One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#26 2018-04-10 01:16:26

breezeknight

Re: let's talk about how often you die building settlement & family as Eve

Left4twenty wrote:

Starving was the human pass time for 90000+ years

would that have been all to life back then, then humanity wouldn't have survived, survival alone is not motivating
they had art already, they had community, laws, fun, which is all missing in OHOL

#27 2018-04-10 09:12:59

Joriom
Website

breezeknight wrote:

today i died surely around 30 times as baby & 10 times as Eva

baby starving simulator

civilization ? not so

You can't stumble uppon "old lost civilizations" now due to new Eve spreading mechanics so wandering around feeling lucky is impossible way to progress now. I believe thats what most Eves did in the past. They didn't learn how to play and were just parasites trying to survive on tools made by others untill they give birth to someone how know what he is doing. They might have made tool or two. Get some string or rope. Collect some food. But hardly anyone was able to start a village on his own during his single Eve lifetime. And those people are now crying because when they spawn as Eve now that a death sentence for them. Their kids are crying now as well.

Git gud. L2P. Start being usefull.

Also - remember that "30 deaths as baby & 10 times as Eve" was basically what we had at the start of the game, right after release. Nobody knew what they were doing and starving simulator went for over a week or two. We're just after Apocalypse and Eve spread took place. We're in the same situation as then - but now it lasts for ever.

#28 2018-04-10 09:41:49

Lucky-San

Joriom wrote:

You can't stumble uppon "old lost civilizations" now due to new Eve spreading mechanics so wandering around feeling lucky is impossible way to progress now. I believe thats what most Eves did in the past. They didn't learn how to play and were just parasites trying to survive on tools made by others untill they give birth to someone how know what he is doing. They might have made tool or two. Get some string or rope. Collect some food. But hardly anyone was able to start a village on his own during his single Eve lifetime. And those people are now crying because when they spawn as Eve now that a death sentence for them. Their kids are crying now as well.

It's true... I agree 100%

but it's a difficult time for the beginners... nobody have the time for good teaching...

I remember my first session: I died for starvation before I discover how to move! I use every key of my keyboard before I understand it was with the mouse! shame on me, but it's the sad reality for beginners!

(since, with the help of good teachers, I became an Eve who not die because of starvation... wink)

Last edited by Lucky-San (2018-04-10 09:46:57)

sorry for my english, but you know, not everyone is british or american... I'm french by the way (the best country in the world!) wink

#29 2018-04-10 20:32:56

StormmyT

What I'm noticing is that girls never seem to spawn for me as an Eve when I'm in a position to actually keep a baby alive. They always seem to spawn when I'm completely unprepared and unable to care for them. Once I get to the point where I have a visible game plan, all I get are boys. And if there are no girls to carry on the lineage, it just seems like wasted work which ends up being a bit discouraging, especially on top of the fact that the chances of someone wandering across your camp are pretty slim now.

I like the idea of starting an Eve one year younger, giving them a minute to get their bearings before having to worry about kids.

#30 2018-04-10 21:02:52

Lucky-San

StormmyT wrote:

What I'm noticing is that girls never seem to spawn for me as an Eve when I'm in a position to actually keep a baby alive. They always seem to spawn when I'm completely unprepared and unable to care for them. Once I get to the point where I have a visible game plan, all I get are boys. And if there are no girls to carry on the lineage, it just seems like wasted work which ends up being a bit discouraging, especially on top of the fact that the chances of someone wandering across your camp are pretty slim now.

I like the idea of starting an Eve one year younger, giving them a minute to get their bearings before having to worry about kids.

When I have a girl unprepared, I always try to keep her... The best move I have found is to stop my work, take the baby and go in the wild find somes berries far away of my base, or better some cactus fruit...
First, we don't do enough exploration I think... it's the perfect time to triggered some families rabbits... Take care of a baby is very easy if you don't prepare your base... you have also the time to speak about the state of your base (needs, planification, ressources)

the ressources near the base have been refilled a little... you have lost few years to feed the baby, but you must catch up easily... and also the most important: you didn't stress...

sorry for my english, but you know, not everyone is british or american... I'm french by the way (the best country in the world!) wink

#31 2018-04-10 22:11:01

IronBear

Lily wrote:

Running around finding berries isn't that difficult when in dire straits but I think a lot of people underestimate the time it takes to find a bush. If you wait until you are already starving it is too late, unless you know exactly where one is.

I agree.

All it takes to be a nomad is a full belly, basket full of berries and a sharp stone and the knowledge you are looking for green grass.   Usually you can make it the next Bush with time to spare.

I personally would LOVE some warning that you pregnancy cool down period is over.  Like maybe a baby bump.  That way you can stay near camp.

Board footer