One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-06-03 01:37:45

QuirkySmirkyIan

Horse Nerf (Suggestion)

Since horses are ridiculously more overpowered than cars lets give them a nerf. Since you need iron for horses anyways what if we make it so horses cost iron for maintenance. Introducing horse shoes, horse shoes will require 1 wrought iron to get a pair of horseshoes since horses have 4 legs you will need 2 horseshoe pairs which you can stack like tires. I decided 1 wrought iron per horse shoe would be too big of a nerf also wrought iron to make it somewhat easier and matches color. Next I introduce nails. In order to make a stack of nails (8 nails) you will need one wrought iron and you will smith horseshoes and nails on the smithing hammer with flat rock like newcomen stuff. Nails will allow you to attach the horseshoes to the horse 2 nails per horseshoe (I think irl its 3 but the make it cheaper we will do 2.) You will also need to hitch the horse to put the horseshoes with nails on and you will need to use a smithing hammer to hammer them in which will take durability. To prevent horses breaking down in the wild we will say horses can only break down in ANY homeland and can only be hitched in ANY homeland. Not the wilderness. Let's also pick a number for when horses loose there shoes, lets say every 15 minutes, also when you put a horse on a hitching post once you get to a homeland it will breakdown if it was past time. We can also say horseshoes are not required but every time you hitch a horse you have a 1/5 chance of having the horse injured and won't be able to move for 5 minutes. Another reason for this is nails could add a gateway for loads of industrial content.

This idea was brought to me by the vocabulary word "farrier" in my book for school.

Open gate now. Need truck to be more efficient!

#2 2020-06-03 02:21:07

Crumpaloo

Re: Horse Nerf (Suggestion)

The reason Cars arent viable is because they arent replaceable. When horses go missing theres 3 others waiting for you, when cars go missing theres 3 horses waiting for you, not another 3 cars. You could make cars complete god tier but so long as they are easy to steal people will never use them.

1,280 pips just by Making Pork Tacos, Possible 2,500 pips just by hunting turkeys, and yet, somehow, yall still eating berries, bruh.

#3 2020-06-03 03:13:26

fug

OP going to claim this is a joke post after a nerf again.

The problem is cars are easy to lose and take tons of effort to replace vs horses which are easy to replace and have more space. I get it's hard for kids to understand balancing but I'd suggest thinking before posting.

Worlds oldest SID baby.

#4 2020-06-03 03:14:39

Coconut Fruit

Horses should run only if we feed them kerosene every 5 mins.

Making own private server (Very easy! You can play on it even if you haven't bought the game)
Zoom mod
Mini guide for beginners
website with all recipies

#5 2020-06-03 03:57:48

DestinyCall

Fun Fact - most horses do not need horse shoes.    They provide additional protection to the hoof, but are not needed for normal activity, especially on soft natural terrain, like grasslands.   

Therefore, horse shoes should only be necessary when traveling on fast roads or in special biomes.   Also horses should spawn in the prairie.

#6 2020-06-03 10:03:56

Lava

I knew this guy was a pile of shit when he used autism to justify his passed greifings. I see now he has moved on from the basic greifing in Ohol to actual content nuking. I’m impressed truly.

The greifers have stepped up their shit gotta hand it to em.

———————
Install Hetuw Zoom mod for Ohol by searching up on google Hetuw Ohol

Enjoy

#7 2020-06-03 10:07:15

Arcurus

Coconut Fruit wrote:

Horses should run only if we feed them kerosene every 5 mins.

lol yea! But please dont try this with real horses!

Carts should simply get more slow if fully loaded and not on a road.

Why dont have cars a cart like horses can have?

#8 2020-06-03 10:49:22

Coconut Fruit

Carts shouldn't simply get more slow if fully loaded... Today I had to travel 2000 tiles to the nearest brown fam to get latex, would never do this if they were slower :s
Why would you even treat this topic serious and actually suggest a nerf to horses? Don't do this.

Horses are just fine. Don't compare horses to cars, since cars are broken content and not horses.

Making own private server (Very easy! You can play on it even if you haven't bought the game)
Zoom mod
Mini guide for beginners
website with all recipies

#9 2020-06-03 11:35:01

Arcurus

Coconut Fruit wrote:

Carts shouldn't simply get more slow if fully loaded... Today I had to travel 2000 tiles to the nearest brown fam to get latex, would never do this if they were slower :s
Why would you even treat this topic serious and actually suggest a nerf to horses? Don't do this.

Horses are just fine. Don't compare horses to cars, since cars are broken content and not horses.

i guess the 2000 tiles is because of messed eve placement...  i outlined an algorithm to solve that, bad sadly instead the opposite came out....

#10 2020-06-03 13:54:13

schmloo

If iron and oil wasn’t nerfed to balls we’d probably use cars. However, both are the backbone of every settlement, because water and therefore food is so heavily dependent on it, and it’s so sparse. So every piece of iron and oil should always be put towards water, since if it doesn’t towns will die out. Making horsecarts require iron is just going to worsen this effect, since there will be even less iron for water and tools. Considering horsecarts get intentionally thrown into the wild, replacing them is a constant drain on already-valuable iron. Horses need iron = shorter town life.

Last edited by schmloo (2020-06-03 13:57:50)

Insert OHOL-related signature here

Board footer