One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-06-30 12:39:00

Don Holm

Technology gap

We have a diesel engine, but most of the tools we use are so primitive, in this thread I'm representing the problems with the solution next to it
P for problems, and S for solution
1. P: Fire bow for starting fire ------>S: Any device that ignites kindling
2. P: Clay bowl for watering crops ------>S: Watering Can
3. P: Clay bowls for storing "seeds" ------>S: Bags for seeds
4. P: Papers that you can only write on one sentence? ------> S: Books/Diaries
5. P: Obtaining cut stone is long painful process ------> S: Device for mining cut stone

#2 2020-06-30 16:42:24

DestinyCall

Re: Technology gap

Indoor heating option other than giant open fire on a wood floor.

#3 2020-06-30 18:34:46

DrRoy

Yeah, I also would love to see the technology gap closed.
Stones, sharp stones and Flint chips could also be replaced in older towns, they are still prominently used for farming, baking, skinning. And there is not really a reason not to use them
Also hot coals
Also flat stones for smithing or bait or cooking
Also hunting rabbits - no way to domesticate

And I would love to have some animals dedicated to help with the work in some other way than transportation

#4 2020-07-01 08:01:19

JonySky
Website

I have always believed that the introduction of cars and planes was a big mistake in this game
When the car and the plane were implemented, I started to be disappointed with the development in OHOL because I understood that the developer is not going to follow an evolutionary logic and the magic solutions would start (and it was)
Our civilization has evolved in a logical and orderly way, OHOL should follow the same steps and create the objects in an orderly way
Now we have a messy game full of "forced magic": we cook in a fireplace, but we can drive a car or a plane, this is not logical
I would remove these objects (car and plane, even the radio)
and create objects more typical of the time

#5 2020-07-01 11:19:05

Arcurus

sounds like great ideas!

DrRoy wrote:

Yeah, I also would love to see the technology gap closed.
Stones, sharp stones and Flint chips could also be replaced in older towns, they are still prominently used for farming, baking, skinning. And there is not really a reason not to use them
Also hot coals
Also flat stones for smithing or bait or cooking
Also hunting rabbits - no way to domesticate

And I would love to have some animals dedicated to help with the work in some other way than transportation

maybe a good reason to not use them would be to give a small change that they brake and or make the interaction take 1 sec time, just a small nerf to encourage the use of better tools that dont come from stone age.

#6 2020-07-02 18:17:16

mrbah

in many ways, a cook will actually often use the knife they have on them over a sharp rock, but to grind flour, they still use a round rock, right? what about an option to grind an entire bucket of grain into flour with advanced tech?

#7 2020-07-03 00:23:35

Laskara

yeah i agree about this it makes the game feel weird. There should tech upgrades for the kitchen etc and a benefit to using them honestly. We make all the parts for the car and radio in an adobe kiln, I get that we're rebuilding society and not building it for the first time but...

#8 2020-07-03 00:48:52

Karrots

Fireplace instead of open fires, maybe.

#9 2020-07-03 01:37:24

Guy

It is quite jarring, There's a few technologies that should have more uses. We actually have electricity in the game but it's only used for one obscure item. Same with the engine to some extent.

Board footer