One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-05-15 11:19:14

Spoonwood

Some Stories Just Aren't Possible

The stories of Pyramus and Thisbe, and Romeo and Juliet simply aren't possible inside of OHOL.  There's no way for a player to kill their own self by their own hand, which is less interesting than having the possibility of killing one's self with a weapon or poison.

Lysistrata, even if it were about reproduction instead of sex and wars existed, also isn't a possible story, since there's no sexual relations, nor any reproductive relations between the sexes.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#2 2020-05-15 11:30:00

sigmen4020

Re: Some Stories Just Aren't Possible

iason pls ad ze sucid or i quit de gam. mad

Last edited by sigmen4020 (2020-05-15 14:16:50)

For the time being, I think we have enough content.

#3 2020-05-15 16:21:49

Twisted

The story of Spoonwood not spamming dumb topics unfortunately also isn't possible. I wonder if those two are connected? If somehow Spoonwood stops spamming, maybe Shakespeare himself will spawn into the game and create a new work of art.

#4 2020-05-15 16:32:15

Arcurus

Spoonwood wrote:

The stories of Pyramus and Thisbe, and Romeo and Juliet simply aren't possible inside of OHOL.  There's no way for a player to kill their own self by their own hand, which is less interesting than having the possibility of killing one's self with a weapon or poison.

Lysistrata, even if it were about reproduction instead of sex and wars existed, also isn't a possible story, since there's no sexual relations, nor any reproductive relations between the sexes.

yea self killing is really needed as content, lately so many people where asking to be killed either because they are old, or because of whatever reason, but doing all this work of fulfilling their last wish with the current system is very hard and time consuming and time is money i mean in this case food, so if we want to save food and therefore save the ever starving families we need the stuff Spoonwood mentioned and a game which simulates humanity and where you cant play Romeo and Juliet for sure is still in the Beta or even Alpha.... all know all the Drama starts there, or was it Abel and Kein? For sure the Apple is missing, or how did we fell out of paradise in first place and be dammed to do all this hard work? Did you ever see an Eve eating an apple?

#5 2020-05-15 16:42:47

Glassius

Spoonwood, how are things standing in Sparta?

#6 2020-05-15 16:55:39

Cantface

Actually with all the genocide happening it wouldn't be a terrible idea to turn swords or knives into a weapon you could use on yourself. I know you can run into a snake or other wild animals but it would be a good way to get out quick before they get you. You could just ask someone to kill you before but our vengeful god took that away in favour of something incredibly shittily implemented.
No tutorial and very little info online about posse mechanics except for the forums and not everyone comes here. Unless ppl start teaching others how to properly use it (within an hour lol)or unless Jason puts an in game posse/hierarchy tutorial then all players are gonna continue to suffer.

Fuck everyone else spoon I enjoy your spam. Bobo isn't even the problem with this game he's just using what the Dev gave us(a pile of crap), the developer is the problem here, I now know that with the utmost certainty.

Breasticles

#7 2020-05-15 17:03:26

Cantface

Oh, and ohol is a complete bait and switch, now that Dev has his money he could not care less. He's having a laugh at the players' expense.

Breasticles

#8 2020-05-15 19:52:21

Spoonwood

Twisted wrote:

The story of Spoonwood not spamming dumb topics unfortunately also isn't possible. I wonder if those two are connected? If somehow Spoonwood stops spamming, maybe Shakespeare himself will spawn into the game and create a new work of art.

Oh here we go again with Twisted trying to shut down discussion of interesting, or at least different ideas.  Romeo and Juliet is an interesting story.  It's also a different story than a 15 year old man who can't ever have children.

Danish Clinch.

#9 2020-05-15 19:59:04

Spoonwood

Cantface wrote:

Actually with all the genocide happening it wouldn't be a terrible idea to turn swords or knives into a weapon you could use on yourself. I know you can run into a snake or other wild animals but it would be a good way to get out quick before they get you.

The problem there is that it's hard to make clear that such is suicide to others.  Sure, it's possible for others to see one deliberately running into a snake, but it also won't happen in a town.

Imagine someone getting up in the middle of town and then stabbing him or herself.  That's already dramatic and it would even be more dramatic if it were done with the person saying some reason for such (you idiots wouldn't water the berry bushes!), or even more dramatic if it were like Romeo and Juliet.

Cantface wrote:

Fuck everyone else spoon I enjoy your spam.

Thanks, but did you have to use the word 'spam'?  Oh, and for the record, I don't think I've mentioned those stories before, so I don't think the original post is spam.

Danish Clinch.

#10 2020-05-15 20:27:43

Cantface

My bad you're correct this isn't spam, at least not to me, was just using the term twisted did to be sassy.

Imagine unrequited love or any roleplay scenarios really amplified by a person's self sacrifice. Annoying rp wife? Shank yourself to make a point. Town full of lazy shits not working? Shank. Someone brought wild animals that killed all the women? Shank shank!

Ppl can't take down discord hierarchy grief squads or animal pokers so just give them a way out of a shitty life. If we can't kill others for dumb reasons then at least let us kill ourselves.

Last edited by Cantface (2020-05-15 21:34:34)

Breasticles

#11 2020-05-15 20:29:06

Arcurus

Spoonwood wrote:
Cantface wrote:

Actually with all the genocide happening it wouldn't be a terrible idea to turn swords or knives into a weapon you could use on yourself. I know you can run into a snake or other wild animals but it would be a good way to get out quick before they get you.

The problem there is that it's hard to make clear that such is suicide to others.  Sure, it's possible for others to see one deliberately running into a snake, but it also won't happen in a town.

Imagine someone getting up in the middle of town and then stabbing him or herself.  That's already dramatic and it would even be more dramatic if it were done with the person saying some reason for such (you idiots wouldn't water the berry bushes!), or even more dramatic if it were like Romeo and Juliet.

like the dramatic idea. but the last words would be more believable like: "you idiots, you again wasted all the water on the not needed berry bushes!"

Board footer