One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-05-20 12:19:10

Blue tinker

Sign protest thread

A few days ago I made a sign saying 'REMOVE POSSE' and some streamer recorded it. It motivated me to make more signs like "NEED CONTENT" or "REMOVE FAMILY SPECIALTY". And today I have met a player who decided to make a sign on their own. I helped him and now the Sign of Turth, as we called it, is the most characteristic part of the Moon town. We even made a road around it so people can dance around and stew pots so people can eat while looking at it! It was amazing, thanks everyone who helped.

So I just wanted to make this form of protest a thread on its own as it seems to come together quite nicely and it hadn't got one yet. Remember that there is a bug in the letter tech tree that shows you how many skewers you need - it shows you way more than you need in reality. Sometimes even twice the amount! Anyway, we welcome all sign protest enthusiasts.

Some people may ask a question: "So what? Jason probably won't listen and it won't stop Bobo Bill".
While you are right about Bobo, I suppose, Jason sometimes makes test lifes. The signs show that we are not happy about some design choices, the recent updates nerfing more than buffing, etc. It also encourages more protesters to show up and is generally just a cool way spend your life on.

DISCLAIMER: I think that the posse system has become much better with the newest update but is unintuitive. The same goes for family specialties. Don't take my protst as "UHH the updates are worthless, Jason is a bad game designer" or some other things like that. I am just not happy with where the game is going and it seems like despite the forums almost shouting out their dissaproval, the gamedev keeps doing the opposite of what players want. I know that some of the said thigs are subjective but if so many players state at the same town that the game is getting less and less fun, then we have a problem, in my opinion.

New to the forum but not the game. Property fence enthusiast.

#2 2020-05-20 13:24:41

minth

Re: Sign protest thread

If you can use paper and chisel to make words on a sign maybe more ppl would do it.
Making a sign is a lot of work and not worth it. I found the best way to "protest" is just not playing the game. Go sleep that is what I did.

I notice that few days recently the steamcharts showed that Avg. Players drop to around 30+ And the players continuously drop ever since big_smile
There are the whole bunch of ideas could make the game better and new content idea in the forum. But he doesn't play the game and he doesn't listen to his players. Twisted said the iron update is complete shit. Scrapping Engine is bull shit. If Jason doesn't care that his game is dying why would we care?

#3 2020-05-20 13:53:34

DestinyCall

It is kind of depressing that even during a global pandemic with a good chunk of the world's population stuck at home playing video games for days on end, this game's steam chart is still consistently in the red.  sad

I've only dabbled in sign-making once.   It was very frustrating, since you have to make each letter individually, using multiple skewers.    I would love a new system that is more user-friendly.     Or at least an improvement to the number of skewers you get from domestically grown skewers to help offset the resource costs.    For example, the domestic version could grow three saplings on a single plot of tilled soil and provide three skewers when harvested.    That would dramatically cut down on the time and labor when producing a large number of letters as well as help people who need more skewers for tomatoes, shrimp, and other purposes.

#4 2020-05-20 15:00:15

JonySky
Website

DestinyCall wrote:

It is kind of depressing that even during a global pandemic with a good chunk of the world's population stuck at home playing video games for days on end, this game's steam chart is still consistently in the red.  sad

I've only dabbled in sign-making once.   It was very frustrating, since you have to make each letter individually, using multiple skewers.    I would love a new system that is more user-friendly.     Or at least an improvement to the number of skewers you get from domestically grown skewers to help offset the resource costs.    For example, the domestic version could grow three saplings on a single plot of tilled soil and provide three skewers when harvested.    That would dramatically cut down on the time and labor when producing a large number of letters as well as help people who need more skewers for tomatoes, shrimp, and other purposes.

The saddest thing is that the exaggerated imbalance of the game would not support 100 more players ... that is sad!
If this descent continues shortly everyone will be eves (the game for 4 people will have to be balanced again)

ehhh but don´t worry... Coming soon: more loose speech character limits

Last edited by JonySky (2020-05-20 15:03:02)

#5 2020-05-20 19:35:15

Legs

It probably also has to do with the fact that a lot of people CAN'T play. The curse system is badly broken and locks a lot of players in donkey town indefinitely, forever, for no reason. The only time I can play is early in the morning or very late at night. I've tried to log in every day for the past week and it's just- *POP* donkeytown. I haven't been cursed since february. It's ridiculous that jason apparently doesn't care to fix this BADLY BROKEN, literally game-breaking system.

Loco Motion

#6 2020-05-20 21:26:28

Grim_Arbiter

--Grim
I'm flying high. But the worst is never first, and there's a person that'll set you straight. Cancelling the force within my brain. For flying high. The simulator has been disengaged.

#7 2020-05-20 21:26:57

testo

Legs wrote:

It probably also has to do with the fact that a lot of people CAN'T play. The curse system is badly broken and locks a lot of players in donkey town indefinitely, forever, for no reason. The only time I can play is early in the morning or very late at night. I've tried to log in every day for the past week and it's just- *POP* donkeytown. I haven't been cursed since february. It's ridiculous that jason apparently doesn't care to fix this BADLY BROKEN, literally game-breaking system.

I thought you liked to stealth curse people just because: https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=9645
Why do you keep complaining with the same song?
Isn´t it possible in any way that it is your playstyle that just triggers one too many people?

Last edited by testo (2020-05-20 21:27:30)

- I believe the term "Berrymuncher" is derogatory and therefore I shall use the term "Berrier" instead.

- Jack Ass

Board footer