One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-06-04 07:25:05

Coconut Fruit

What is wrong with you, people?

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … front_page
Only 64 generations in longest family line last 7 days, other "long" families died at about 45 generation.

These are so noobish scores... Why are people so bad?

We did about 180 generations last month, and now we are nowhere close to that...

Making own private server (Very easy! You can play on it even if you haven't bought the game)
Zoom mod
Mini guide for beginners
website with all recipies

#2 2020-06-04 07:35:34

Crumpaloo

Re: What is wrong with you, people?

You gotta make alot of assumptions to take the data at face value, so many factors involved in how long a family lasts, most out of your average players hands so its hard to blame any one person for any kind of falter.

1,280 pips just by Making Pork Tacos, Possible 2,500 pips just by hunting turkeys, and yet, somehow, yall still eating berries, bruh.

#3 2020-06-04 07:38:19

JackTreehorn

It's based on luck most of the time. I just played a life where we had enough food and I had to look after a lady in a coma to get a baby of the next generation. Towns usually die when the player count drops.

Eve Audette

#4 2020-06-04 07:45:59

Crumpaloo

JackTreehorn wrote:

It's based on luck most of the time. I just played a life where we had enough food and I had to look after a lady in a coma to get a baby of the next generation. Towns usually die when the player count drops.

Another thing ive noticed pretty dumb is how big towns can absorb all the servers babies, for a ton of reasons:

1. Higher number of Yum foods - More % of babies

2. More Clothing - More % of babies

3. Higher Population - More women to have a % of having a baby

4. Appeal - Bigger towns attract people for alot of reasons

1,280 pips just by Making Pork Tacos, Possible 2,500 pips just by hunting turkeys, and yet, somehow, yall still eating berries, bruh.

#5 2020-06-04 08:03:54

fug

It could literally be anything.

Maybe the town sucks?

The lineage was white too which (likely) has an increased sid rate.

Maybe people were lazy.

Maybe the people were new.

Maybe they were griefed and no one wanted to fix stuff.

Maybe the died off at low pop hours.

Anything and everything can lead to town death.

Worlds oldest SID baby.

#6 2020-06-04 08:51:56

Coconut Fruit

Whatever, no family survived 7 days after the food changes. 7 days would be about 400-500 generations I think. That's a lot.

Crumpaloo, points 1, 2 and 3 aren't true since birth distribution mechanic works a bit different. If there is no weak family (very few fertile girls), then a baby has the same chance to be born in any family, no matter how many fertile womans there are. And then when the fam is randomly choosen, a fertile woman with highest yum/temperature within that family will have the highest chance to get that kid.

I think most families die due to people that are just bad at this game (I would say even 95% cases, if not more)... Shame.
Yeah, I blame people and not luck.

Making own private server (Very easy! You can play on it even if you haven't bought the game)
Zoom mod
Mini guide for beginners
website with all recipies

#7 2020-06-04 10:04:01

Catfive

Coconut Fruit wrote:

I think most families die due to people that are just bad at this game (I would say even 95% cases, if not more)... Shame.
Yeah, I blame people and not luck.

this

#8 2020-06-04 11:55:32

Mr.XIX

Also, don't forget the eve-spawning changes, which enlarge the travel distance between different families very quick.

#9 2020-06-04 12:02:28

mrbah

sometimes players are just too spread out among a lot of different families, meaning every family eventually gets the "son-only" curse.

#10 2020-06-04 14:46:26

Arcurus

mrbah wrote:

sometimes players are just too spread out among a lot of different families, meaning every family eventually gets the "son-only" curse.

wasnt that fixed, or is it redone?

#11 2020-06-04 16:53:45

DestinyCall

Arcurus wrote:
mrbah wrote:

wasnt that fixed, or is it redone?

Word on the street is that Jason un-fixed baby distribution, so RNG will kill off longer lineages if the food depreciation effect doesn't get you first.

#12 2020-06-04 17:49:06

Jojigirl

You're playing in those families as well.. So you should be asking yourself that same question, no?

#13 2020-06-05 10:03:51

WoodSpoon
Banned

fug wrote:

Jason intervening out of spite?

Last edited by WoodSpoon (2020-06-05 10:04:47)

#14 2020-06-05 18:37:48

fug

WoodSpoon wrote:
fug wrote:

Jason intervening out of spite?

Jason has murdered people with bears before so an act of god definitely isn't out of the question.

Worlds oldest SID baby.

#15 2020-06-05 22:39:40

x_Raiema_x

honestly i've been going around and mass murdering bears and boars to help stop griefers, as well as making a SHIT TON of soup. while not the best food, it seems to last a while

I say eyyyyyyy constantly <3

#16 2020-06-05 23:08:56

DestinyCall

What is the best food nowadays?   The food math is so weird right now, I have basically stopped trying to keep up.

Is there a best food?   Or is the best food just "yum like your life depends on it ... because it does"?

