One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-06-28 07:10:57

Gogo
Banned

Ideas how to make leadership even better

I didn't play yesterday, so I avoided crashes after update. While people scores were dropping, mine stay intact and now I'm in better position. smile So I became a leader, I like it and I have some thoughts about how to improve it.

1. coronation - Leader after becoming an alder (I think 55 yr) could get info who will become next leader. If currect leader is wearing a crown, he/she can pass it to next one. That's how crowns can be seen as real insignia of power, not just decoration.

Gold can be use for something else, not just crowns and bells.

2. leader's property - As I mentioned before, there should be command 'Leader own this' and the property gate will be pass to next leaders.

3. abdication - If you don't wanna be a leader, don't have time or will to search for good player to follow, and don't wanna lose gene score (also don't wanna fucked up others score) - type /abdicate

Last edited by Gogo (2020-06-28 07:50:09)

#2 2020-06-28 07:23:55

merryllamax

Re: Ideas how to make leadership even better

Sounds good!

#3 2020-06-28 07:59:58

Arcurus

sounds nice.

The next possible leader could be always marked as price or princess.

To get rid of an evil leader more easy this price could have already some part of the auto followers.

If the leader dies, the price becomes leader and a new prince is chosen.

With the gates, yea leader gates would be great.

Gates could have a third state which would allies allow by default to pass them, this would make them much more useful to protect against outsiders.

Just in this case we would have to fix that some one can join without an confirmation. Maybe something like an two side agreement is needed. Like "i follow you" and "I welcome you" from the leader site.

#4 2020-06-28 08:11:42

Gogo
Banned

Arcurus wrote:

Good thought. But we have to keep in mind that griefers would also know. Maybe prince/princess shouldn't be visible without being inside a hierarchy? For followers - /prince /princess to check who it is. And of course for outsiders:

Arcurus wrote:

Maybe something like an two side agreement is needed. Like "i follow you" and "I welcome you" from the leader site.

And for coronation, backpack full of knives or bow is also a thing that I wanted to give to future leader.

Question, did griefers recently killed a town using a leadership, because I didn't saw anything like that?

Last edited by Gogo (2020-06-28 08:14:58)

#5 2020-06-28 09:21:10

Arcurus

Gogo wrote:
Arcurus wrote:

Good thought. But we have to keep in mind that griefers would also know. Maybe prince/princess shouldn't be visible without being inside a hierarchy? For followers - /prince /princess to check who it is. And of course for outsiders:

Question, did griefers recently killed a town using a leadership, because I didn't saw anything like that?

why princess should not be visible?

i did only once experience an evil leader. that was quite some time now ago. But im also in a different time zone. generally towns seem to live quite long currently.

#6 2020-06-28 09:42:07

Coconut Fruit

I like 2 the most - property only for leaders. I'm sure some people will like 3 too.
1 is not necessary IMO, since the only use from this would be passing the crown... And maybe following the next leader right away which actually would solve 3.

Making own private server (Very easy! You can play on it even if you haven't bought the game)
Zoom mod
Mini guide for beginners
website with all recipies

#7 2020-06-28 10:43:41

Arcurus

Coconut Fruit wrote:

I like 2 the most - property only for leaders. I'm sure some people will like 3 too.
1 is not necessary IMO, since the only use from this would be passing the crown... And maybe following the next leader right away which actually would solve 3.

having a price (1) would not only allow to pass stuff to your successor,  if would mean also you have a second person that can exile or order stuff in case the leader is not there. You can also pass other instructions and teach him if needed.

Last edited by Arcurus (2020-06-28 10:44:22)

#8 2020-06-28 12:30:32

Gogo
Banned

Yes, prince / princess should be able to exile, only if leader is not at home.

Arcurus wrote:

I thought about it more and changed my mind, they should be visible to everyone. What if heir can bound with heir from another family? We can have kid/s from other races in our families. Who's not missing more races in towns, because I do. We can use peace/war mechanics for it, remove that commands from elders and give it to leaders/heirs. Also, as male leader you can treat your heir as your child, so we would finally have some fathers in game.

Last edited by Gogo (2020-06-28 13:45:55)

#9 2020-06-28 20:28:46

Arcurus

Gogo wrote:

Yes, prince / princess should be able to exile, only if leader is not at home.

Arcurus wrote:

I thought about it more and changed my mind, they should be visible to everyone. What if heir can bound with heir from another family? We can have kid/s from other races in our families. Who's not missing more races in towns, because I do. We can use peace/war mechanics for it, remove that commands from elders and give it to leaders/heirs. Also, as male leader you can treat your heir as your child, so we would finally have some fathers in game.

lol, dont let that hear Spoonwood...

yes, commands should go from elders to leaders, not even sure what it exactly does.... dont think there should be any need to declare war, just have a good combat system plus useful fences ...

Last edited by Arcurus (2020-06-28 20:29:56)

#10 2020-06-29 11:04:15

Gogo
Banned

Arcurus wrote:

dont think there should be any need to declare war

Me too. Only reason would be fight for resources, attack and take instead of trade or ask for. Kill their leader so you can have access to their property and their biome (but that means towns should be always placed next to right biomes).

For peace - declare peace, so next 1-3 kids in family would be from another race, so one visit (or one visitor) can be very efficient, no need to go to other towns so often.

And these declarations should end after, like, generation or two.

But I consider this as off-topic. big_smile I don't think Jason would touch war/peace mechanics for some time.

I welcome some other ideas about leadership.

Last edited by Gogo (2020-06-29 11:05:15)

#11 2020-07-02 03:35:36

Gogo
Banned

About crown cosmetics. What if crowns can be shaped only with stuff from special biomes?

1. snakes (for desert people)

2. fishes (for gingers)

3. bananas/mangos (for junglers) <but they're easy to get, and the point is to wear a crown that was crafted from hard-to-get item>

4. from another biome for whites

Last edited by Gogo (2020-07-02 03:39:04)

Board footer