One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-05-13 03:09:12

Caiaphus Tarwater

Grief in the Gay Family

I was a baby when the leader I inherited called everyone into the kitchen and then locked us in with no tools to get out.  Someone on the outside had to take down a plaster wall.  Those doors were still locked when I died. 

Not long after that, another member of the family, Crea Gay, stole every baby she could and took them off to die.  She also hid tools.  It took a long time to figure out what she was doing, and it took even longer to organize against her, and she was griefing the whole time.  I cursed her, and so did others.   I couldn't find any weapons to help, but there was much stabbing and arrow-shooting, and it was very hard to tell what was actually happening.  I think she finally died of old age while she was still being chased around.    I'm not sure, and I was more on top of it than most (I think).

Back-to-back griefers all but put an end to that family, at least in that area.  I starved to death at 51 with a raw stew pot in my hand next to some radios.  It was a very advanced place, and it was very sad to be born into an age of violence and regression.

I think there were really only two griefers... I'm not sure.  With all that, I really contributed very little.  I did retrieve some of the tools that were taken off, and I got a bunch of beans watered before I died.  Not too fun, really.

Last edited by Caiaphus Tarwater (2020-05-13 03:35:05)

#2 2020-05-13 03:43:16

JackTreehorn

Re: Grief in the Gay Family

There were three griefers. Two guys who had leadership locked the bakery and Crea was the baby stealer old lady. I was more concerned about the two guys who were exiling and killing people. I tried to get people to unfollow them and start a rebellion but no one listened. People tried a few times to kill them but you needed a super-majority so it didn't happen.

What we should have done is everyone unfollow and start a new hierarchy. If we got more people than them we would have had a new leader who could have exiled and killed all three.

The bad leader guys
-Worn Gay http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=6216983
-Gabe Gay http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=6216983

Babystealer
-Crea Gay http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=6216949

Last edited by JackTreehorn (2020-05-13 04:16:59)

Eve Audette

#3 2020-05-13 04:07:09

Caiaphus Tarwater

JackTreehorn wrote:

There were three griefers. Two guys who had leadership locked the bakery and Crea was the baby stealer old lady.

That helps explain the disaster.  Crea was stealing babies as a young woman too, unfortunately.

JackTreehorn wrote:

What we should have done is everyone unfollow and start a new hierarchy. If we got more people than them we would have had a new leader who could have exiled and killed all three.

Yes.  It's so hard to communicate with other players that organizing against griefing is very tough. The speech bubbles get all crossed, and it is sometimes not clear who to trust.

#4 2020-05-13 06:54:33

Caiaphus Tarwater

My family tree indicates that these three griefers wiped out a 73-generation family.

It was like being present for a violent home invasion.

I suppose we should be thankful that griefers have channeled their psychotic fantasies into the digital world.  Otherwise, they would be torturing small animals in the real world, or perhaps younger children.

I say 'small' animals and 'younger' children because griefers are not brave... at least not brave enough to accept and overcome their own psychosocial deficits.  For most people that struggle is simply called 'growing up,' but development can be arrested in certain situations such that children must prioritize simple defense and survival.  They learn that the world is cold, and they naturally resent those who walk around acting like the world is warm.  They grief, thinking to prove themselves right, but the real mission is avoidance.

Last edited by Caiaphus Tarwater (2020-05-13 07:44:38)

#5 2020-05-13 06:58:05

fug

Actually, you don't know what fun is. You had a very fun time and should be thanking Jason for it.

Worlds oldest SID baby.

#6 2020-05-13 07:12:44

Spoonwood

fug wrote:

Actually, you don't know what fun is. You had a very fun time and should be thanking Jason for it.

Stop hatin' on the Gays fug.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#7 2020-05-13 07:24:30

Blue tinker

Caiaphus Tarwater wrote:

I couldn't find any weapons to help, but there was much stabbing and arrow-shooting, and it was very hard to tell what was actually happening.  I think she finally died of old age while she was still being chased around.

I think the posse system, while interesting and I would love to see it used properly, is unintuitive. Maybe it should get a shoutout in the tutorial along with the leadership mechanics or in the esc menu (there is not much space left unfortunately).