#17 2020-06-05 23:33:55

Catfive

DestinyCall wrote:

What is the best food nowadays?   The food math is so weird right now, I have basically stopped trying to keep up.

Is there a best food?   Or is the best food just "yum like your life depends on it ... because it does"?

that's it as far as i can tell.
stew does provide good amounts of pips still especially as it is two portions per bowl and easily made but i don't generally do the water/iron math

#18 2020-06-08 10:11:49

FishRfriendsnotfood
Banned

Well shit, maybe you need to play the game 24/7 to ensure that generations don't die out.  Clearly OHOL needs heroes like you.

I'm fish, deal with it or don't, idgaf

#19 2020-06-08 10:37:55

Catfive

FishRfriendsnotfood wrote:

Well shit, maybe you need to play the game 24/7 to ensure that generations don't die out.  Clearly OHOL needs heroes like you.

ladies and gentlemen meet my stalker and biggest fan. If you have hetuw installed you can see him questioning how often i play every few nights as if it has some bearing on his life.

#20 2020-06-08 13:16:57

FishRfriendsnotfood
Banned

Catfive wrote:

ladies and gentlemen meet my stalker and biggest fan. If you have hetuw installed you can see him questioning how often i play every few nights as if it has some bearing on his life.

Get the pronoun right.  If I 'stalk' you then explain why my hash turns up 2 or 3 times this week?  I'll wait till you look it up or find someone who knows my hash.  Believe me, if you are on everytime I play (which is like never) then perhaps you need a new hobby.  One that wont make you such a curmudgeon and going into rage mode over.....a carrot seed.  Calm down Karen, it's not that serious.

#21 2020-06-08 13:41:13

Catfive

Catfive wrote:

Get the pronoun right.  If I 'stalk' you then explain why my hash turns up 2 or 3 times this week?  I'll wait till you look it up or find someone who knows my hash.  Believe me, if you are on everytime I play (which is like never) then perhaps you need a new hobby.  One that wont make you such a curmudgeon and going into rage mode over.....a carrot seed.  Calm down Karen, it's not that serious.

It's not serious you're right, it's mockery of your infatuation. i have no idea what your hash is as it's a game, i don't have the urge to stalk anyone in a game. I have no idea what your carrot seed analogy means and no interest in your fascination in how i spend my retirement but by all means stay fixated, it obviously makes you feel better about your own life.

#22 2020-06-08 14:01:37

FishRfriendsnotfood
Banned

You're right, I spend hours of my life as a soon to be nephrology nurse, not studying and working at my dialysis clinic, but rather stalking you and being so infatuated I can't stand it.  So a mockery of my infatuation would be an incorrect analogy since no infatuation exists.  My original intent was to try and figure out who you were in the forums and discord.  You seemed so angry at the game constantly, so I was curious as to the what and why of it all.  My brain is a curious cat.  Anyway if you feel the need to think yourself better than me and have this grandiose idea that I'm at home with my pictures of catfive comments...then by all means, have your fantasy and make yourself feel important.  Sometimes a question is just a question with no other meaning,  other than hey 'who are you'.  To which I now know you are an asshole.  Point made, and from a fellow asshole, enjoy your unemployment ope I mean 'retirement'.
Anything else you want to add?  Feel free because I'm off today.

#23 2020-06-08 16:53:03

Catfive

You're right, I spend hours of my life as a soon to be nephrology nurse, not studying and working at my dialysis clinic, but rather stalking you and being so infatuated I can't stand it.  So a mockery of my infatuation would be an incorrect analogy since no infatuation exists.  My original intent was to try and figure out who you were in the forums and discord.  You seemed so angry at the game constantly, so I was curious as to the what and why of it all.  My brain is a curious cat.  Anyway if you feel the need to think yourself better than me and have this grandiose idea that I'm at home with my pictures of catfive comments...then by all means, have your fantasy and make yourself feel important.  Sometimes a question is just a question with no other meaning,  other than hey 'who are you'.  To which I now know you are an asshole.  Point made, and from a fellow asshole, enjoy your unemployment ope I mean 'retirement'.
Anything else you want to add?  Feel free because I'm off today.

i wasn't the one with a burning need to comment on chat and forum every time i saw your name. i think that says all i need to.

#24 2020-06-08 18:47:50

FishRfriendsnotfood
Banned

actually, I never addressed you period on this forum before YOU started this back and forth exchange with your stalkerish comment about me. I commented to coconut and you felt the need to address me personally.  Find other posts on forum where I stalk you....I'll wait.

#25 2020-06-08 21:22:56

Catfive

there's no need, you will be demonstrating it each time you're on hetuw like a good little boy won't you? you've nil impact on my life other than the 2 minutes total it has taken to call you what you are, an unhappy little rager on a game. and you posted exactly the same comments about gaming time here that you splerged on hetuw chat. i see you're raging at someone else on here as well now, ever thought of just living a happier life where you don't need to attack others to feel better about yourself?

Board footer