One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-05-26 02:16:00

QuirkySmirkyIan

Ian's Life Stories - Day 1 - The Life of Tomy Brown The Iron Worker

I was born as a boy to Rona Brown my name was Tomy Brown I had a bigger sister named Folia Brown. While I was a young child there was a wandering ginger and I noticed I had many cousins and uncles. My uncle Willis Brown had given me the task to farm. I then just began to plant some carrots. Sheri Brown then showed me a magic trick and I was impressed. I then watered the carrots and picked some other ripe carrots but then my leader Pepe Brown gave me a new task. The task is to smith a shovel, froe, and shears. So I headed over to the smithery and started to smith. I quickly made the tools and found that Pepe Brown and the man who requested the tools Brutus Brown were very elderly. So I gave him the tools and he was thankful, I also had a discussion with Pepe about the town and being leader he was a pleasant lad and I will miss him. It turns out that while I was walking to get the pickaxe my mom was talking to the ginger lady Marina Murphy; mom said that she is a returning player looking to explore towns. So I went to find some iron and at first I found many collapsed mines which are no good to us but then I found a fresh mine just a little bit of ways. So I need to head back to town and take a cart with a shovel and get to work on getting some iron. I mine the iron and munch on the pies that I stored in my pack. I end up with about 5 stacks of iron and I also found a eve camp that did not do well. I came back to town and to my surprise my big sister had kids and her kids were just having some kids. I thought she died a long time ago but it looks like I will be getting some gene score this life. I never ended up meeting my grandmother but my mom and Pepe the leader were nice. I returned kinda old because iron takes a while so what I do next is talk to my family and help out with little things. I ended up being really old and I gave my backpack to a young man my great nephew James Brown I asked him to continue my work in the iron industry and him and his mother which whom I forgot the name of seemed excited to do so. So I yummed up a bit on food before I died and I got this funny picture. https://imgur.com/a/uBs172W

This is my first life story in this series that I will be doing. I used to make these but I stopped so I will try to make more consistently. I hope you and enjoyed please leave your thoughts in the replies and if you were in the family please share your story.

Open gate now. Need truck to be more efficient!

#2 2020-05-26 02:51:13

-Ian-

Re: Ian's Life Stories - Day 1 - The Life of Tomy Brown The Iron Worker

nice

#3 2020-05-26 05:22:28

AmberA

These are always fun to read.

#4 2020-05-26 17:35:02

antking:]#

At the end of the days will you post all the diary days together?

"hear how the wind begins to whisper, but now it screams at me" said ashe
"I remember it from a Life I never Lived" said Peaches
"Now Chad don't invest in Asian markets" said Chad's Mom
Herry the man who cheated death

#5 2020-05-26 23:09:28

happynova

Hello there from your liege, Pepe!  Thanks for all your hard work and helpfulness, especially with getting iron, as I never did manage to find the time to figure out exactly what our iron situation was.

Yesterday was my first time playing in a coupe of months, and I have to say, while I wasn't sure about the leadership system when it was first rolled out, I am very impressed with how well it works in its current form, at least when people are willing to use it.  I felt like I was able to help usefully coordinate people's actions, which was very seldom the case before.  But in this particular life, someone went around and made a note of what tools we needed and reported back to me, and I was able to give out orders about it, and it all worked great!

Interesting addition to this story: we had a trouble-maker in town who trapped your mother, Rona, in a fenced off area when she was a kid.  I was able to exile the person responsible and to give out orders to the town about her, and within moments she'd been killed.  (Shout out to Brutus for both that and the tools thing!)  And then ownership of the gate passed to me and I was able to let Rona out, which was very handy.  In other words, everything seemed to work exactly the way Jason wanted and expected it to, which I gotta say did surprise me a bit, based on past experience. wink  But it was nice!

(I did then proceed to embarrass myself a tiny bit later on, and frustrate my dear old mother by not remembering the correct procedure for removing a fence.  Well, like I said I hadn't actually played in a couple of months, and I think I only ever actually did that maybe once, back in the early days of fences.  Aside from that, though, I do like to think I was a decent leader.  It helps when you have competent people listening to you.)

Board footer