New to the forum but not the game. Property fence enthusiast.

#8 2020-05-13 09:15:32

Catfive

survival games are by far the easiest games to grief, griefing in OHOL is far easier than killing a griefer. the posse system is ridiculously complex, the exile mechanic also. when i joined OHOL 2 years ago nearly, i found it tough but manageable to kill all griefers i came across, that is now cumbersome and counter intuitive. Just remove posses and put back solo killing + donkey town - it was ample.

#9 2020-05-13 09:44:03

Arcurus

JackTreehorn wrote:

... I tried to get people to unfollow them and start a rebellion but no one listened. People tried a few times to kill them but you needed a super-majority so it didn't happen. What we should have done is everyone unfollow and start a new hierarchy. If we got more people than them we would have had a new leader who could have exiled and killed all three.

maybe attacking some one should auto exile him if he is in your hierarchy?

Catfive wrote:

survival games are by far the easiest games to grief, griefing in OHOL is far easier than killing a griefer. the posse system is ridiculously complex, the exile mechanic also. when i joined OHOL 2 years ago nearly, i found it tough but manageable to kill all griefers i came across, that is now cumbersome and counter intuitive. Just remove posses and put back solo killing + donkey town - it was ample.

Yea its quite complex, maybe be could try out both systems. Like eve or the next leader(s) if no one did not yet set it, can set one time if her family is single combat or posse / exile system. Then natural selection would bring up the best system to top.

#10 2020-05-13 13:01:16

Catfive

Catfive wrote:

Arcurus wrote:

Yea its quite complex, maybe be could try out both systems. Like eve or the next leader(s) if no one did not yet set it, can set one time if her family is single combat or posse / exile system. Then natural selection would bring up the best system to top.

I like that idea but if one eve chose posses and another chose solo then one tribe can easily slaughter anyone they want and the other cannot. in other games you'd have solo kill and posse servers

#11 2020-05-13 14:29:41

Arcurus

Catfive wrote:
Catfive wrote:

Arcurus wrote:

I like that idea but if one eve chose posses and another chose solo then one tribe can easily slaughter anyone they want and the other cannot. in other games you'd have solo kill and posse servers

yea, in other games...

the setting would of course come with the homeland, so if invaders come they default to what was set in the homeland they invaded...

#12 2020-05-13 16:53:01

Spoonwood

Catfive wrote:

The lack of different modes is a longstanding problem of this game, since different things appeal to different people.  Minecraft Creative mode, for example, is popular, but doesn't appeal to everyone.  Additionally, different things appeal to the same person at the same time.  Oxygen Not Included players sometimes like playing one asteroid and sometimes like playing another, for example.

Last edited by Spoonwood (2020-05-13 16:54:25)

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#13 2020-05-13 19:51:08

Lockdown
Banned

Caiaphus Tarwater wrote:

I was a baby when the leader I inherited called everyone into the kitchen and then locked us in with no tools to get out.  Someone on the outside had to take down a plaster wall.  Those doors were still locked when I died. 

Not long after that, another member of the family, Crea Gay, stole every baby she could and took them off to die.  She also hid tools.  It took a long time to figure out what she was doing, and it took even longer to organize against her, and she was griefing the whole time.  I cursed her, and so did others.   I couldn't find any weapons to help, but there was much stabbing and arrow-shooting, and it was very hard to tell what was actually happening.  I think she finally died of old age while she was still being chased around.    I'm not sure, and I was more on top of it than most (I think).

Back-to-back griefers all but put an end to that family, at least in that area.  I starved to death at 51 with a raw stew pot in my hand next to some radios.  It was a very advanced place, and it was very sad to be born into an age of violence and regression.

I think there were really only two griefers... I'm not sure.  With all that, I really contributed very little.  I did retrieve some of the tools that were taken off, and I got a bunch of beans watered before I died.  Not too fun, really.

Same people came to our town heh one of them unfortunately was my daughter she took leadership and when i tried to stop her she killed me

Board footer