previously cursed removes the curse.    You have to curse/bless a second time to make it stick.   You only get one token at a time, to be used for blessing or cursing, so you'd want to use them sparingly, only on people who really deserve it.

#9 2020-07-05 00:25:04

Solbusaur

I could see this being used to stream snipe. If everyone blessed a streamer by watching their stream and knowing their name, they'd be able to find them in every game (If they were born into the same family to bless them first). When you curse someone, you're prevented from meeting them. Being born more often to that target allows griefers to mess up their life, and the victim only has one curse token to use at a time for each stream sniper

Favourite Lives: MrDryer/ChirpChapley (Eva II) Town Nurse (Beth Storm) Ma's Best Li'l Helper (Law Autry), The Latex Lord (Kevin Youree), 60 Years a Blacksmith (Victoire Mom) The Egglord's Apprentice (Thomas II), Big Blood Brother (Dante), Horse racer on doomsday (Lilly Tana)
Profile Picture by MultiLife

#10 2020-07-06 07:31:19

Arcurus

yea blessings should not reveal the true name. Its ok if all you blessed are marked.

Board footer