One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-05-18 19:49:47

Laskara

Tech never gets produced because of new food balance

So tl;dr with homelands, radios would be more useful than ever. They're not just a "wow!" item anymore, they'd actually help a lot and have a lot of ingame utility, but nobody makes them. Occasionally I'll see abandoned radio parts while everyone scrambles around ignoring them.

Endgame towns historically had a lot of dank stuff inside- tamed bears on bicycles, playing cards, dice, all kinds of roses, radios, colorful clothes, rail systems, maybe planes even though iron was more limited then.

Nowadays you see mostly medieval level tech and mostly nude people running around even in towns hundreds of generations old, the only engine in town pumps water and nobody bothers with a damn thing outside of it. why? It's the broken food mechanic. As your civ advances, it's more and more about food, the opposite of real life. So these fun advanced end techs are ignored to make an endless cycle of tortilla chips with salsa, french fries with ketchup, tacos, burritos, and pies (so many pies). Trade is done entirely with horsedrawn carts because you can spend more time focused on yum if you're not getting oil to run it. That's it, that's the game now. Everything revolves around foodpro.

#2 2020-05-18 20:08:52

Rabbitmelon

Re: Tech never gets produced because of new food balance

I think kerosene is better used on engine to make water than on a car....horse carts pretty much does the job anyway.

Also, to counter food mechanic, maybe a new food update can do it. I would like pizza, cheese....etc. I like making food.

As for radio, I haven't gotten a chance to learn how to make it. I agree it is very helpful as a translation device!

#3 2020-05-18 20:52:27

Spoonwood

Radios require a fair amount of water to make.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#4 2020-05-18 21:21:35

fug

If you use hetuw you have pxchat to replace the need for the radios.

"Trade" is done in horsecarts because horse-carts > cars. Why would I burn 60 water to hold less space than a rubber wheeled cart? The extra speed isn't really a value people want/need with such short distances and the only other advantage of killing snakes is useless.

The problem with high tech items are they're worse than low tech counterparts aka horse carts > planes + cars due to kerosene limitations and the ease of griefing them.

Worlds oldest SID baby.

#5 2020-05-18 21:57:52

Lava

fug wrote:

If you use hetuw you have pxchat to replace the need for the radios.

"Trade" is done in horsecarts because horse-carts > cars. Why would I burn 60 water to hold less space than a rubber wheeled cart? The extra speed isn't really a value people want/need with such short distances and the only other advantage of killing snakes is useless.

The problem with high tech items are they're worse than low tech counterparts aka horse carts > planes + cars due to kerosene limitations and the ease of griefing them.

Hundred percent agree very easy to greif and not worth it. Realistically hitting the car ONCE with kero should make it run for 10-20 minutes so it’s actually useful.

Board footer