One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-06-27 03:59:28

antking:]#

New foods and new cravings

While this update won't include the long a waited for beef it brings new things to on the table, literally:

as now you can interact with objects placed on a table, some examples of this would be, using a knife to cut bread, filling a pie with a bowl, or putting beans on a stack of cooked tortillas, and then not needing to take the plate of burritos of the table to grab one, you might be saying Antking that is not useful, but it is as instead of needing three tiles with plates to make three pies you would only need one tile a table with three plates on it, this also applies to the lesser used lab table, which will make doing chemistry a lot faster

Now the next part of this update introduces us to cravings, a player will get a craving for a certain food giving you 2* the yum multiplier (example if you have a yum Multiplier of 8 and you eat a food you are craving it will jump to 10)  however you might want to hold on your urges, as for every HOUR that passes this bones multiplier will go up by one (from 2 to 3 to 4) but you might be asking "Hay Antking this is ONE HOUR one life how is this craving growth important?" well it is quite simple if a mother has a craving for X and doesn't satisfy that craving all her childeren will all crave X  so basically ever generation the craving will grow

an example of this being important is if a black fam, gets the craving for ice cream, and after 40 generations some ginger brings a bowl, their craving multiply would be through the roof

Now the final part of this update is some new food option... 5 new foods to be exact
- garlic shrimp 9*4 pips
- peppered shrimp 9*4 pips
- mutton with dry rub 8 pips

Personal opinion 
Levels 7 of opinion: (please remove from the game, LOL,  good but needs some work, OK, Fantastic, OHOL Life will never be the same)

being able to work on a table top / Fantastic
giving us more tiles to work on thing and making it easer to mass produce certain recipes

Craving/ Fantastic
Gives motivation for us to make food that are rarely used/seen (pickles, ice-cream , meat rub ext)

New foods/ OK

Last edited by antking:]# (2020-06-27 04:02:39)

"hear how the wind begins to whisper, but now it screams at me" said ashe
"I remember it from a Life I never Lived" said Peaches
"Now Chad don't invest in Asian markets" said Chad's Mom
Herry the man who cheated death

#2 2020-06-27 11:01:51

sigmen4020

Re: New foods and new cravings

I like the cravings system. It gives incentive to pursue more difficult foods while not nerfing any other aspects of the game to do it. I hope he adopts this type of philosophy when implementing new mechanics in the future.

For the time being, I think we have enough content.

#3 2020-06-27 11:52:01

Guy

I like that we'll be seeing more of the lesser used foods popping up in towns. Upgrade for tables is nice too, Crowded bakeries was always a big first world problem.

Personally looking forward to more tech, He mentioned  oil byproducts recently. So I'm fairly certain next update will be that.

#4 2020-06-28 07:20:40

Gogo
Banned

Don't you think this craving info, the one in game above food meter, is too big?? (I use awbz mod)

Last edited by Gogo (2020-06-28 07:40:41)

Board footer